1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Well-Known Member

After a week of banging my head against a brick wall with area managers and arranging for the staff to buy my brother a new pair of glasses. And after buying the new pair I get a call from a staffer saying that " we found the missing glasses case" were the glasses in there? "no" So why should I know this?:cloud:

I get a phone call from the house manger expressing profound sorrow about what happened and how the staff member who shaved him will not touch him again. That's a win, makes me happy.

Then she comes out with " you know the house is under going renovations" no " well we found the other two pairs of glasses in a filing cabinet" WTF is going on here!

I tell her that she was working the day he flew down to visit and she let him come wearing broken glasses which were covered in filth and that when we spoke she told me she did not know where his glasses were. Silence.

Then change of topic, she informs me there was an incident on the plane when he flew back, he would not sit down prior to take off,WTF this was 10 days ago why wasn't I informed then. "Oh well the cabin crew were able to get him settled but it took some time and they staff didn't want to bother you"

I have to ask what type of idiot do they employ in these places and this from the house manager? :fu:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  2. Liam O

Liam O Well-Known Member

The construction is great. the details I'm totally happy with. Which I could do RTW.
    my issue is with the fit, which is then entire fucking point of going bespoke... does that make any sense? I feel like I'm doomed to never own a damn thing that fits properly, and the more money I spend trying the worse I look.
    If he doesn't fix this shit, yes.

3. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

Damn. I've yet to go to a wedding with such nice wine

4. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Well-Known Member

Wife bought a $2,650 leather jacket that is made in Turkey. I was like, really, and she got all down on me. Oh well!

5. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

it does make sense, but fit is very complicated. if you want successful bespoke you need continuity with a tailor until he gets down your style, and what you like. maybe you didnt even know to address some of the issues you are having, when you were fitted?

its possible the dude is no good, but thats not the automatic conclusion. bespoke takes time.

6. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Well-Known Member

I speak pussy that is much more fun.

7. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

Get him to re-do it and alter it until it does. Who did you use? How many fittings did you have? You should be able to see and fix fit along the way

8. in stitches

also this, along with a bespoke item, should come free lifetime alterations.

9. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

I don't know about lifetime, but certainly initially and until the customer is happy with the fit.

10. in stitches

really? i never did full out bespoke, but i have done MTM. i was told i could bring my items back at anytime for alterations for the life of the suit. is that not the norm? i dont really have a ton of experience with different places.

11. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

Some old Savile Row guys do that but I think it's going away.

I know WW Chan doesn't. They'll charge you for alterations if you come back 5 years later and have lost or gained 15 pounds and want your suit altered.

1 person likes this.
  12. gomestar

gomestar Well-Known Member

:slayer:

food was great, too. As was the company.

13. otc

otc Well-Known Member

People who don't list anything about the shit they are selling on craigslist...

I don't want to buy "an air conditioner"...I want to buy a relatively recent unit (want digital controls so that they have a timer function) of a minimum BTU rating that actually fits in my window.

If you give me a model number...or a photograph...or say 8000BTU 24in by 14in...then I can figure it out.

Also helps if you list a location so I don't find out that you are on the other side of town.

edit: also pissed off by people who don't take down their CL ads when something sells and don't bother responding to emails about availability. I've forgotten to take them down a few times and when somebody emails me about it, I email them back that it is gone and go look for the link to take the post down ASAP

14. fwiffo

fwiffo Well-Known Member

My mother is feeling better - still can't see much through the haze in her right eye but at least the eye is open now and not swollen shut. But I managed to forget the name & face of an exec from across the pond today. I shook hands and it took a minute (a very long minute) for me to intuit who he was. Then I got invited to a workshop and I asked him for when & where until he told me my boss was hosting it (?!). I should've just checked in with my boss today. I did manage to say a "Have a good night and enjoy yourself in town !" But the damage was done. Anyway, took a few days off to stay at my parents to get all of this sorted out.

15. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

took my family out for a nice dinner tonight in Ft. Lauderdale. came out of the steakhouse to find a Biblical deluge, and managed to completely soak my SF-approved footwear. they are now sitting with their trees in a warm place...hoping to minimize their fucked-upness.

the valet, however, was awesome. seeing as we were already soaked, instead of having me step out onto the sidewalk, off the curb, and into a one-foot river of water - he drives my car off the street, jumps the curb, and drives the car right into the outdoor covered dining area. without damaging it in any way (i realized later that they had configured a ramp over the curb - it was hidden underwater so for a second i was like WTF is he doing with my car? aargh).

so i get to walk into my car amid the rather amusing spectacle of seeing a BMW sitting literally in the middle of a section of restaurant. i should have snapped a pic

16. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

Your M3? :devil:

17. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

God the weather's been for shit tonight. I got caught in it myself. Its like a monsoon here. What steakhouse was it?

18. yjeezle

yjeezle Well-Known Member

trying to set up a small get-together... and then having people invite friends of friends...

what the fuck people i'm not going to book another 2 cabins for you and your butt buddies just because you don't have the balls to say "no you can't come"... :fu:

19. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Getting 26 emails from the same person with in a minute, with 1 450kb pdf in each. [​IMG]

20. CalTex

CalTex Well-Known Member

I know that feeling :mad: