• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I made green pea & bacon soup last year. It was the greatest pea soup I ever tasted. In January, I made it again. Still tasted great, and the entire batch (about 10 servings) disappeared in less than week. Last month I made it again, and I could not stomach it. I could not even finish the first bowl. I had to throw the rest out. I'm pissed off that too much of a good thing became a bad thing, even though I tried to space it out.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a couple:

First, 30s-40s aged men taking the first seat on the bus without giving a thought to the little old lady behind them. What the hell are you thinking?

Second, a certain newer member of this board who is driving up an f-ing wall with his pontificating on a certain general topic area that he is far too young and uneducated to know about. And doing it with seemingly unending arrogance. This kind of person is fun to have in class because you get to *****-slap them with their B- on an exam and then shoot down all of their lame protestations about why their answers are correct even though they are patently wrong.

bob

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fact that they can make a cell phone that can play music, take pictures, videos, surf the web, and probably a dozen other things but that they still get crappy reception, wont work in my apartment, and seem to have a less then a one year lifespan.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whistling in public places and talking way too loud.
People who talk to their pets in public.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78
The fact that they can make a cell phone that can play music, take pictures, videos, surf the web, and probably a dozen other things but that they still get crappy reception, wont work in my apartment, and seem to have a less then a one year lifespan.

I feel you on that. Voice quality and reliability in cell-phones (in America) is still horrible considering all the other technology they utilize.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Women who put their babies in those front-facing Baby Bjorn things and walk up to you with the biggest grin on their face because they want you to say something about their baby. I love disappointing them with indifference.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JesseJB
Women who put their babies in those front-facing Baby Bjorn things and walk up to you with the biggest grin on their face because they want you to say something about their baby. I love disappointing them with indifference.

On that note, parents who want YOU to be proud of their children, too. I get that for you this is a magical thing, your child is the most important thing in the world--that's cool, that's how it should be. Parents should feel that way about their children. However, I am a stranger. Please understand that I don't care. That your child has just learned to do something that every other living human being on the planet also once learned to do does NOT interest me. I don't even know who you are. If your child discovers a cure for cancer or can make a particularly delicious sandwich or something, well then now we're talking.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forgot about Jesus.

Shiva beats Jesus. Shiva beats Mormons. Shiva has lots of arms to beat people/dogs/emotions with.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Aches, pains, chills, and colon-shattering diarrhea.

itskub

Reaction score
the managers in the restaraunt at which i work; theyre white and in 30/40's, and live in the middle of the suburbs. Yet they use 'slang'. "sup man" , "word", "yea dog". Theyre 100% serious too.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BigHandMan
Only thing worse are dudes in suits carrying backpacks -- and they're double-strappin' it while wearing the suit jacket. I see this all over NYC now.

Only thing worse is when they're wearing running shoes too...

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People trying to sell you things in the guise of benign motives.

A few days ago, I receive a call from a current student at my alma mater. He tells me that he is interning in DC and would like to talk to me about my career. I'm busy, but I agree to take some time out of my day as a way of giving back to my school. I meet with this fellow, and about halfway through I realize that our meeting is a thinly-veiled sales call to hock some insurance products of his employer.
angry.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads