1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Jan 12, 2007.

1. linsook

linsook Well-Known Member

those pants paired with that suit seem off.

it looks as if you have some sort of flair going on. at the very least they're way too long.

agreed. so i had em slimmed and shortened for the next

2. stickonatree

stickonatree Well-Known Member

someone please post a DB fit, i'm excited!

3. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

Why don't more people buy TaT? I haven't seen any negative reviews so far, and the pricing seems ridiculous in a good way. Is it just because they'd rather own a "brand-name" suit?

I don't buy suits online.

4. badtant

badtant Member

Jason, do you have any pictures of someone wearing the 4 button suit? Would be great!

5. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

no, some of my friends have them but I dont have pics...that most recent one that's on my mannequin form "inspired" me to offer it up as an available cut. I know 4 buttons suits are poo-poo'd around this forum but for the right guy, wearing it properly, it's the bees knees and smart as fuck.....as I wrote on my site, "iGents" need not apply on this one

I'm going to wear one while in London so I'll prolly have pics after the new year

6. badtant

badtant Member

Can't you get some pictures of one of your friends then? I really like the look of it but mannequin pics doesn't really tell all that much. Otherwise I'll have to wait for a moth...

7. Krazine

Krazine Member

Going to order a suit soon, but still can't decide on which fabric ;[. It's going to be my first suit, so I was thinking about black, navy #12 or black herringbone, which one should I get?

8. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Well-Known Member

It depends on what you need the suit for. If it's your first suit, I would say navy. It's more classic and conservative, meaning you'll probably get more wear out of it. Black can look good (although others will disagree), but it's certainly more edgy. Good for a night out or a party, but not nearly as good in a job interview.

9. korce

korce Well-Known Member

^^ Charcoal Flannel is always a good bet for a first suit. Conservative enough for a job interview, wedding, or funeral, but can still be "dressed down." That would probably be Jason's recommendation too.

10. swordfish01

swordfish01 Active Member

^^ Charcoal Flannel is always a good bet for a first suit. Conservative enough for a job interview, wedding, or funeral, but can still be "dressed down." That would probably be Jason's recommendation too.

I personally love a black suit with white shirt and red tie... I have a TAT midnight navy that gets me close to that... but I may order a black one soon.

There are events that are blacktie only, in which you will see people in black suit, tux, etc... so it does come in handy.

11. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

if you want black, but not "black" the new black italian herringbone (top of fabric page) is a nice alternative for a black suit

12. Viktri

Viktri Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Very tight armholes same suit, diff lighting [​IMG] My camera isn't that good, used solid colours so it is easier to see the silhouette of just the jacket. [​IMG] if I were to get another suit, I'd get side tabs rather than belt buckles.

13. JO3B

JO3B Well-Known Member

it looks like it fits the way its supposed to but the tie and shirt combo is horrid. hopefully just for a full package pic.

14. Viktri

Viktri Well-Known Member

it looks like it fits the way its supposed to but the tie and shirt combo is horrid. hopefully just for a full package pic.

yup
    contrast just to make it easier to see, my camera is pretty weaksauce

15. bsyde82

bsyde82 Well-Known Member

sorry if this has already been answered on this thread, but if I have a blazer that fits me "perfectly", would you be able to perfectly duplicate the fit if we sent the blazer to you to use as a template?

16. djs488

djs488 Well-Known Member

viktri, looks fantastic; everything looks spot on.

17. Viktri

Viktri Well-Known Member

viktri, looks fantastic; everything looks spot on.
    I hope the pics were sufficient for those wondering whether or not TaT can accommodate an athletic build.

18. boardumb

boardumb New Member

Oooh, I know what I'm going to be getting when I get my (albeit tiny) tax return. Looking forward to my first suit.

19. Smahatma

Smahatma Well-Known Member

1b notch lapel grey herringbone tweed

[​IMG]

awesome lining

[​IMG]

pattern matching on the pocket flap

[​IMG]

20. Lel

Lel Well-Known Member

Soooo good, makes me seriously consider ordering a herringbone tweed jacket for casual use.