1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

I can't think of anything more lame than Neil Diamond singing Sweet Caroline.

2. StephenHero

StephenHero Well-Known Member

Neil Diamond singing "Satisfaction."

3. Fang66

Fang66 Well-Known Member

Yes, and we know what the experience of death is like because all of those dead people keep haunting us and going on and on about it, wish they'd just fucking shut up already?

4. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

I hate that song...:nodding:

5. wojt

wojt Well-Known Member

so there is something lamer than Pet Shop Boys - Always on my mind?

6. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

[VIDEO]
    [/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]
    [/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]
    [/VIDEO]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  7. Crat

Crat Well-Known Member

These things
    [​IMG]

are possibly worse than stuff like this.
    [​IMG]

So-called subtle show-offy gimmicks. Quality clothing should speak for itself.

1 person likes this.
  8. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

I could have told you that, it's due to school starting in a couple of weeks and all the new university students are moving to town, from what ever shit hole they live in now and they are taking all the small cheap apartments.

I can't remember if you are a student or not, but a "dorm" could be an option.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  9. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

are possibly worse than stuff like this.
    [​IMG]

That kind of thing is just giving me murder thoughts..

10. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

isaia lapel pics are awesome.

11. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

On the blender question, I think I would try to rock the container back and forth until it fell over and I could crawl out. The other option is to exit the blender as the most awesome smoothie in recorded history.

12. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

I also wonder if I might be able to wall run up and grab the lip and boost myself over. The bottom part of the cylinder is usually concave so that might help

13. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

This would be lamer:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

1 person likes this.
  14. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

Piob, when I was a lad, I used to dance to that song at family parties. :lookaround:

1 person likes this.
  15. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

i think the blender question is something about desperation, being in over your head, and the amount of time one is apt to ask for help in a precarious situation.

my answer would be: look around to see if anyone could see me (because blender pitchers are most likely clear) then ask for help.

I'm pissed because I laundered my pants with my keys/wallet/important receipts in the pockets. :fu:

16. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

QED!

17. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

Should be easy for you, you little twink.

2 people like this.
  18. otc

otc Well-Known Member

At least in the one I have seen, there is a crucial set of details that the OP left out.

The problem was defined as "you have been shrunk to the size of a nickel and your *desnsity* has been adjusted to remain constant". The only thing that has been adjusted with your size is your density, which means you weigh as much as a nickel-sized person would but you still have everything else.

From there, you could reason out that you've still got the strength of a normal person. Jumping small masses is easy, so you should have enough strength to leap out of the blender....or maybe punch a hole in the glass (although your reduced mass would mean that your punch would launch you back from the wall of the blender and you might not be able to hit hard enough to break it). Should be able to justify it all with some basic intro-level physics.

Of course these things don't have one right answer, its all about your reasoning process and justification...so I like your answer. I wouldn't be surprised however, if the interviewer took note of the fact that you looked around but informed you that there was nobody to save you.

19. Liam O

Liam O Well-Known Member

Dorm isn't missed the housing window waiting on the application being processed. Small shithole it is for me, woo. Looks like I'm going to be in Norrebo... I'm on the south campus and can't afford a bike or a bus pass. gonna be a long, cold, tiring coupla months.

20. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

A monthly buss pas for central Copenhagen is 62$ and those are quickly saved compared to buying tickets.

I assume you have talked to KU about them helping to get you a place to live, if you are employed or a student, you can get ahead of the line in "social housing", also remember you can get SU.