• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

puddin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
^ ahahhahahahah

I'm just saying, the functional argument people are trying to make about boat shoes and sweaters does not apply.

well there's nothing innately functional about boat shoes in the city in the first place, so why get hung up over sweaters...

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Barims reminds me of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (circa Game of Death)
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
You guys are funny Just a regular poster I am - I eat toast + butter + jam & drink cawfee Now get of my LAWN!
Was expecting caviar to be next to that bread
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
The pockets on this are terrible
Originally Posted by JD_May
006as.jpg
Yigal Azrouel / KZO / Nice Collective

I approve. Those NiCo boots are so badass, bit too bulky for me though (assuming the denim is new from the way it falls, might need a bit of a hem)
Originally Posted by bma
what's the secret to tucking shirts in so that when you bend over extra material doesn't come out the back?
Button under the crotch (0)

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
Also, this may be harder for you since you are muscular that the shirts have to hug your body in that way to be slim, not sure.

Basically for guys that have a chest, if you let the shirt drape down it looks like you have a gut. Has to have a taper. And if you're tucking it into jeans, has to taper more. You dudes with small chests are lucky since you can just let it drape and it doesn't look like you've got a belly.
Originally Posted by Gutman
They do, but only with shorts.

Well played.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
^^ yeah, gotta have the waist tapered down like crazy close. Had to get my latest batch of shirts refitted like 4 times. (4th cause you people were bitching about the sleeves)

p.s. by "you people" I mean style-forumers, not black people.

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
-- thx, where have you been lately... its been like 8 months since oyu've posted anything?

its been quite a semester... graduating on saturday
bigstar[1].gif

also, been meaning to ask jd may why did you ever have a beard? >_>

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
^^he was just holding onto it until Barims needed it

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Smahatma
It's a skinny Rick Ross.

I've an acquaintance over here who looks almost exactly like him

And yes, his name is "You Tubby Ass, Yam and Stew-Hoarding, Rick Ro$$-Looking Motherfucker"

Originally Posted by db_ggmm
I missed the bearded love bus, but here's another - looks good. It balances your head as you seem to wear your hair long. You can trim a beard without making a beard look trim, of course.

My thoughts exactly, thanks. I'll try and get a trim before a new photograph is posted

Originally Posted by dibadiba
barims looks like something straight out of a drug-lord movie. too awesome for words

Blow was on repeat here for a month - it made me sort of covetous

Thank you. How's the cordwainer course coming on?

Originally Posted by JD_May
006as.jpg

Yigal Azrouel / KZO / Nice Collective

The jacket is quite the find; I've not seen a finer designer leather zip up in some time. I'll have to research Azrouel

Originally Posted by robbie
-- We have had several matte,d and framed. as far as teaching, I am hoping to do a lot more with that now that its summer. thanks for the encouraging words.

Excellent. You're welcome

Originally Posted by LabelKing
dinnerclothes.jpg

I'm going to guess: Mister Mort shot this and it's not your kitchen

Originally Posted by reprehensible
Whoa. Let me join the chorus of saying: that looks great. Not just the beard; the whole thing looks good.

But the beard actually suits your face really well.

Most kind

Originally Posted by Teger
barims looks like a 70's dictator. pretty cool.

Thank you. My recent blog article on dictator chic features an acknowledgment to SF, in fact

I wish it was still a thriving aesthetic here in Ghana

Originally Posted by bma
what's the secret to tucking shirts in so that when you bend over extra material doesn't come out the back?

Ass buttons. Everything fits better with ass buttons

Originally Posted by KitAkira
Barims reminds me of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (circa Game of Death)

Originally Posted by Eason
p.s. by "you people" I mean style-forumers, not black people.

tumblr_kzijllqRkN1qzry10o1_500.jpg

You next, suckah

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^not feelin' the shirt-tucked in. very feelin' the motorcycle

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
are we posting lifestyle pics??

2ni3b4j.jpg

OMG...

Are you originally from Seattle and do you have a brother by the name of Josh ?

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Eason looks good in his fits. Should compare the super slim with regular slim and see which one looks better.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I'm tellin' yall, if you tuck your shirts and you have a chest and drop, they need to be super tapered or they'll just look gross as hell with fabric muffin-topping out and puffing like a puffin

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pat
i totally get what you are saying about boat shoes with a sweater. boat shoes are for warm weather and sweater are for cold. be that as it may, i like the look, and will continue to do it from time to time.
Not true, my guess is hardcore sailors always wear a sweater or heavier top layer with boat shoes. Have you ever been out in the Ocean sailing? even in summer a good breeze will crack the nipples off your chest! In addition your shoes and sweater compliment each other just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads