• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
14578334011_b9921695b4_b.jpg

14395246727_9595dfaf6f_c.jpg

Hey StyleForum! how can I improve this fit? Should I button the shirt?

The shirt is Massimo Alba in 100% linen
T-shirt (u-neck) is Muji (cotton I think)
Jeans are Levi's (Needle cut)
Boots are Guidi in reverse horse, gray

Thanks! :lookaround:

Last edited:

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

very cool challenge, would love to see an SW&D version.

So would I, but without the "must wear a jacket with lapels" part, which is just restrictive.

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Finally out of hospital pjs and able to wear my own clothes:)

TMLewin blue pinstripe shirt and silver cufflinks

Pure Blue Japan purple face jeans

Spent most of yesterday in pjs so today wearing same outfit

See "show us your closet" for my updated collection.:)

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gettoasty- Looks good. Jeans are maybe slightly loose in the thigh, but not too bad. Curved hem tee would prob look better, or button a few of the shirt buttons.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Caveat I can perhaps size down one but they are pretty comfortable as is. I havent washed these yet so will just shrink dry. Curved him tee are hard to find IMO and I'd like to buy in bulk...I've tried the open shirt look a few times now and I think it looks nicer with another jacket layered on top. If I wear it alone with a tee underneath I'll just button up. Thanks for your suggestions!

eluther

Reaction score
@gettoasty Those boots are amazing, but with that fit I think something lighter – tan, maybe – would work better. Something that contrasts more if you desaturate the photo. Alternatively, go with a darker shirt for the outer layer, i.e. more monochromatic.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks for the suggestion! i was aiming for more city than country if that makes any sense. good eye regarding the filter i.e. desaturate the photo. really helps visualize better how the colors look unbalanced when considering head-to-toe.

i don't have a dark shirt but will try a dark gray layered tank top instead next time.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
toasty, you need to go waaay deeper on that tee. Think rick`s v-necks, but more.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross-post from the How you roll EG thread. Shite lighting....

UxBjcUT.jpg

Spi1KCw.jpg

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i feel like this can be taken as a compliment or insult so i'm gonna take it as a compliment :cheers:

its a compliment

look into a military surplus one with the straps around the middle for shells >: ]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads