1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. fritzl

fritzl Well-Known Member

you would already been at home in the meantime?

2. Big Pun

Big Pun Well-Known Member

Now, I don't claim to be cultured, but a bidet is not a goddamn urinal :fu:

3. globetrotter

globetrotter Well-Known Member

I'd pound on your door, yelling obsenaties. :D

or, I'd just show up at your schul

4. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear. :(

5. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Much like a hurricane or any other unstoppable force of nature, GT is unstoppable. How do you think he got where he is?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  6. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Well, we were warned.

7. globetrotter

yes, but I am sure that doesn't make it any easier. I've said it before, you guys are really doing god's work. I can't even imagine going to the efforts you guys do to help influence the lives of your kids and improve them. good for you and the missus.

8. patrickBOOTH

Very true, Thomas you seem like a really well-rounded hard working guy.

9. munchausen

munchausen Well-Known Member

For some reason I thought that story was about your mom. Weird.

As your lawyer, I would not recommend that you go around posing as a lawyer. But it probably wouldn't hurt to put something in writing, addressed to the doctor and to his boss, if he has one, that includes a threat of legal action. Letters get more attention than phone calls or even visits.

10. patrickBOOTH

That's a good point. I have noticed that landlords freak out when they get letters. Really makes them jump. I think one more call, then a letter is being sent.

11. globetrotter

my wife expressed unhappiness with the way our apartment is decorated, and with the kitchen. we spend a tiny part of our income on housing, less than 15% of take home, which allows us to have great vacations and so on. we have 3 bedrooms for 5 people (including twin girls who share a bedroom) and we have laundry in the basement, and a girl comes once a week to do laundry and clean the house. we can walk to the beach, as well as pretty much anyplace else we want. we have a nearby train to downtown. we have great schools. we have 10 playgrounds within walking distance.

on the other hand, its an apartment, not a house. but then we save all the labor and costs assosiated with a house.

my take on it is that the house is a mess because my wife (who doens't work outside of the house) doesn't put effort into it, she prefers to hang out with friends and be involved in non-profits and so on. and I have basically made my peace with it. yesterday, she started with "well, if we ha nicer furnature I would be more motivated to keep the house clean and neat, and to cook meals and so on"

anyway, we are going to end up spending some change on new furntiture, and I am sure there will then be another reason why she would rather have breakfast, coffee and lunch with her girl friends rather than clean the house

12. patrickBOOTH

IIRC, you have expressed frustration about how she keeps the home in the past, right?

Do you think anything will change when you get nicer furniture? In my experience the novelty of new furniture wears off very quickly. Also, if she is not doing her share of responsibilities at an apartment, imagine how messy an entire house will be. I know, because (not trying to make this sound bad) but your wife sounds exactly like my mother. She never worked and my father is constantly pissed off about the condition of the house when she literally has nothing to do all day. They moved into a bigger house and it was a bigger problem.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  13. munchausen

munchausen Well-Known Member

After she gets her new furniture and new house she will want a full time housekeeper and nanny

14. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

:nodding:

Like my wife...

Each time we buy a house ,she loves doing it up for 4 years , get bored o it and we have to move to the next project..

15. patrickBOOTH

Sounds like my uncle. He is a nut. Moves like every 3 years, redoes the entire place and landscaping and then moves on. He has actually made a good deal of money doing this actually. I told him he should quit his practice and just deal in real estate. He seems to like it a lot more, and he could make more money if he didn't have to practice medicine during the day.

16. Big Pun

Big Pun Well-Known Member

I am going to marry a career woman.

17. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

I can't speak to your wife since I know very little about her, but I can say that Mrs. T used to tell me that she would vacuum the house more if she had a lighter vacuum (We have an old Kirby - steel throughout). Two vacuums later, she still never vacuumed. We still have the Kirby, though, and I use it.

18. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

Just tell you a personal story..

I didn't marry a career woman because we didn't need two self-centered persons in our couple..

After we had the twins , my wife came back, got problems getting her old job back , got transferred worked 60%...

She moved again to my sister's department and worked 80%...

Got headhunted and promoted and now work 90% and loves the job so much she is talking now going fulltime..

Result; I HAVE THE BLOODY KIDS ALL THE TIME ON MY BACK AS I'M A SHIFT WORKER..

Women change and never or the best.

19. patrickBOOTH

I have this new bespoke suit. It is what I would describe as French Blue, or Royal Blue. I have no idea what tie to wear with it. I am thinking may something olive or something, but I don't know. Maybe:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just don't know...

1 person likes this.
  20. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

If you are not going to drive fast, please get out of the left lane. thank you.