1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

Fixed.

1 person likes this.
  2. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Lol, gotta love Edina. After years of edinafail you gotta respect how he hasn't treated this relationship like a man in the desert with a water fountain.

Although we all know how clingy Greenfrog can get so he's wise to be cautious

3 people like this.
  3. edinatlanta

Truth be told while I wasn't the most skilled in in the PU Arts, it wasn't like I was desperate. And, speaking candidly and behind the SF veil of secrecy I never really wanted a girlfriend I suppose. I just like and prefer being alone. She's in between moving (her lease expired and she just finished the Bar) so I know it won't be "too permanent" but fuck, man. This is definitely not what I want.

4. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

I hope ed is not rejecting the love of his lady because he believes, deep in his heart, that he is not worthy of it (his lady's love).

2 people like this.
  5. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

I always knew you were a little off. Anyway, if you're not prepared to move in I certainly see your annoyance at either a silly favor or backdoor attempt at moving in. Anyway give her a few weeks and keep tabs on her moving situation and then go from there.

6. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

Are you sure about that? Isn't the upshot of the last post that edina has let the girl has start moving her stuff in even though in freaks him out?

7. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

I know how you feel Eddie. I've gone on a few dates with this girl and there hasn't been a spark, but it's clear she feels differently. Latest text was, "By the way, has anyone told you how amazing you are?" Clearly, a few screws loose. I need to break it off but I'm bad at that.

On another note, the baked falafel I made is delicious but does not hold together. I think I need to add some breadcrumbs or flax seed as a binder.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  8. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Conne, thanks for the material.

9. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home
    MrsG and I had dinner with an old girlfriend of mine over the weekend, let's call her E. It's a girl I dated in high school, and we've remained friends in the years since (she and MrsG get along really well, too, which has certainly helped). E is a really sweet girl, and she had everything going for her when we were kids - money, loving parents, etc. Still, she seems like she's not in a great place at all, and I really hate to see it. She has two kids - one not quite three and the other not quite one - and she's basically raising them as if she were a single mother. She and her husband own a small business, and it sounds like he's a complete workaholic, which means he's never around. When he is around, he apparently does nothing to help with things like discipline (she said multiple times that she gets stuck being the mean parent while he's the fun one), and both kids are very high maintenance.

In addition to the child-rearing hassles of not having her husband around, it sounds like he's just not there for her in general. When their younger child was born last fall, her husband was there when she gave birth but was back at work within 12 hours. He also didn't spend the night in the hospital with her because the bed he had to sleep in was "uncomfortable."

On top of all of her home-life stuff, her mother has been extremely ill dealing with cancer and recovering from nearly-lethal, long-term complications from the related surgery.

I really loved seeing E, but it really made me sad to see how things seem to be going for her. She seemed completely overwhelmed, and a significant portion of the conversation surrounding the meal was spent with her venting about her life. I didn't mind it, because I hope it was a chance for her to get a bunch of stuff off her chest, but it really bothered me to see a good person dealing with so much bullshit. I know I'm probably supposed to be all SF alpha male and embrace the schadenfreude of seeing an ex not doing well, but that's not my thing in general, and I really don't feel that way about her. She doesn't deserve to have things going the way they are, and I hope it gets better for her.

10. Douglas

Douglas Well-Known Member

That's a bummer, G. It's very sad when promising lives go kind of sideways. Unfortunately, it happens to many, many people. Sorry to hear it.

11. edinatlanta

No shit, who the hell would say that to you?

I like the girl a fuck ton, I think she's great. I just don't want her (or anyone) moving in with me.

12. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Wifey wants me to go...cardio hula hooping :fu:

1 person likes this.
  13. Manton

Manton Well-Known Member

I don't post here much but this really did it.

Basic public pool etiquette is that, so long as there is a single lane with only one person, it's bad form to cut in on a lane with 2 and ask them to circle instead of allowing two to split the lane. Well, today I was doubled up with a fat dude who could barely keep his side and swam about as fast as a hippo. Some dickhead interrupted my sprints asking "can we circle?"

I keep reasonably good track of who is in which lanes and I thought that several were open. So I looked. Sure enough, there were at least two, possibly three, and one right next to us!

I said "That lane has only one guy."

Dickhead said, "Yeah, splitting is better." As he jumped into my lane! WTF?

I was really pissed and probably would have started something so I dashed into the other lane to finish. As I did so I overheart him say "I guess he didn't want to circle."

But why should I allow this a-hole to kick me out of my lane? Basically, because if I started an argument and the lifeguard threw me out, I would have to find a new pool, which would be a pain. Or it could have escalated into something worse, who knows.

But damn it pissed me off.

1 person likes this.
  14. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

Do you have an apartment or an actual house? I want a house.

15. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

G, really hard to see that happen to a friend.

in my book, being a good person > being an alpha male.

16. globetrotter

globetrotter Well-Known Member

there is a good chance that my MIL will lose her house, not because she doesn't have money, but because she is too fucking stupid and lazy to pay her mortgage (which she didn't need to get, she got a mortgage just because she wanted to add a bunch of luxury things to the house, like granite counters). so I find out that she is 90 days late with her payment, but that doesn't stop her from paying her live in maid, the woman who comes to her house to do her nails, the hairdresser that comes to her house or the various other luxuries that she lives with.

of course, if she loses her house, I am going to have to deal with her. fuck.

what she doesn't get is that she could sell the house and end up with a nice apartment, paid for and clear, and maybe 300-400K in the bank. fuck her.

17. Douglas

Douglas Well-Known Member

Public pool. LOL

1 person likes this.
  18. edinatlanta

House.

19. aravenel

aravenel Well-Known Member

Manton, sounds like you did the right thing. People can be assholes sometimes. Wasn't worth your time.

20. Manton

Manton Well-Known Member

I take it you have an indoor 25 m pool at your home?