• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score

Guys, I have made my hair ridiculously large by using artificial products and teasing it for extended periods of time, and altered the natural appearance of my face by applying makeup, and now look like a monster wearing human clothes. Clearly the clothes are the problem here.

i don't really think this is the same thing but it's very funny

to noobizor who said this is about "tolerance" -- it's not about tolerance, i don't have a problem with guys who want to be huge or whatever, but he is seriously really really huge. i am honestly not sure how clothes are going to fit this guy. you cannot really separate an outfit from how it suits somebody's body.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

it's not about tolerance, i don't have a problem with guys who want to be huge or whatever, but he is seriously really really huge. i am honestly not sure how clothes are going to fit this guy. you cannot really separate an outfit from how it suits somebody's body.

:laugh: I dunno, man, I'm not trying to be harsh, but this is like boilerplate intolerance. If you had to script it, this is how it would go. Next you'll be telling us about all your huge friends. :facepalm:

end body fascism!

Last edited:

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

to noobizor who said this is about "tolerance" -- it's not about tolerance, i don't have a problem with guys who want to be huge or whatever, but he is seriously really really huge. i am honestly not sure how clothes are going to fit this guy. you cannot really separate an outfit from how it suits somebody's body.

I don't know why, but this sentence (bolded) reads a lot funnier than it should.

Knucks, have you considered just living out the rest of your life on a nudist colony? Mo' clothes mo' problems man.

Last edited:

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We have skewed perceptions, but 190lbs at 5'7" isn't "really really huge"

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of hard-to-fit bodies, it suddenly occurred to me yesterday that I'd have no idea what to wear if I had to use a colostomy bag.

Perhaps Yohji?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

We have skewed perceptions, but 190lbs at 5'7" isn't "really really huge"

mmm... i think your perception is the one that's skewed here :\

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Speaking of hard-to-fit bodies, it suddenly occurred to me yesterday that I'd have no idea what to wear if I had to use a colostomy bag.
Perhaps Yohji?

Wait, this isn't exactly what drop crotch trousers are for?

Reaction score
mmm... i think your perception is the one that's skewed here :\
It's really not.... Perhaps by this forum's standards, but nowadays you can't justify calling anyone below 200lbs "really, really huge". Midgets exempt...

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
um...40 pounds above average is really, really huge. doesn't matter if that weight comes from fat or muscle.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't think it's intolerance to criticize somebody's body and how it relates to their clothes on a fashion forum. Intolerance is more than just an aesthetic judgement.

I swear you had a ***** at me for calling someone a manlet?

Disregard clothing, acquire aesthetics so you can look good in whatever clothes you wear.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

I swear you had a ***** at me for calling someone a manlet?
Disregard clothing, acquire aesthetics so you can look good in whatever clothes you wear.

Sup brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads