1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

Taylor Stitch did a natural fabric jean this summer. Very similar. Mostly sold out, unless you're a 34, but I imagine they will do it again next spring/summer.

http://taylorstitch.com/collections/last-call-mens/products/cone-natural-selvage-jean

1 person likes this.
  2. kgfan5

kgfan5 Well-Known Member

dat timepiece. good stuff stitches :slayer:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
    56 people like this.
  3. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Well-Known Member

this is sweet. how did you size the SEH kelly jacket? their size charts suggest I should size up one, but I wasn't sure how accurate they were

4. Syeknom

Syeknom Well-Known Member

Thanks! I shot Paul a dozen emails agonising about it but went with a small and it fits perfectly. This model is quite a snug fit but some of their pieces can be more relaxed - not sure I'd size up from my normal size unless planning to layer. Get in touch with them if you need help, Paul is crazy patient and helpful.

5. Benjaminba

Benjaminba Well-Known Member

Which ones did you get? are they in a heavy moleskin also? The Howell ones aren't made in XS apparently, which is what I'd need :/ Also, I'd probably have to taper them, which maybe is a bit of a shame to have done with such nice trousers.

6. Dorje

Dorje Well-Known Member

I have a pair of LMC Tack selvage jeans in au natural. Paid $60 on ebay.

Oh, wassup SF? ...been very busy starting a new business and with relationship stuff this summer so I've cut my participation in forums down quite a bit. I know some of you guys are not happy to see a post from me but oh well, that's life... [​IMG]

7. bows1

bows1 Well-Known Member

Gotta say KG, those shoes aren't doing it for me. Rest is good

3 people like this.
  8. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

stitches... I'd first make sure you like the cut/fit before going the made-to-order / no returns route. there are tons of diff jeans fits out there. fwiw, i think imogene + willie make a pair of undyed denimz.

9. Kaplan

Kaplan Well-Known Member

This is really good.

10. Baron

Baron Well-Known Member

I might be totally full of shit actually. Wikipedia seems to agree with you. I'm not sure how I'd distinguish my own moleskin pants from velvet ones. I suppose some moleskin has a shorter nap.

11. Golf54

Golf54 Well-Known Member

KGfan, details? I really like the fit fwiw

12. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

thanks, man. sadly, i haven't been a size 34 waist since i was probably 14.

that is a good point. i did not realize gustin was no returns. i will have a look at imogene + willie tonight!

--

Dorje - i dont think i want pre-loved jeans right now, but i very much like the cut of my LMC chinos, ill look around for their jeans offering too. thanks!

thanks, K. much appreciated.

and thank you kg as well. superb fit on you, per usual.

13. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Well-Known Member

stitches, Gustin tends to cycle through their offerings pretty regularly, so if you keep an eye on https://www.weargustin.com/store they'll probably pop up again within a month or so (but as Parker said, the lack of returns can be a drag).

14. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

really? I didn't know that! :)

I don't think the "so uncool it's cool" comes back around full circle on this at all. The Rafs are of that fugly running shoe iteration, and the rest reminds of something Jerry Seinfeld would wear. I know that sounds harsh but anytime I see "average fit" button down/sweatshirt, with not particularly flattering jeans and running shoes it just reminds me of Seinfeld's pretty much everyday outfit. so yeah I don't get it either Rockket

yeah kg.. details bro!

15. noob in 89

noob in 89 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not against designer sneakers or anything, but I'm just not seeing any 'twists' on those Rafs that go beyond what you'd find on comparable ugly black shoes from discount brands. Together with the plain jeans and the plain sweatshirt, you can't help but think that if there's any humor, it's at the expense of the consumer.

2 people like this.
  16. sipang

sipang Well-Known Member

Raf Adidas > MMM hi

7 people like this.
  17. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

thanks!

as a matter of fact, gustin was kind enough to PM me, he saw my post in the thread where the jeans were posted. i gave my measurements and rec'd a size. he said he would try and remember to PM me when they go for another run.

they have a chocolate brown pair they are sourcing now that i may jump in on, but like parker said, i should probs try other things first to get cut ideas.

18. noob in 89

noob in 89 Well-Known Member

Disagree! The highs may be ridiculous, but ridiculous in a way you can't find on other shoes (believe me, I looked). You can't say the same about the Rafs, unpleasantries bundled in the very way you chose to refer to them, as Adidases!

:fence:

19. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Well-Known Member

Raf has made some interesting variations on derbies the last 4-6 seasons but his sneakers have left a whole lot to be desired for a long time.

I don't honestly know whether there was an actual Raf x Adidas collab followed by straight solo Rafs that just looked the same or what exactly it was that unfolded, but in blunt terms all of them are pretty heinous and retro-future-cheapskate-looking. Just doesn't compare to MMM highs, sorry sip I usually agree with you. Unless you mean the new ugly high-tops.

And after editing this repeatedly for clarity I realize I don't even know how the topic came up so I've no idea what shoes are specifically being referenced. :embar: But I don't really like any of raf's sneakers since the 'rafdidas' era began.

1 person likes this.
  20. el Bert

el Bert Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New boots came in, thanks Candrew, been warm recently in the bay

SS
    Uniqlo
    Guidi

37 people like this.