1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rennavate

rennavate Well-Known Member

Normally I'd agree with you all and say the pocketsquare is too poofy and ostentatious and et cetera, but I actually really like it with this outfit — even frilly and worn as it is in this picture. With the absense of a tie, it sort of takes the tie's place. I do think that if it was worn more subtly this outfit could be a classic for me.

2. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Well-Known Member

I'd drag my dick through a field of glass just to hear you fart through a phone

LOL OMG

3. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

4. jwied82

jwied82 Well-Known Member

denim suit? yikes . . . .

you make me laugh... but im laughing at you not with you.

you can't be serious...

i expected someone wouldnt care for the jeans and jeans jacket together. When i saw that, i though about defending it myself, but figured someone else would eventually.
    I know the denim suit look can be bad, but i think i know how to do it right. Anyway, i felt good in it and i know it suits me... and i think it helps that the jacket fits me almost perfectly.

looking good. consistently solid fits.

Thanks.

Canadian Tuxedo!

Thats my prefered term also! I went to see Wavves last night and i friend on mine i saw there said "i like the Canadian tuxedo" or something like that. I could tell he was being serious, but at the same time when you say canadian tuxedo it kinda sounds like an insult or a joke, so he quickly told me he really did like it.

5. samblackbones

samblackbones Well-Known Member

Wavves are fucking prime saw them a few weeks ago. Fuck me for hating on the fit! You get 10 bonus points.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    (broken foot + crutch + pit = one good time and one ruined OC shirt)

6. MS007

MS007 Well-Known Member

@nobunny: I am surprised that SF did not tear you apart for not dressing your age[/I.] Especially since your case is much more severe than that of abc123whatever. In order to make such a formal suit look good you need a certain level of maturity(not age) Thats one reason even guys in their thirties can't wear them and rely only on streetwear.
    What I try to say is that your face and body say: "My parents put me into this suit today." (No offense)
    You could -Wait 10 years and try again.
    -Grow a beard/Cut your hair.
    - Eat and workout.

@ thekunk: Although your body type would not be the first which comes to mind if you'd read me a list of your clothes, you really pull them off. I can imagine that a lot of work and energy went into this fit.

@ synth: Not much to say. Fits good. I would experiment with dark (blue) laces. Would make the look less cartoonish. (<- improper word here. Replace with something less negative sounding. Hope you get what I mean.)

@samblackbones: Jeans fit looks off (Maybe because you pose funny). Buy a front pocket wallet.

@ aeglus: too much! Keeping the pocket square just flat would make all the difference.

-MS

7. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Wjk
    Aa
    Rick
    Dior
    Guidi

Posting from phone, dunno if this will be viewable

8. APK

APK Well-Known Member

Sumowax has a slight shine to its finish... not NEARLY as much as the classic wax that B&B makes (which is a great think IMO).

Sumotech is a matte finish (which is my ultimate preference).

Which is better for the type of hairstyle we've been going on about for pages (long on top/short on sides)? Also, what's the consistency of either one like compared to American Crew Fiber? I bought a container of that stuff and found it maddening to work with, since it'd just clump up in my hair before I could actually style it.

9. sh0ebox

sh0ebox Well-Known Member

I'd say it depends on preference... but for the Synthese/Aeglus style I think you could go either way. The slight shine of wax might look nice. I just don't like to use it in my hair all the time because it makes it look kinda greasy (not as bad with lighter colors of hair).

Consistency of sumotech is probably closer to American Crew Fiber than sumowax is... but even so I still think sumotech is a bit softer/more malleable. Sumowax is a little bit stickier/"goopier" than the former products since it's wax-based.

And when working with this stuff, it's best to really rub it in your hands before applying to your hair or else you're gonna have a lot of trouble.

10. il ciclista

il ciclista Well-Known Member

I use the tigi S factor "creamy molding wax" it works well on my hair (thick straight) if it's been textured and leaves a matte finish.

11. Kvc06

Kvc06 Well-Known Member

Thats my prefered term also! I went to see Wavves last night and i friend on mine i saw there said "i like the Canadian tuxedo" or something like that. I could tell he was being serious, but at the same time when you say canadian tuxedo it kinda sounds like an insult or a joke, so he quickly told me he really did like it.

I WENT 2 SEE WAVVES LAST NIGHT 2

12. aeglus

aeglus Well-Known Member

hey at least shellshock knows my outrageous flower ps is awesome [​IMG] (normally I wouldn't let that stuff shoot out like that but thought hey it looks like a flower and just rolled with it cause that's how I am) nn dude you've got too many fucking leathers, donate one to me when you come. also i'm getting a friend from the brazillian foreign services or whatever coming too so we can have a diplomats meeting

13. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

Sumowax has a slight shine to its finish... not NEARLY as much as the classic wax that B&B makes (which is a great think IMO).

Sumotech is a matte finish (which is my ultimate preference).

B&B products work great, but are a bit on the expensive side and harder for me to find where I am. I had been looking for a cheaper alternative (and one that's easier to acquire for me) for a while and so far the best I've come up with is Bed Head for men's B matte separation workable wax:

[​IMG]

So far this stuff has been working great for me. The hold is pretty strong (good for me because my hair is thick and straight... doesn't give much) and it has a matte finish just like sumotech. Worth checking out if you're looking to try some new product.

gatsby is the only wax that matters

14. nicelynice

nn dude you've got too many fucking leathers, donate one to me when you come. also i'm getting a friend from the brazillian foreign services or whatever coming too so we can have a diplomats meeting

trading my rick mid-neck intarsia for that wjk one ... one leather in, one leather out. I have three, I think you might have more than me!!

15. asobu

asobu Well-Known Member

lookin mighty good, nicelynice, though it's gotta be hot as hell to wear that in tokyo now. but to suffer for fashion is ok when it looks that great. post more often

16. JoelF

JoelF Well-Known Member

i expected someone wouldnt care for the jeans and jeans jacket together. When i saw that, i though about defending it myself, but figured someone else would eventually.
    I know the denim suit look can be bad, but i think i know how to do it right. Anyway, i felt good in it and i know it suits me... and i think it helps that the jacket fits me almost perfectly.

mmm we think pretty well of ourselves don't we? [​IMG]

17. aeglus

aeglus Well-Known Member

gatsby is the only wax that matters
    shiseido uno would like to have a word
    trading my rick mid-neck intarsia for that wjk one ... one leather in, one leather out. I have three, I think you might have more than me!!

nope, I'm at 3 too and though I'm going through the process of getting a new toj dr, I'm having to justify it and it's getting sorta hard to do that [​IMG]

18. nicelynice

lookin mighty good, nicelynice, though it's gotta be hot as hell to wear that in tokyo now. but to suffer for fashion is ok when it looks that great. post more often
    thanks, near sendai actually. Typhoon came along yesterday and lowered the temps by about 3-5 degrees all around, was actually chilly tonight!! havent been posting much because im literally wearing shorts + tank-tops + thongs every day and nobody wants to see that

19. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

shiseido uno would like to have a word

actually heard this is quite good, no clue where to buy it though. gatsby is easy to find

20. stinger70

stinger70 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Next (uk) W + H Nudie clarks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.