1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

This is god's work. If you don't have the stomach for it, you better be thankful that braver souls and cooler heads are working day and night to preserve your freedom. And your future.

7 people like this.
  2. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

that fit is awesome. dude has style.

what in the fucking hell. that is mind boggling.

1. where the hell did they come from in such numbers.

2. how the fuck are they going to get rid of them

3. do they attack humans too. i assume yes, and if so, can a person be saved once he has them?

g - yes, i do feel better. glad that it is possible to remove them. thanks for finding the pics.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  3. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Well-Known Member

meet bows1 outside uniqlo

[​IMG]

24 people like this.
  4. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Well-Known Member

and here I thought WASPs were the insect scourge of Connecticut

28 people like this.
  5. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Well-Known Member

In summer my dogs get a lot of ticks on them. It´s horrible. Fortunately applying a pippete in the back of their necks makes most of them fall off. I thought having to see them with a bunch of ticks on their ears was bad, but after reading what synth wrote, I´m never complaining about ticks again.

ps: grossest day on SF.

2 people like this.
  6. Renalan

Renalan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12 people like this.
  7. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

yes, I have a photo. but im afraid it will just encourage the grossness of today's waywn theme.

8. in stitches

:( c'mon, man. poast it!

You don't want to come over and experience cicada fest 2013?

3 people like this.
  10. in stitches

we get them every 17 years. so gross. also really loud and annoying.

11. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Well-Known Member

bows looks like the terminator in that uniqlo shot

1 person likes this.
  12. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

[​IMG]

The first thing I tasted was bile. I blinked, confused by the sudden light in my eyes. Pip slowly
    blurred into focus.

"You puked on yourself, cap," he said with barely restrained glee. I closed my eyes and groaned. I felt like an airship had been dropped on me. I hurt everywhere. Sore, sore, sore.

But warm.

My eyes snapped open and I lurched up, scrabbling at my shirt and trousers. There was a white mark on my hip, about the size of a quarter. Nothing else. I sighed, and lowered myself back down.

"Thank the Fallen," I mumbled, "it's gone."

"What's gone, Cap?" Pip said. I turned one eye to look at him. His right ankle was all wrapped up. Doc musta been down while I was out.

"I coulda sworn something was burrowing its way inside of me back on that freighter," I said.

"Oh," Pip said, "Doc said something about a burn on your hip."

"Yeah," I said, shivering, remembering the feeling of the cold...whatever it had been. "Musta been
    some kind of refrigerant on board. Broke open when the Corthians opened up on us, I imagine."

"Well," Pip said, "It's nice to see you awake."

Pip's sweet like that. Of course, you save a man's life he's bound to think a little more highly of
    you. Especially if that man's a sixteen year-old kid.

The door to the infirmary swung open and Meredith barrelled through, red hair flying everywhere. I
    shot up again, wincing at the pain in my hip.

"Finally," she raged, "you're awake. Hell of a time to take a nap."

I opened my mouth to reply, but she talked over me.

"One of the gunships musta put out a distress call. The Hawk is showing that we've got three
    Corthian birds in pursuit. And get this: they have a Mara-class corvette that's tagging along.

I felt my blood run cold. Meredith, on the other hand, looked almost overjoyed. I have long
    maintained that she's insane.

"How far out?" I asked, gasping as I swung my legs over the side of the infirmary bed.

"Eleven kliks," she said, crossing her arms in front of her chest and standing in front of me.

"Orders?"

"We don't have near enough firepower to take on a Mara, I said, getting slowly to my feet. "Tell Vince and Jimmy it's time to go dark."

"They ain't gonna leave us be, Cap," Mer said, not moving.

"They sure as hell are if they think we ain't here," I said, gingerly making my way to the door.

"Come on. Where the hell are we, anyway? Pip, you stay here."

"About eighty kliks away from the mountain," said Mer, following me out into the cargo hold and towards the ladder that led to the main deck.

"And they tracked us here?"

"Looks like it. Still think we can hide?"

"When I said dark, I meant totally dark," I replied, turning to face her. Meredith paused.

"But Cap," she said, "we ain't...we ain't tried that before."

"Seems as good a time to try as any," I said, turning back to the ladder. I almost asked her if she'd rather take on what amounted to a Corthian raiding party, but I stopped myself. It would have been the wrong question.

"Where the hell is Doc?" I said, swinging my left leg up onto the ladder and immediately regretting it. "I need to talk to him."

"In the forward cabin," Mer said. "Waitin' on you, most like."

I took a minute to collect myself before I wrenched and lurched my way up the ladder. As soon as I
    poked my head through the floor, Jimmy yelled at me from the cockpit.

"Cap, we got a problem!"

"What now?" I said, pulling myself to my feet. Meredith hopped up behind me, spry as a cat.

"Uh, well, we got more'n one problem," Jimmy answered. "Now it's more like...eight."

I hobbled inside and saw Jimmy seated at the navvy's chair. Sure enough, our long-distance scanners were wailing at us, and showed that the initial group of Corthians had effectively been doubled. And now they had another corvette with them.

Jimmy looked worried. "Whatta we do, Cap?" he said. Jimmy's great on the ground, but he don't do so when he's up in the air. Some footsoldiers never get used to the heights."

"Watch and wait," I said, looking at the map that was underlayed beneath the scan. "Where are they going?"

Sure enough, we watched as all eight airships changed bearing and slowly moved east. Nobody made a sound for a good five minutes, until they kicked in their cruising engines and were gone.

I exhaled slowly. Mer sniffed. Vincent looked unperturbed.

"Well," I said, standing up straight. "Ain't that a relief."

"Now what, Cap?" asked Mer, arms crossed over her chest again like she was about to scold me.

"First, I find Doc. Then we'll make for the rendezvous point, and we can get rid of whatever the hell it is we grabbed."

"Uh, Cap," Meredith said, looking at me closely, "we didn't grab anything."

I stared at her blankly for a few seconds. She held up a black bag.

"There's nothin' in here, Cap. Sack's empty." She most definitely did not look pleased.

All of a sudden a searing pain shot up from my hip. I gasped, and dropped to one knee.

"Cap?" Meredith asked, confused.

A horrifically familiar feeling of burning cold spread through me. I groaned and leaned forward on my right hand, left still clutching my side.

"Cap?" Meredith asked again, stooping towards me, concerned again. "Fuck it all. Jimmy, get Doc. We're gonna need him."

My teeth were chattering, and I could feel my whole body shaking.

"Stay with me, Cap," Meredith said. "Look at me. Just look at me."

"Shit," I said, and passed out again.

Read Parts 1 and 2

51 people like this.
  13. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

I'd love to visit NY sometime in my life, and I'd be happy to meet bows1 and unzip that jacket for him

9 people like this.
  14. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

gettoasty's sexual predator mode: on.

21 people like this.
  15. bows1

bows1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

86 people like this.
  16. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  17. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

can someone shop this photo with gettoasty's head in front of uniqlo please with the tagline:

i want to unzip that jacket for you, bows....

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. in stitches

cool fit, synth, but great story. went and read the other parts too. very intriguing and i look forward to reading the next installments.

also, checked out that harajuju site, interesting set up with the discussion beneath the fits. saw some familiar SF faces there too. reminds me i never checked out that other site. stylepoltergeist or something? what was it again?

2 people like this.
  19. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

20. L.R.

L.R. Well-Known Member

Very nice. Who are those pants by?

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.