• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know what : I thought of going 100% earthy tones with the brown suede boots, and then thought I wanted a different vibe so I went with the CP derbies. I can see that it would seem "incongruous" as we are used to seeing derbies with clean trousers and a more Jil/Raf/Ervell aesthetic but I enjoyed making that slightly off choice today. The beige sole also worked well with the color of the Dries IRL.

Brown boots would have been a good choice of course.

reedo - I'm not sure which outfit you're referring to given the mention of boots. I am almost 40 so I go for a slightly more relaxed jeans fit than often seen here. Still APC NS and KMW Rocker type of jeans but nothing more skinny or tapered for me.

Last edited:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oops were those not boots? I guess I didn't look as closely at them as I should have...Also drinking mai tais right now, so you should prolly just ignore my posts fwiw

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
reedo makin no sense, g that **** is dope

hyogen

Reaction score

Present-Jacket to myself!

Nigel Cabourn
Post Overalls
MHL
Sunny Sports
Monitaly
Yuketen

http://beardbeanie.com

2.jpg

Last edited:

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Superhero MMM sweater
Ann D and Buttero (mostly likely, not sure) - No Viz

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pants are Lumen et Umbra

And perhaps expert GDL can help with this or jet / MoK, but if I take in the waist and fix the rise, will it cure the affected area around my crotch? :embar:

Really why I posted because it's an eyesore to me.

I would not wear the Ervell bomber as its too short in the body IMO for such full pants that make my legs look like tree trunks. The second fit was to see if I sagged the pants a bit will it help with the rise. The rise of the trousers is not low by any means, perhaps mid-rise. I think the waist just fits a tad big hence the extra fabric around the seat. I also need Yohji jacket instead of the +J I am wearing.

Last edited:

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

Superhero MMM sweater

NICE SWEATER, PICARD (5)

Last edited:

Jabonator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bottom's the same 90% of the time October-March. Guess that's contentedness.

Last edited:

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you considered a role in the Bourne(C) films?

Yes. I trained hard to get it but all they had for me was a weak villain role. The French accent, they said.

Funny, because you look exactly like a villain whose climactic pummelling would cause everyone to applaud.

Superhero MMM sweater

NICE SWEATER, PICARD (5)

Nil, that sweater is absurdly good.

Bottom's the same 90% of the time October-March. Guess that's contentedness.

Is the mountie-pants silhouette going on here a function of the lens and angle, or are the jeans actually cut that way?

Last edited:

Jabonator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Silhouette is slightly due to the angle, but mostly because of my swollen wallet. Jeans are Nudie Thin Finns. I'm also somewhat pear-shaped. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads