1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

Cute. Looks like she has some Australian shepherd in the mix.

2. munchausen

munchausen Well-Known Member

Every dog is different, but I found that a lot of my instincts (yelling at her, hitting her) were actually counterproductive. She started to associate the other dogs with me losing my temper, and it just made her more agitated. A couple of things worked for me:

a) keeping her on a short leash, right beside me instead of out in fron

b) in the beginning, when another dog passed by, I would make the dog sit and look at me. I would get down on her level and keep talking in a calm voice until the other dog passed. If she would stay relatively calm, I would praise her and we would continue on. If she lost her temper we would sit until she had remained calm. After that began to work consistently, we would continue our pace as the other dogs approached, but the calm speech and praise continued. Basically still does, although there are some dogs that I know we can pass consistently without any drama and those we just walk past normally.

It's kind of a pain because it requires your attention to be on the dog rather than letting your mind wander or listening to your ipod. It's part of why I still prefer to walk the dogs really early in the morning when we see fewer other dogs.

3. dlm4114

dlm4114 Well-Known Member

I've found that hitting your pup with a spray or two from a regular spray bottle/mister right in the nose/eyes area works pretty well for reining in bad behavior. This is the sort of bottle I'm talking about:

http://www.amazon.com/Tolco-Bottle-...8&qid=1370447479&sr=8-1&keywords=spray+bottle

Could be worth a shot.

4. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

She's a great dog. The other one, Abby, is too. Abby chews and snores (lol). Other than that, she's great.

Squirrel is the perfect small house dog other than her etiquette on a leash. She loves to sit on your lap, listens (for the most part) and is friendly after a while. And she doesn't bark like a Chihuahua or anything, never in the house... but she does bark at other dogs. And nips if off the leash. Luckily none of the dogs at the park have fought back. They just stare, looking in disbelief. She nipped at a mastive a while ago.

She nipped at my dad a few months ago but she's never nipped at anyone else since. And he did reach kind of fast.

5. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tips guys.

Love my damn bitches.

6. arredondoae

arredondoae Active Member

Ebay now limits searches to 100 characters. All of my saved searches are useless now.

7. aravenel

aravenel Well-Known Member

All mine are still working. Hope they dont change that, would make it much less useful.

8. StephenHero

StephenHero Well-Known Member

I tried contact lenses for the first time today and it kind of sucked. I was blinking repeatedly the whole time and my supposed prescription one made my vision worse. Is there some sort of adjustment period?

9. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

I could never wear contacts. Touching my eyeball freaks me out. I'd rather go to the dentist than the eye doctor. Eye stuff sucks.

10. gomestar

gomestar Well-Known Member

yes, there is an adjustment, especially if it's your first time. It's kind of like getting new glasses, for the first hour or so the lenses will feel a little wonky and vision odd, and then they settle right in. I just dealt with this yesterday.

your vision shouldn't be worse though. Unless you were rubbing your eyes a lot, and this caused irritation plus excessive tears, etc. Those will all affect how well you see from them.

11. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

definitely takes a little bit of time. but well worth it. added bonus, you learn how to touch your eye and get to gross out people like pB.

12. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

It doesn't gross me out to see it done, just done to me. Also, my girlfriend is messed up, she can outright touch her eyeball push it around, do anything to it. You could literally lick her eyeball and it doesn't bother her. She like a retard who is so retarded she doesn't realize that it is supposed to be awkward and painful.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
    2 people like this.
  13. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Is your lens a toric of some kind? They have to rotate and center to work properly and there is a non-trivial % of wearers where this will not happen.

14. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

pB - sounds like a perfect match. :)

15. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

It's why I had Laser..

Couldn't do it either..

16. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

contacts are often the cause of Giant Papillary Conjunctivitis.

[​IMG]

- the solution is totally simple - just stop using the contacts. But totally gross looking non the less.

optha and derma cases produce the most cringe/spine tingly worthy cases from the most simple causes.

17. gomestar

gomestar Well-Known Member

my father describing what they did to his eye in order to get laser still makes me cringe. This was like 10 years ago.

18. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Holy mother of fuck

19. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

I don't remember how long the adjustment period was for me -- maybe a week or so? But it does happen (assuming your prescription is right, of course.

*When I said a week, that was more in terms of adjusting to the physical sensation and the weirdness of putting them in when I first got them. As somebody suggested on the previous page, a day or so is more typical in terms of your vision adjusting to a new prescription (at least in my experience).

20. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

its actually super common with contact lens wearers. if you know someone who wears contacts daily the odds are they have some varying degree of this and learned to deal with it. its just that the papilla are hidden so you don't notice it until an optha flips out your eyelid.