1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Zam Barrett Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by 1234, Apr 24, 2012.

1. djt00

djt00 Well-Known Member

Textured wool scarf is great. If you appreciate nice fabrics in general and good quality construction, I'm sure that you'd be satisfied with Zam Barrett scarfs.

2. Zamb

Zamb Well-Known Member

Hello to all our nice friends here

just a few things to answer a few questions that pop up more often that not

ITEM PICTURES AND SIZING: generally items are much nicer in person than the pictures suggest so its always good to see the items in person before concluding as pictures dont tell everything. As for sizing. most items fit True to size, however because of the artisanal nature of the work, there is always slight variations in fit etc, so please feel free to check with us for measurements if you are curious to buy anything

ZFACTORIE STOCK
    the stock on Zfactorie is generally accurate within a day or two, sometimes we might have something that says out of stock, but it isnt, so please check with us uf you need an item and its not on the web store because we sell also items directly from the studio and have tons of item here that are never listed on Zfactorie so always inquire with if if needed

ZFACTORIE RETURN POLICY
    A formal return policy will be posted on the web store site for the upcoming FW13 season. will there are a few things unique to Zfactorie, general return policies are the same as most stores/ web stores. items not on sale can be returned for a full refund. items at say 30% off can be return for a full refund. items 50% off can be returned for store credit. Anything below 50% is generally final sale as we usually dont go below 50% off on the items

SPECIAL INQUIRIES
    We do not do alterations on non Zam Barrett products, however if an item is bought from us, and the sleeves needs to be adjusted, or the length of a pants is too lontg, we are happy to make such alterations to the customer at no charge.
    Most items even from past seasons can be special ordered. however all special order items are sold at full price, so feel free to inquire of us if there is an item from perious season or not immediately available that you may be interested in.

Email contacts:

dialogue@zambarrett.com
    most emails to this address comes directly and are answered by me)

tracking@zambarrett.com
    better after a purchase has been made and you need tracking number etc.Kymoya, the shipping manager answers these, and she prettier and better at communicating than I am so please direct general inquiries to her

9 people like this.
  3. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the leg opening in the DNA pants is smaller than in the DNA jeans?

I had bought a pair of DNA jeans in size 48 but unfortunately they were too small so I ordered a pair of minimalist DNA pants in size 50, since I didn't like the DNA jeans this season (asymmetric), and also I've heard the linen fabric is great.

But now that I look at the pictures more closely, the pants seem slimmer from the knee down, which worries me a bit since I liked the DNA jeans and wouldn't want these to be any slimmer.

Edit with Zam's reply to my email (thank you!):

I think they are the same
    if not and you want slightly slimmer we can adjust them for you

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  4. Zamb

Zamb Well-Known Member

^

so it way you...............LOL

Glad we could be of help to you

We are still trying to get all measurements for the items uploaded on the site and a small assortment of new items we still have to stock, its not a particularly easy think to do, as we tried before the Black Friday sale and it completely messed up the layout of the pages.

if anyone has any questions about any of the items please feel free to contact us regarding your concern or for measurements and we will try our best to address them.

Also, the discount codes that began the black Friday sales have been extended. many of our nice customers were not able to take advantage of the sales period, so we extended the codes as a courtesy to everyone, so they still work at the moment

ZB

5. JayFS

JayFS Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Holiday release seems fantastic especially this coat...

Sup @artishard116 ?

6. artishard116

artishard116 Well-Known Member

That coat is great. Really heavy and awesome texture. The pics on fb are unedited, the ones that go up on the webstore will be better. Here are a few of my fav pieces:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
    3 people like this.
  7. Ariiam

Ariiam Well-Known Member

Why'd you look so grim/bored

8. Zamb

Zamb Well-Known Member

Great shoot with lots of detail and thanks to art for filling in to model

All the images will be up tomorrow by noon and we will also be having 40% off on all the items in the webstore (some leathers excluded from this) for this week, so those who are looking for gifts for themselves and for others can take advantage of tho sale this week

coupon code is gift40

5 people like this.
  9. artishard116

artishard116 Well-Known Member

Blue Steel.

2 people like this.
  10. Magic1

Magic1 Well-Known Member

Great jacket Zam. Would look good with raw cuffs too.

Those leather bags also look beautiful. Robust materials and construction, subtle styling, and functionality, perfect balance.

11. Jbravo

Jbravo Well-Known Member

Looks better than the prior models who made the real nice clothes look like crap.

12. Xancatrius

Xancatrius Well-Known Member

I'm sorry if this question is silly, but has there ever been a DNA jeans in linen?

13. Gruntle

Gruntle Well-Known Member

My. Taylored j pants just arrived. Pics soon.

14. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Well-Known Member

yes, for SS

15. Dorje

Dorje Well-Known Member

zamb, this really sucks but it's been almost 45 days and I have not seen the item I purchased from you after asking repeatedly so you left me with no choice but to file a paypal claim.

And since you are not communicating with me anymore about the pants, lets just cancel that too, I also filed a PP claim on the deposit I left.

