• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

IronFist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
if TaT is your punk band, what stage is the band at now?
Buy all you can get as long as the backcatalog is still available on vinyl without UPCs/only the cool kids recognice the bandshirt? What's your problem? Or is there a problem at all?

dinted voice

Reaction score
My Grey Tweed w/ Orange Overcheck just shipped today. Will post pics upon arrival, but if you cannot wait Jason snapped some pics and put up in his lookbook.

RyanM

Reaction score
Ok, I just got my first TaT suit and had it pressed, and it's very impressive for a first order. It's almost perfect, there's only two things; it looks like there might be is a bit of a rumple behind the collar, but it's hard to tell just looking in the mirror. The other thing is the left sleeve has a what looks like a bit of a sleeve pitch issue. Pants will be good too, they need to lengthened about a 1/2 or 3/4", and the sleeves could probably be lengthened a bit. Next time, I'm going to ask for the armholes to be even higher.
I'll post pictures for critique as soon as I get the chance.

swooc

Reaction score
sounds like a good fit. can't wait to see some pics.

jo-fu

Reaction score
Just got my first TaT suit in. Its a 2 button dark gray conservative cut. The suit itself looks fantastic and I can't rate Jason highly enough. I went down to LA and had him measure me himself. Its also got a killer deep red lining. I'm interested in critique on alterations for this guy and what to do different next time. I've got some ideas but i'll leave it unbaised
smile.gif
PICS DELETED EDIT: I have no intentions of wearing it with that shirt, and every intention of using all my belt loops next time! EDIT2: Okay nevermind. We're fixing it!

JO3B

Reaction score
that fit is bad news bears. the rise on those pants is way too low in comparison with the jacket, the pants fit horribly otherwise as well. way too much hip flare. moreso than i've ever had with japanese repro denim.

starcrash

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jo-fu
Just got my first TaT suit in. Its a 2 button dark gray conservative cut. The suit itself looks fantastic and I can't rate Jason highly enough. I went down to LA and had him measure me himself. Its also got a killer deep red lining.

I'm interested in critique on alterations for this guy and what to do different next time. I've got some ideas but i'll leave it unbaised
smile.gif

EDIT: I have no intentions of wearing it with that shirt, and every intention of using all my belt loops next time!

Almost every measurement is off. This suit would need some serious tailoring or maybe you can sell it and try to get the fit better next time.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
yea that fit is pretty off.....I'll take care of it for you but it's def something that needs some serious attention

**btw, emailed you about meeting up to take care of the problems, of which there are many unfortunately, but I'll sort you out properly

fosho

Reaction score
Just wanted to say that I took my first TaT suit to Hamza Simrick in D.C. (Savile Row Tailor, has written textbooks on tailoring) and he was really really impressed by Get Smart's work, especially considering I just measured myself and sent him my measurements. Just thought it was pretty high praise coming from a guy who knows his ****, and I wanted to give my thanks again to GS. He worked with me even though I wanted a really off the wall fitting suit and considering this is my first suit I've purchased, the fit is perfect.

Thanks again man, and keep it up. I'll be hitting you up for a second suit in a couple of months.

Reaction score
Yes, Google Checkout will send you an email saying that your order has shipped. There is no shipping tracking, but I live on the East Coast and have found that my orders arrive 4-5 days after receiving the email.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by starcrash
Almost every measurement is off. This suit would need some serious tailoring or maybe you can sell it and try to get the fit better next time.

I will vouch for Jason staying behind his product. His patience and ability to diagnose issues are excellent. His customer service skills are tops in the business and he will always work with you to ensure you are satisfied. I have a weird shoulder that is causing me issues (one shoulder is more hollow than the other) and Jason has been excellent in terms of helping me get things resolved.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads