• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedepr

Reaction score
thanks guys i was having a few second thoughts but i think i'm gonna keep it. it's gonna be great for the upcoming fall/winter months in chicago.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

snow, who makes the j-pants?

Its a little side project I'm working on with ivwri. (hope he makes himself a pair!)
It's the same cut as my Adeline basely (stat-ment) pants

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

not sure if i want to keep the ndg cardi any opinions?

Cardi looks super comfortable and I like that flecked look

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got this stuff from CS, no shoes because I havent really built a wardrobe fully for it

Feedback would be great, esp on what sort of footwear. I was thinking some suede laced shoes, rounded rather than pointy sort of worn.

Also the undershirt, I just didnt bother to take it off, would not wear it normally because I dont like that you can see it, but Im afraid it might just be a little to much nip action without it. Any ideas on that fron would be great!:happy:

Last edited:

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got this stuff from CS, no shoes because I havent really built a wardrobe fully for it

Feedback would be great, esp on what sort of footwear. I was thinking some suede laced shoes, rounded rather than pointy sort of worn.
Also the undershirt, I just didnt bother to take it off, would not wear it normally because I dont like that you can see it, but Im afraid it might just be a little to much nip action without it. Any ideas on that fron would be great!
happy.gif

i can see this being complete with some yohji bluchers

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It has that yohji vibe and it looks comfortable. What is CS?

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
coming soon

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not diggin' the visible undershirt; and I'm not sure I can go along with the club-collar buttoned all the way up—but it seems like this improves your silhouette a lot more. Get a pair of derbies for your feets.

l1mab3an

Reaction score
Was hoping this could be my go to bar wear in the fall/winter but thinking that the bomber might not pair well with sleek jeans + boots. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also the undershirt, I just didnt bother to take it off, would not wear it normally because I dont like that you can see it, but Im afraid it might just be a little to much nip action without it. Any ideas on that fron would be great!:happy:

Swap the white undershirt for a light gray one. It might show up less than the white one. Also, you should probably tuck your shirt into your pants, since your pants are giving you the same problem, in that you can see them through the shirt.

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was hoping this could be my go to bar wear in the fall/winter but thinking that the bomber might not pair well with sleek jeans + boots. Thoughts?

looks pretty standard to me. from looking at your stance, maybe you just need to take a piss, but other than that, everything looks ok

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks really good Ben.
Any non-formal derbies would look great. I'm sure you're already taking pointers from ivwri on the yohji front, right?
Marsell, Andrew Mcdonald, yohji are some good derby options. Anything chunky really.
But yeah, :slayer: for you :)

Edit: is it all coming soon? What pant model?

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice and feedback snow!

Yeah , I am really loving this direction, it looks and feels great to wear!

Pants are v-ave shoe repair. Don't have the $$ for mainline Y (also I didnt want to go in on that till I had a chance to test drive haha)

I've been following ivwri's thread for quite some time. Amazing stuff. I'd like to add some mainline and some damir doma one day.

Last edited:

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

went to school wearing my cropped kva linen pants but was forced to put my j pants on after showing the class :D
was surprised by how casual they can look; i usually pair them with boots and a button up..
someones iphone pic

some people were blown away by the concept of having pants in a J-shape
others wanted a pair but wouldnt kop at the price i paid (production cost)
made me think of the bubble we are in..and i love it :slayer:
st.james
j pants
mmm-paint-og-status-snake-why-u-sell

snow, maybe this is a weird question, but have you noticed a change in your personality as your style has also improved? i remember in your early fit pics when you get ragged on a lot you always look very awkward. lately tho you just seem to be so comfortable and you've always got such a happy goofy smile on, it's awesome.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Smile´s not goofy, it´s marvelous
shog[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads