1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

:laugh: I don't wear Barbour!

2. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

I haven't but his dog is around. He seems to have people whom he's friendly enough with to walk his dog for him.

I was going to try to re-wax my jacket by myself, but you apparently need up to three tins of wax, and a heat gun to make things complete and easier. I figure $45 (return shipping included) using New England Reproofers is a great deal.

also pissing me off...I'm tired because I watched that stupid long assed triple overtime stanley cup game last night. of course the bruins fucking lost... and I have a feeling I know why.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the tale about G.E. Moore.

4. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Was a good game...go hawks! (and I only had to stay up until midnight to see the end...so suck on that)

5. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Just send out 3xx emails with visible recipients instead of BBC, already got 30+ back saying recipient doesn't exist, so the rest are most likely in a spam filter somewhere. :fu:

6. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

DirecTV > Time Warner by a bunch, but their online interface sucks. (So did Time Warner's when I was stuck with them.)

7. munchausen

munchausen Well-Known Member

T&T has the best interface of any cable service I've ever had.

8. lawyerdad

I hate AT&T for largely irrational reasons. Every couple of years, I'll get bombarded with junk mail and such touting the U-verse service. I'll think, "what the hell, may as well check it out." So I'll go online, and only after ten minutes of asking for information and futzing around will their website tell me it's not available in my neighborhood. THEN STOP SENDING ME ADVERTISEMENTS, DUMBASSES! This has happened to me in at least 3 different places I've lived in the last several years. It annoys me to an unreasonable degree, and leads me to conclude that they are uniformly incompetent in all things they undertake. Don't try to confuse me with your facts or first-hand knowledge.

Well, I also hate them because when I started my new gig last year I had to switch to AT&T cell service (which I had sworn off years before) in order for the company to pick up the tab, and their service (at least around here) is vastly inferior to the Verizon service I had before. Yes, I am deeply resentful about getting marginally worse cellular service for free than I could get by paying for it myself. :violin:

1 person likes this.
  9. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

I purchased a pair of Anthony Cleverleys at the end of a long day of walking. my feet must have swelled from the walking because they felt fine when fitting, but now they feel a bit loose :fu:

10. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Well-Known Member

The stupid Nazi shock jock who asked, on live radio, the female Prime Minister of Oz if her partner was Gay. What a fucking right wing douche bag.

11. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Australian chicks have the best accents. pretty much puts me in the mood to boan after the first few sentences

2 people like this.
  12. Piobaire

Is he?

13. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

The soap I bought is the same color as my bathtub. You know what that means: when I am in the shower, I cannot see it, and so I waste valuable time looking for it. (My eyesight without my contacts is very, very bad. If I had my contacts in, I'd see the soap. But I do not shower with my contacts in, as it would be a ridiculous thing to do.)

14. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Well-Known Member

How droll!

Would some one ask that of Hillary?

15. Piobaire

Well, I hear she's like a quail; small breasts, big thighs.

And no one would ask that of Hillary as Bill has fucked 50% of the female population in every trailer park south of the Mason/Dixon line. Now, they might ask that of Hillary though.

16. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

There's not one good fucking tailor in Phoenix. I brought my sport coats to one that's supposed to be one of the best in AZ and they fucked up. Not big but when I point it out they wave it off. They took in two sport coats on the seams that run through the patch pockets and didn't adjust the pockets. I said, "It's making the jacket gather by the pocket" "Jackets gather everywhere" "Not this one, it never did" "All jackets do."

It was not well lit there. I'll go back Saturday and demand they take it apart and re-position the patch pockets. I think why they didn't do it is because they have pick stitching. It's machined (even though it advertises hand stitched) and they don't like undoing it to have to redo it again. He even mentioned it when I asked if they could keep it on whatever seam they adjust. "Really dude? That's a serious pain in the ass. You know this is machined, right?"

Fucking assholes.

17. lawyerdad

I generally don't put contacts in before showering in the morning just because that's not how my ritual rolls. But I frequently shower with my contacts in at other times with no problems.
    Maybe you should get soap that chirps the way crossing signals do for the visually impaired. :)

2 people like this.
  18. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

same here. generally its fine, but once it a while it causes the contact behind the eyeball phenomenon.

19. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

Just leaving the office now at 11:30. I shouldn't have had to come in at all today, but I forgot to do something yesterday.

20. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

holy hell I am now the poorz :cry:

[​IMG]