1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Robertito

Robertito Well-Known Member

Wow - what a great look.

2. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

Can we get a "best of TaT" archive so we can see the best fit pics?

This would be a good idea, jason. There are some people who rarely look at this thread without knowing all the details, read people nitpicking details and some people getting strange fits on their suit due to the self measurements and stuff and they might be getting the wrong idea. I know there was a sufu thread last week about your suits and it seemed that this was the case. A link on your site like what MJK does would be helpful. A devoted page like that is much easier to browse than a blog format updated with fit pics randomly like currently.

3. Dandy Highwayman

Dandy Highwayman Well-Known Member

Thanks folks!
    Just to let you know, I would have put you closer to 6'0. The pant length is perfect, IMO.
    I can only attribute that fact to the flattering cut and my photography skills, heh. Regarding the trousers, I just double-checked my body measurements against a pair of well-fitting trousers I already owned. I highly recommend doing the same if you want a good fit.
    Dandy, how close to black is the suit? It loooks almost black in your pictures.
    It looks blacker in those pics than it is really. It's certainly a very dark grey but looks lighter when you see it up close. This is a better depiction of the colour. [​IMG]

4. JO3B

JO3B Well-Known Member

completely jealous of your measurements.

[​IMG]

5. Dandy Highwayman

completely jealous of your measurements.

[​IMG]

Goodness me, why? [​IMG] I have a hell of time trying to find clothes that fit most of the time...

6. stickonatree

stickonatree Well-Known Member

due to recent improvements, i may just have to order another suit for my upcoming internship...

7. Jas0n

Jas0n Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

does anyone know off hand which of their fabrics each of these suits is made with?

beautiful suits, btw

8. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

left is navy 10oz
    middle is a tweed that is not avail (blueish w/red overcheck)
    right is tan/brown herringbone tweed

for the most part I'm going to be unavailable for any local meetups for next 2-3 weeks, but if you're interested you can inquire altho there's a good chance I wont be able to do it until 3 weeks later

9. akj27

akj27 Well-Known Member

Suits look great man, if I hadn't just bought a Hugo Boss suit I would buy one from you.

10. linsook

linsook Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

jsut got it in the post today (notice the wrinkles, fresh out the package), took a super quick shot before i had to run off. sorry for the poor quality will take better later.

fits great, love it, thanks jason.

edit:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. Robertito

Robertito Well-Known Member

Just beautiful! Did you go for the default settings, or did you request any changes to the suit?

12. chronoaug

Seems like he had the pant hem and lapel a bit wider than house but i'm not sure. What fabric is that? I think that's the one i was gonna get for my first one in the future.

13. constant struggle

constant struggle Well-Known Member

are the sleeves wrinkled in that or are they really that 'twisty'

14. chronoaug

He even said it was wrinkled since it was fresh out of the box. He should probably just take it into the shower with him to steam the wrinkles out.

15. linsook

ya wider lapels, less tapered leg. on med grey.

need to get it steamed/pressed.

1 person likes this.
  16. Notreknip

Notreknip Well-Known Member

Your medium grey shots just made my day. After some extended discussion with Jason re: fabric, I ended up going with the medium grey. It will be my second TaT suit and I'm very glad I went with something that can under no circumstances look remotely similar to navy.

17. GiantSwan

GiantSwan Member

Hi everyone, I'm new here at style forum. I joined because I just ordered my first TaT suit after reading about everyones experiences with Jason and seeing the awesome results. I'm getting a charcoal 2 button with a notched, slightly-wider-than-house lapel. I'm so excited, 3 weeks is too long.

I have to add that my experience with the ordering was almost surrealistically easy. It was so easy, in fact that I almost have that feeling like I must have missed something crucial entirely. I told Jason my measurements, listed my preferences, referenced some suits on this board that had similar stylistic tweaks to the ones I wanted, he said OK, and I got a bill for the quoted amount. This is all the more amazing, since I think I only discovered that TaT existed 48 hours ago.

18. linsook

Hi everyone, I'm new here at style forum. I joined because I just ordered my first TaT suit after reading about everyones experiences with Jason and seeing the awesome results. I'm getting a charcoal 2 button with a notched, slightly-wider-than-house lapel. I'm so excited, 3 weeks is too long.

I have to add that my experience with the ordering was almost surrealistically easy. It was so easy, in fact that I almost have that feeling like I must have missed something crucial entirely. I told Jason my measurements, listed my preferences, referenced some suits on this board that had similar stylistic tweaks to the ones I wanted, he said OK, and I got a bill for the quoted amount. This is all the more amazing, since I think I only discovered that TaT existed 48 hours ago.

welcome to the forum, i'm pretty new here too, and signed up because of jason's suits.

looking forward to seeing yours and Notreknip results.

19. Dandy Highwayman

Linsook, I really like the medium grey colour of your suit. Think I might go for that if and when I order my next one! Although I also want to get a basic navy at some point...hmm, decisions decisions...

All I need now is money.

20. linsook

ya, i already have this med grey and a black one, my next would be one in navy.