1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

And lose in the first round of the playoffs? :devil:

2. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

haha... I know... that was brutal! now THAT was something that really pissed me off! :happy:

3. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

FML

maybe ill return mine and head off to the apple store over the wekend. thanks for the 411. (yes, i just said that)

4. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

Yeah.. fuck me. Just got home. Their airplanes are old as shit, too.

Also, second night in a row sending my manager slides after midnight. This project is slaughtering me and I somehow got assigned the workstreams that are more difficult and tedious than the ones that were assigned to the post-MBA co-worker on my project team. How the fuck..

Can't fucking WAIT for the weekend, holy shit.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  5. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

dammit. last year we had to let go of an employee who's been with us for around 10 years and contributed a lot to the organization. he kept having stomach pains and claimed it was recurring ulcer. we referred him to a doctor, and also saw his regular physician. last year he requested to go on leave for a couple of months to get better, and I personally checked with him and his spouse on how he's doing- specially since he looked like he lost more than 50 pounds. he kept on insisting it was ulcer and all that, and I told him that he should get mri's and a colonoscopy and all those other probes. after the 2 months he came back to work, but was obviously not 100% and we talked and agreed that he resign and go get himself better. that was late last year.

just found out 5 minutes ago that yesterday he was diagnosed with cancer. :(

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  6. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

Sad story...:(

I hope he will pull through it..

7. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

Sad story...:(

I hope he will pull through it..

8. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

^ from what I've heard, there will be no pullng through.

9. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

i'm so sorry acidboy. never know what to say in situations like this, but thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family

10. globetrotter

globetrotter Well-Known Member

sorry about that. Acid.

last week I heard of the death of somebody I really only knew marginally - the little sister of a friend of mine (forgive me if I already posted about it, I don't think that I did) - very pretty girl, really sweet, always very nice to me, even though we typically only saw each other once or twice a year. she married her high school sweetheart, had a few kids, got an mba and, I think, she taught at a business school. really nice girl. died last week at 41. sucks.

11. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

damn stay safe boston. city looks like its in total lockdown.

I just updated safari and its constantly quitting whenever I try to sign into anything, or browse on youtube. I'm getting flashbacks of crappy crash-y applications from my old early 2000's windows days.

12. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

My dad's cousin, who I'm not sure I ever met (maybe when I was a baby), just died this week at 41. Diagnosed with pancreatic cancer less than a year ago.

I recall my grandma being upset about it in her final days last year, when we first heard about my cousin. Gram was fully resigned to her fate, but was heartbroken over the fact that a 41 year old with two kids didn't have long to live.

13. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

really sorry to hear that, acid. best wishes to him and his family.

14. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

It is an Apple deal, not through the carrier.

15. imatlas

imatlas Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear it, please accept my condolences. I'm shocked that it took so long to diagnose, when he had symptoms last year.

16. GreenFrog

Cancer is the fucking worst.. I hope we will be able to cure it in the very near future.

17. patrickBOOTH

Like tomorrow, hopefully.

18. patrickBOOTH

It really sucks but the truth seems to be that the best defense against it is awesome jeans, I mean, genes.

19. GreenFrog

That would be ideal.

20. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Well-Known Member

So sad to hear about all the loss lately. Reminds me of how truly blessed my only real experience with cancer was. Mom was diagnosed, treated,and less than a year latergiven a clean bill of health. It was a horrific year but ultimately so much better than it could have been. Stay strong yalls.