• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Huge storm friday night. Half a million houses out of power including mine. May not get it back for up to a week.
:fu:
Stitch, hope it's not out too long, and that you didn't have damage from the storm.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's some ***** on the bus with a screaming child, which she ignoring so she can text in her phone.

I have the biggest desire to take the phone out of her hand and throw out the bus.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There's some ***** on the bus with a screaming child, which she ignoring so she can text in her phone.
I have the biggest desire to take the phone out of her hand and throw out the bus.

That's a bit of an over reaction. A simple "HEY, take care of your snot nosed mewling brat you ******* stupid *****." should suffice.

dune

Reaction score
Why not throw the kid out of the bus?

The SSD on which I usually run Windows 7 just crashed. Second time this happened - previous time the guy at the shop told me how this brand is known for failing often, and then they gave me another one from the same brand. Rage.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stitch, hope it's not out too long, and that you didn't have damage from the storm.

Thanks JJ

i imagine its gonna be close to a week based on past outages.

Thankfully we had no damage. A friend of mine had a tree fall on his house and another tree crushed his car in a totally different location. Poor guy. :(

Looks like we may drive to NYC and stay by my brother in law until power returns. We shall see.

Last edited:

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moved back in with my folks due to an extremely kind offer of free living and free office space. I'm saving somewhere in the region of £2k per month by not renting a flat and not paying for an office, but damn living back at home is claustrophobic. I know its a first world problem and I'm basically being an ungrateful little ****, but I would give nearly anything to be living on my own again. Not to mention the fact that my journey to work is now from one floor to another, which means that even if I see friends for 3 hours after work I've still spent 21 hours a day with no company but the radio.

Gah. Whats really pissing me off? That it bothers me. I'm in the ideal position and I can't just accept it for the golden situation that it really is.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Relative of a coworker was killed on his bicycle in a hit and run with no leads. I feel terrible for him.

Last edited:

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moved back in with my folks due to an extremely kind offer of free living and free office space. I'm saving somewhere in the region of £2k per month by not renting a flat and not paying for an office, but damn living back at home is claustrophobic. I know its a first world problem and I'm basically being an ungrateful little ****, but I would give nearly anything to be living on my own again. Not to mention the fact that my journey to work is now from one floor to another, which means that even if I see friends for 3 hours after work I've still spent 21 hours a day with no company but the radio.
Gah. Whats really pissing me off? That it bothers me. I'm in the ideal position and I can't just accept it for the golden situation that it really is.

I know how you feel. I never really got on with my parents, and I'd been out of their home since I was 17. I had to move back in when my fiancee moved in with me, because small white girls don't do too well in the kinds of neighborhoods I'd been living in up to that point. Parents still aren't easy to deal with, but the money I've saved having moved back in puts me in ahead of the game (or more accurately would catch me up to where I should have been).

Being young right now is a ****** situation, you have to do what you can to make the best of it.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That's a bit of an over reaction. A simple "HEY, take care of your snot nosed mewling brat you ******* stupid *****." should suffice.

It had been going for 10 minutes and she wasn't the mother, as the kid was screaming she didn't want to go home to her mother, after 5 minutes the kids starts asking her questions and she didn't respond once.

If was pretty clear that the little girl just wanted attention etc.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks JJ
i imagine its gonna be close to a week based on past outages.
Thankfully we had no damage. A friend of mine had a tree fall on his house and another tree crushed his car in a totally different location. Poor guy. :(
Looks like we may drive to NYC and stay by my brother in law until power returns. We shall see.
Where I grew up in rural Virginia power outages were not uncommon, but they were usually due to ice storms; thus, I know what a hassle and inconvenience this causes. Getting away to NYC sounds like a good plan. Glad you didn't have storm damage.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nearly anything as long as it's less than £2k per month?

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It had been going for 10 minutes and she wasn't the mother, as the kid was screaming she didn't want to go home to her mother, after 5 minutes the kids starts asking her questions and she didn't respond once.
If was pretty clear that the little girl just wanted attention etc.

OK so less emphasis on the snot nosed mewling brat and more on the ******* stupid *****.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads