1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. globetrotter

globetrotter Well-Known Member

it is hard to believe.

that is part of the frustration - the smart thing would be for her to take my advice, because I have been about 100 times as successful as she has. but she won't, because of her pride and that she is older and bullshit like that. anyway, such is life. I was really depressed over this. she is totally fucked now

2. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home

I feel your pain.

I had the same problem when I sold a W/D on Craigslist. I got emails with the most asinine offers, and they generally included, "I'll pick up today," as if that were going to get me to sell them for 75% off.

It was even worse when I sold off a bunch of parts from my Jeep. After I made a number of upgrades, I had a lot of usable stock parts, and there's a pretty good market for them. I posted a detailed parts list, and I got a lot of legit bites. The problem was that every bite was from someone asking if I had parts that weren't on the list. I have no idea what these idiots were thinking, but it was almost as if they thought I had some sort of alternate cache of parts that I would only offer to people who asked. It was like the recruiting scene in Fight Club where they thought persistence in the face of rejection would get them what they wanted.

"I see you have about a dozen parts listed, and a soft top isn't one of them. Do you have a soft top for sale?"

"Nope, sorry, only what's listed in the ad."

"Oh, yeah, I'm looking for a soft top. So you don't have one for sale?"

"Ohhh, you're looking for a soft top. Well, now that you've asked twice, you can be granted access to the extra-special hidden parts list. Don't forget that every purchase over $25 comes with a free hanjo!"

Curiously, we had a good experience when we sold off a bunch of household stuff before the recent move. We sold pretty much everything for very close to asking price, and there were only a few wishy-washy people or lowballers.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  3. aravenel

aravenel Well-Known Member

Yeah, we sold a few small things before and had great experiences. Actually, I sold a W/D before I moved to New York and had a great experience... But this one has just been a nightmare. People have no common sense, or manners.

4. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

When I'm selling something I'll just ignore lowballers. even if it's just a "negotiations strategy" on their part and they're actually willing to go much higher, bitter experience tells me that they will just find some other way to make me regret doing business with them. It's like if you're a lowball purchaser you're almost guaranteed to be an asshole in other parts of your life

5. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

Never slide while wearing shorts in softball. That base is not worth it.

1 person likes this.
  6. Gibonius

Gibonius Well-Known Member

I empathize :happy: Played a game in the rain last week and slid into 2nd. Scraped my leg up and sprained my ankle. Slid about a foot further than I expected because of the mud.

At least I was safe.

7. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

E
    especially if the field is concrete topped with shitty astroturf. Muscle memory can be a bitch.

8. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

[​IMG] All military softball fields are a mixture of glass, razor blades, and rocks so that's what I'm dealing with right now! I hope it stops oozing before Monday.

9. Gibonius

Gibonius Well-Known Member

Yikes. Our just has rocks, but it's not bad at all considering.

One time a deer pooped on home plate. That was pretty funny.

10. Biscotti

Biscotti Well-Known Member

My phone is warping. About 1/8 inch. Piece of shit is only three months old

11. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

Today I set my mind to wondering about something: I wonder if anyone in the whole world has ever thought "Boy, I wish my life more closely resembled L'Incandescent's." (In my real wondering, I used my real-life name, not my Internet name But that doesn't change the point.) I concluded that probably no one had ever expressed such an wish.

12. valjester

valjester Active Member

If anyone has ever been jealous of anything you have or did or are, they have at some point wished that their lives more closely resembled yours. I, for example, am jealous of your 5000 internet points and "Senior Member" designation, and wish my life more closely resembled yours in that regard.

1 person likes this.
  13. L'Incandescent

That is a very fine first post. I have to confess, though: many of my posts were not even written by me, but rather by a cat I used to own who could talk and type. (She sometimes logged on while I was away at work. That got me into trouble more than once.) So I have not come by that 5000 posts completely honestly.

Also, some of those posts have been devoted to carrying on vicious feuds with members such as The Garmenteen Rabbit, The Vegetabler, and Bake McBride.

14. valjester

valjester Active Member

You own a cat? Just swap lives with me already!

15. L'Incandescent

No, unfortunately I do not own that talking cat anymore, or any other cat for that matter.

16. Numbernine

Numbernine Well-Known Member

That alone is enough to trigger deep envy

17. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

oh hai there.

18. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

hai Stitch. Ready for your day trip tomorrow?

19. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

very much so!!! :slayer:

going to be amazing.

20. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

Enjoy!!!

1 person likes this.