Please just return my money so this doesn't have to go any further.

I really like your designs, maybe more than anyone else right now, so this is difficult and I am beyond disappointed, but the truth is you can't treat people the way you have treated me and expect to remain in business. I hope this is a wake up call for you.... your business ethics leave a lot to be desired and you need to find someone to help you. You probably should not be involved with dealing with people, instead you should just concentrate on design and production because this was one of the worst experiences I have ever had.

And if you want to fight me on this or tell me I'm wrong I will post up our entire email correspondence and people can judge for themselves.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  16. qcqc

qcqc Well-Known Member

Similar thing happened to me this year. He sen't me the pants with a hole and there was a sticker saying 'has a hole' lol. I exchanged it with no refund on the shipping costs and ended up being taxed. He said that he would 'compensate me' but, as expected, never heard of him after that episode...

Anyway, the worst thing is that during the period I waited for the new pants, he constantly ignored me. I sent like 10 e-mails and got no response. Finally, after a month he told me that the pants were already on their way, which wasn't true because I checked the date on the package.

I feel the same Dorje. I like the design but I'm never gonna buy anything from him again. Also, I don't recommend it to anyone either. Worst costumer experience ever.

17. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Well-Known Member

Zam has stated in previous messages (probably in SZ and not here) that you might have better luck if you send your emails about purchases to tracking@zambarrett.com, as that goes to someone else which takes care of any problems or inquiries regarding an order.

I don't have any complaints so far. My only purchase is a pair of DNA pants, I placed the order a couple of days before Black Friday and a few days later I sent an email to tracking@zambarrett.com asking for a tracking code and I got a reply a couple of days after that. I haven't received them yet because they seem to be stuck at customs office, they were sent on the 10th.

I previously had sent an email asking about measurements and Zam replied very fast.

So as I say I don't have any complaints as a customer so far but it's true that every now and then I can see posts like the ones above. As with most companies, you usually only hear about bad experiences while happy customers remain silent, though...

18. Zamb

Zamb Well-Known Member

I am not going to spent too much time addressing this publicly as we usually resolve any issues with our clients in a private manner
    anyone who has an issue with this company or my work, especially if you are based in the US, and you have a concern about correspondence, can feel fee to call the company directly to address these issues. its not like we are some esoteric organization for which there is no contact.

and yes @MickeyPunch , Kymoya our customer service person and shipping manager, is here five days a week and was hired specifically to deal with issues like these and does a better job of it than i do
    @Dorje 's case is a specific issue which needs my attention and is really more of miscommunication than bad customer service. I wish he would tell of his good experiences he has had before so that there is a balance of views, like for example, that in the past we have shipped him items before he even paid, which was an act of trust on our part and if we were scammers we would never do that. He ordered a custom item from us,and we have been discussing the details. yes there was delay of communication on my part but I sent him an email on Friday, to which I did not receive a response, as he may not have received it. I sent him another today after seeing he was upset, so lets see how this goes from here with this transaction as the project was on hold simply because we are waiting on him to decide or at least we thought he had receive the email with the decisions to be made. its not a matter of stock items that is usually shipped in a few days after purchase but details concerning a custom order.

@qcqc

Nothing of the sort happened to you. you received a pants that had a defect and we replaced it for you with a pants that was perfect and of a higher value than the price you paid for the first one you received and do you realize that it is never a good thing to talk about legitimate fees that are a requirement for overseas customs?
    whatever we do regarding that is done as a favor to our clients, a favor which we did for you............... after you received the item and communicated with us that you were charged we clearly showed you that someone forged the customs documents you received, I am not going to get into the details of what we discussed via email for the simple fact that its not to be discussed publicly, but did we not present you a screen shot of the custom form we filled out for your package to show that the value we wrote on your package was changed by someone in your country?
    how are we responsible for this and why should you receive a refund from us for customs charges by authorities in your country?

we are not a perfect company, but you can always guarantee we will do our best to make our customers happy and be treated with respect, that being said, sometimes people do have unreasonable expectations.................we are fair to all our clients, but we are also not going to be unfair to ourselves in the process

19. Dorje

Dorje Well-Known Member

There are some lies there Zam, you never shipped me anything before I paid and I only bought 2 items from you before. I did have an issue with no communication about shipping for one of the items which took 3 weeks to arrive.

For expediancy because I am very busy right now, here is my response on SZ

/\ The email you sent me Friday.

Look, I own a business and am busy working for my customers. I will post the entire email correspondence we have had since Nov 6th.

I suggest you do not dig a deeper hole for yourself in the meantime.

20. Zamb

Zamb Well-Known Member

my freind

as I said, my policy is to resolve issues privately and to ensure my customers are happy

and I have no need to tell lies, unless I am mistaking you with someone else, I stand by what i said about shipping

anyways, my concern is not about defending myself or trying to prove who is right,
    my concern is that you as a customer is not happy about something and what you are not happy about is easily resolved, so if you reply to my email and we can agree on something then i will proceed with what I privately proposed to you.............like you i do not like conflict and would rather put a favorable completion to this in which we can both be happy