1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Jan 12, 2007.

1. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

Well just from those shots, the jacket and sleeve length seem pretty long compared to what i've come to expect from TaT style suits. The sleeves look long regardless.

2. constant struggle

constant struggle Well-Known Member

I think it is just a bit long, including the sleeves, and everything could be slimmed up, but if that isn't your preference then no big deal...

3. tighty88

tighty88 Well-Known Member

GS, as much as I would love to get one of your suits, I think I might have a little bit of a reservation with the armscye. I have this Slimane-friendly build w/ painfully skinny arms and the armholes of nearly every previous suit I've owned have only accentuated that. Do you think that your normal armhole style will be able to work in my case? Keep in mind, I would much rather prefer my suits off the rack than made to measure

4. kronik

kronik Well-Known Member

Looks good paulio - sure, it isn't waif-slim but I think it suits your build quite well. Sleeves could be a little shorter, however.

Doesn't need to look like anything in particular; it has the trademark thin lapels, and is well tailored. These things, in and of themselves, are markings of a TaT suit.

5. pauliodotnet

pauliodotnet Well-Known Member

sleeves are def. being altered prolly 1/4" or 1/2" not sure yet.

that was the only issue I thought.

6. Johnny Amiga

Johnny Amiga Well-Known Member

With shorter sleeves, that'll be a nice looking suit. Do post new pics after you get the sleeves shortened, preferably pics without flash.

I've been really impressed with most of these recent pictures, definitely getting my first TaT suit after the summer. First of many, I hope.

7. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

GS, as much as I would love to get one of your suits, I think I might have a little bit of a reservation with the armscye. I have this Slimane-friendly build w/ painfully skinny arms and the armholes of nearly every previous suit I've owned have only accentuated that. Do you think that your normal armhole style will be able to work in my case? Keep in mind, I would much rather prefer my suits off the rack than made to measure

not sure what your question is. Most suits you've owned have armholes so high that they make your arms look even skinnier (therefore you want a lower armhole), or that armholes on suits are too low for your skinny arms? the armholes on smaller sizes 34-8 are fairly high by default

8. jodutch

jodutch Member

What is the target market?
    [​IMG]

Satorial Suits? Sevenfold ties?

9. tighty88

tighty88 Well-Known Member

not sure what your question is. Most suits you've owned have armholes so high that they make your arms look even skinnier (therefore you want a lower armhole), or that armholes on suits are too low for your skinny arms? the armholes on smaller sizes 34-8 are fairly high by default

Actually, what I meant to say is that most of suits I've owned before (especially my recent purchases) have loose/baggy armholes that don't flatter my skinny arms, and I was wondering if the armholes for your suits were slim enough to fix that problem.

10. nickG

nickG Active Member

heres pics of my suit i recently received. just got settled in to my new place after graduation. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. GiantSwan

GiantSwan Member

I know charcoal is a staple color for mens suits, and I didn't mean to imply that I thought the color choice was strange or unusual. it just seemed like every TaT suit people had mentioned getting recently was in charcoal.

Reading through the rest of this thread, the wall of charcoal seemed to be shot through with more cracks of navy and black than recently, not to mention the occasional tweed.

I guess it just goes to show that we new buyers are an adventurous bunch. That said, I'm dying of anticipation waiting for my charcoal two button

12. RyanLeez0r

RyanLeez0r Active Member

First of all, I would just like to thank jason for having absolutely incredible customer service. Truly a stand up guy.

Earlier in this thread I had posted pictures of my TaT suit. After jason and others had seen the suit it was clear that the jacket just fit completely wrong (something was messed up with the right arm)

I received the "repaired" suit jacket a few days ago and it fits 9000000 times better than the last one. I'm getting it back from the dry cleaner tomorrow in time for my post secondary graduation and will have pics of the new suit up later on.

Thanks jason.

13. benjamin831

benjamin831 Well-Known Member

I just recieved my first TaT suit from Jason and I have to say it fits very well, everything was spot on except for the slight rippling on the upper back, which can be easily fixed by my tailor. All in all, I'm very impressed.

However, I have a growing concern about my new suit. There seems to be major bubbling/rippling along the front darts and towards the end of the lapel and down to the quarters. The bubbling along the lower lapel and quarters are not the ones caused by the pickstitching, but something wrong with the suit internally. My fear is that the TaT shrunk the canvas without shrinking the fabric during the pressing process.

I'll consult with my dry cleaners to see if that can sort it out, but my tailor says theres little that can be done.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

14. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

Ben,

Let me know if the issue can't be sorted out locally. I check out everything before shipping and didnt notice anything odd but I'm sure you're correct if you are seeing something not right.

If you can't get it cleared up, can you take a couple pics for me and email them to me.

15. swooc

swooc Well-Known Member

heres my first order, yep another charcoal. i think i did alright with measurements. went with the conservative cut, though would have liked the jacket to fit slimmer (not used to wearing a comfortable jacket hehe). the pants is spot on though. the sleeves need shortening but other than that im pretty happy with it. thanks jason. next order will definately ask for a more aggressive cut with slimmer lapels. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. Chip

Chip Well-Known Member

My first TaT suit. Dark Navy wool 2-button, House cut. Similar to OTR 36-37s. ....sorry photobucket is still spitting the pics sideways.. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. Nil

Nil Well-Known Member

Argh. All these suit pictures makes me wish TaT was made up to my size (46" chest).

Damn it.

18. Notreknip

Notreknip Well-Known Member

swooc, that silhouette is perfect in my opinion. I'd call that cut pretty aggressive as is. I think it looks great! Nitpicks: - slightly too long sleeves - random bunching/rippling (which hopefully are just temporary)

19. vstoto

vstoto Active Member

Here is the TaT 1-button I wore to my school graduation. Excuse the poor picture but I took it for a WAYWT and I don't want to get dressed back up for fit pics [​IMG] [​IMG] The sleeves are a little long (hence the weird fists holding my shirt sleeves), but hopefully I can get them tailored even though this is supposedly difficult since they are functional. Ordering from TaT was a great experience and I recommend them to all.

20. Kodiak

Kodiak Well-Known Member

Here is the TaT 1-button I wore to my school graduation. Excuse the poor picture but I took it for a WAYWT and I don't want to get dressed back up for fit pics [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The sleeves are a little long (hence the weird fists holding my shirt sleeves), but hopefully I can get them tailored even though this is supposedly difficult since they are functional.

Ordering from TaT was a great experience and I recommend them to all.

Damn, that fit looks epic from what I can see.