1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Smahatma

Smahatma Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that orders anything besides a 2 button conservative cut charcoal suit?

I want to see something interesting peoples.

2. Warren G.

Warren G. Well-Known Member

I received my 2 button conservative dark medium gray suit couple weeks ago. Ima pick it up tomorrow from my tailor. If I can find a camera..I'll try to snap some pics. I have a wedding in 3 weeks.

3. gomestar

gomestar Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that orders anything besides a 2 button conservative cut charcoal suit?

I have the upgraded medium grey in the house cut with the MoP button upgrade.

4. pandemic

pandemic Well-Known Member

As your first suit, probably yes

5. Trickmyster

Trickmyster New Member

[​IMG]

-Shirt= Lilac JtG button down
    -socks= Nike dry-fit size M
    I'll get a not so lob-sided picture when my shoes come in
    Thinking the pants may need to be hemmed and the hair trimmed.
    Also, thanks jason for the fast turnaround - I think 3 weeks on the dot?

What fabric was used on this suit?

6. alexwgoody

alexwgoody Well-Known Member

How much $ is the MOP upgrade? I can't seem to find it on the website or on this thread.

7. gomestar

8. pandemic

pandemic Well-Known Member

What fabric was used on this suit?

Not sure...paging GetSmart

9. constant struggle

constant struggle Well-Known Member

jason, sorry I lost your PM where you told me the price for just a sportscoat - was it $375 or $325
    Secondly, can I specify jacket length? (yes still on the short side, but i'd rather be accurate than have you interpret a length)

10. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

I want to order some separate slacks, anyone can post about their experience?

11. gomestar

I haven't ordered just slacks, but I can comment on the slacks part of a suit from TaT

12. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

jason, sorry I lost your PM where you told me the price for just a sportscoat - was it $375 or $325
    Secondly, can I specify jacket length? (yes still on the short side, but i'd rather be accurate than have you interpret a length)

$340 and yea you can specify an exact length

13. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

I haven't ordered just slacks, but I can comment on the slacks part of a suit from TaT

Please do. I might just take measurements from a pair of TB pants but that would be sort of a cop out. I also get my TB pants altered anyway so...

Send the website an email.

14. gomestar

Please do. I might just take measurements from a pair of TB pants but that would be sort of a cop out. I also get my TB pants altered anyway so...

Send the website an email.

I took the length measurment from a pair of my TB pants. On my TB, they're cuffed exactly at the breakline where sometimes they break and sometimes they do not. When I got my TaT pants, they were about 1/2" shorter than my TB pants, so no break at all ... come to find out I love the way it looks and wouldn't change it at all. But the 1/2" looks substantially different, so be aware. I don't know the technical term, but I believe the TB pants have a much lower crotch area, you can really jack them up your waist if you know what I mean, while TaT does not have this so naturally the legs will have to be longer in length.

Other than that, I suggest the regular slant pockets, i have the frogsmouth and because they're more frontally located (and the pants are so skinny), I really can't put a whole lot in the pockets since everything sticks out.

I highly recommend TaT, great product for great price.

15. korce

korce Well-Known Member

$340 and yea you can specify an exact length

Now here's a question:

If one wanted to order an odd jacket (sport coat) and odd pair of trousers, would the price be the same as for a suit? Or more, because they will be in different fabrics?

16. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Well-Known Member

I had it done. Everything came out right except for the inseam (i.e. the length of the leg), which was easy to fix.

17. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

Now here's a question:

If one wanted to order an odd jacket (sport coat) and odd pair of trousers, would the price be the same as for a suit? Or more, because they will be in different fabrics?

same price.

Interestingly, my first idea before I started this was the idea of selling suits as separates rather than a proper one fabric suit. I really like the idea of separates-suits, and think that it comes off much more stylish than a full suit. Of course I'm talking about social settings, but even in a lot of workplaces I think you could pull off having separate jacket and trou without anyone thinking negatively.

btw, I'm taking off for the Vegas rockabilly weekender thurs morning so I wont be answering emails til I get back on monday.

18. obiter dictum

obiter dictum Well-Known Member

My first TaT shipped today! Going to be a difficult few weeks of anticipation and nail baiting until it arrives...

I don't think I dare to trust any of the drycleaners in this area with pressing it. Would it be okay if I steamed it by hanging it in the bathroom while the shower is on, or will that ruin it?

19. Sander

Sander Well-Known Member

I don't think I dare to trust any of the drycleaners in this area with pressing it. Would it be okay if I steamed it by hanging it in the bathroom while the shower is on, or will that ruin it?

Nope, that should be perfectly okay. Worst thing that can happen is that you don't get every crease out.

20. Sunscreenboy

Sunscreenboy Well-Known Member

Here's my first TaT conservative cut suit. I figure I post it here for your reference.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/s...g?t=1238985603

Some adjustments I'm planning on making for my 2nd:
    -Lapel widen from 2.5 to 3inch, Jacket longer by 0.5
    -Chest in by .5inch

Some questions I have for people with TaT suits:

-Has anyone had experience in modifying the height of the armhole on future orders? The 3rd picture illustrates how low the scye is (not that this will be a common pose for me). Or would that be redundant after I take in the chest?

-The shoulders / upper arm is doing something funky, I'll speak to a tailor and see what would needed to be changed. It sounds like Jason is open to making the adjustment so long as it's 2 dimensional. Has anyone had experience is getting this corrected on future orders?