1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

I just cannot get on board with the notion of taking pictures of self in public. Though PG seems to manage on a regular basis.

2. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

I just cannot get on board with the notion of taking pictures of self in public. Though PG seems to manage on a regular basis.

his harem takes those pictures for him

3. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Well-Known Member

Easier said than done. On the way to work in the morning I should bring out my tripod and set it up in the park across the street from my apartment building and take pics of myself? Aside from the time it'd take, having to lug around said tripod and the fact that that would look damned weird, I would do just that.

I dunno, do you have a window ledge in your apt? Just use that. I don't have a tripod, I put the camera on a set of stairs and stand at the bottom of them, I think my pics turn out okay. The other pics from when I first started posting (again) on here I would just put the camera on a window ledge on top of a couple books or something like that for height.

4. Nil

Nil Well-Known Member

I use my fence for the tripod on my shitty Droid camera. I used to use it for my Canon but that has long since been destroyed in a drunken accident.

5. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Since Teger outed me, here's today's transparent attempt to elicit a circle jerk. It probably won't work since it's a mirror shot and my hair isn't great (which we can now discuss for 3 pages) but at least it's head to toe McQueen, pretty nice eh? Hopefully you'll all bow before my internet credibility and validate my sartorial choices which I now confess is the only reason I post here. I apologize for not working more status-brands into this but my all my MMM ties and lanvin cummerbunds are being cleaned.

I lied, shirt's actually TB not McQueen. Been hemming some of my suits a little longer lately.

this looks great. and PG's check suit is epic, but that's obvious

6. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Well-Known Member

Planning on buying an actual digicam soon and once I convert my second bedroom to a walk-in closet I will likely just set it up on a tripod in there permanently
    link for your upcoming pay-for cam show? [​IMG]

7. max_r

max_r Well-Known Member

i've got a little 6" tall mini-tripod that i can put on shelves and whatnot, super convenient.

8. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

Photography is so key in WAYWTs... I know my pics haven't been spectacular but I definitely have some ideas. Just need more WAYWT worthy outfits and a willing+able photographer

9. Sancho Panzo Christ

Sancho Panzo Christ Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    hugo boss, epaulet, paul smith

do you get wrinkles on these trousers when sitting down?

10. DLester

DLester Well-Known Member

I use my fence for the tripod on my shitty Droid camera. I used to use it for my Canon but that has long since been destroyed in a drunken accident.

I put the camera on the recycling bin outside and stand at a place in the yard where hopefully no one is going to see. I would have a hard time explaining what was up if someone asked.

11. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

Since Teger outed me, here's today's transparent attempt to elicit a circle jerk. It probably won't work since it's a mirror shot and my hair isn't great (which we can now discuss for 3 pages) but at least it's head to toe McQueen, pretty nice eh? Hopefully you'll all bow before my internet credibility and validate my sartorial choices which I now confess is the only reason I post here. I apologize for not working more status-brands into this but my all my MMM ties and lanvin cummerbunds are being cleaned. I lied, shirt's actually TB not McQueen. Been hemming some of my suits a little longer lately.
    What's with that collar? Looks almost cutback-ish ... Oh never mind, not a McQueen shirt
    And I think that if you take the time, effort and money involved in posting fits like these, you should at least put in the effort to buy a $100 digital camera to take pictures of them. Non?
    Nice fit pic.
    his iphone would take pictures fine, he just needs better light than what must be in that hall way. I like the suit, but I think the pink shirt makes it seem very miami vice. I think if you had a patterned shirt, or a different color you wouldn't be channeling Don Johnson.
    If he wore the McQueen shirt, panties would be tied in bunches across teh SW&D (though it would be true head-to-toe McQueen [​IMG])
    It's weird for me too, as is asking others to take a picture of me so I can post it on the interwebs

12. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

What's with that collar? Looks almost cutback-ish ... Oh never mind, not a McQueen shirt
    It's an OCBD. I have worn this as head to toe McQueen complete with hummingbird tie. Might have a pic somewhere.

13. ppllzz

ppllzz Well-Known Member

i wear head to toe RL all the time. basically a plaid shirt and khaki shorts. now thats a high fashion designer

14. mattt

mattt Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Is that a big loose thread hanging off the shirt, or am i seeing things

15. samsterdam

samsterdam Well-Known Member

I think it's a headphones cord.

16. Seafinch

Seafinch Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

W+H
    Samurai
    Yuketen

17. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

W+H
    Samurai
    Yuketen

Yes, but what's the beer? North Coast Acme IPA?

18. Seafinch

Seafinch Well-Known Member

4+ Wyld IPA (Local Utah Beer)

19. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I look huge in the photo, its in a different venue and taken at a low angle so it exaggerated the silouette.

Tshirt: Topman
    Jeans: Raf simons black waxed
    Shoes: Aquascutum

20. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

4+ Wyld IPA (Local Utah Beer)

I had some fantastic beer last time I was in Utah. I like the Devastator Dopplebock. Don't think I've tried anything by 4+ (mostly Squatters, Wasatch, and Uinta). Kinda rough that nothing on draft is over 4% ABV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.