• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watching Blackhawks game right now, it's way too ******* late in the morning for me to be awake.

This is what I wore when it was light out—thought I'd bring back the shirt and glasses; kind of gave up on caring too much about hair until I get a haircut.

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tonight's Dinner:

Major Pig-out:

First course:

Florida Yellowtail snapper with amandine sauce with roasted potatoes, watercress-and-citrus fruit salad.

Second course:

Venison of unknown provenance, but cut like Bistecca fiorentina....and grilled...served with crushed over-ripe guava relish, and a reduction of caramelized shallots and half-a-bottle of a 2008 Cote du Rhone....

Third course:

Buckwheat pancakes (That's Blini, Mr Moo...Blini)...served with tinned caviar, sour cream, and dill.....

Fourth course:

2 fried eggs, Colombia style, with cumin...crushed aji peppers....garlic...and cilantro....

Eaten al fresco, in the glorious weather...the stomach is of finite capacity, unfortunately....

Should have paired with a pinotage.. the peppery notes would bring out the 'wild' in the venison more.

Miran2

Reaction score
Should have paired with a pinotage.. the peppery notes would bring out the 'wild' in the venison more.

Yes, indeed. Unfortunately it was a case of pair with whatever plonk you have on hand that **************** so get rid of it by reducing it down...forget matching terroirs, or coordinating the notes and the flavour of the food...
The venison wasn't gamey or wild tasting either...it was pretty bland, disappointing. Either very old meat that wasn't hung properly, or a very young deer...not that I'm an expert though, I haven't eaten a lot of it, but even I've had better...
The smoky smell when grilling was fantastic though...

Last edited:

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
probably farmed.. wild venison would have a different diet, resulting in a more gamey... That said.. carpaccio style venison would be ideal.

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know Fuuma has a really expensive wardrobe, but his fits make me rethink owning nice jeans/shirts/knits. Maybe I'll just ball out on grail outerwear and nice shoes and wear uniqlo everything else from now on.

i agree, except for the knits part.

only thing is that grail outwear and shoes will cost you at least a g.

Last edited:

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

Watching Blackhawks game right now, it's way too ******* late in the morning for me to be awake.

This is what I wore when it was light out—thought I'd bring back the shirt and glasses; kind of gave up on caring too much about hair until I get a haircut.

With slightly more worn/less shiny boots this would be almost perfect.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

Thanks, and yeah, that's the idea. There have been a few posts from other users in the TOJ thread showing their jacket progress, which you can see in the tOJ gallery here. What you see in my picture is already a huge difference in color from when it was new; it was kind of creepily bone-white. I'm hoping it ends up a really, really dark and oily brown at some point down the road. It's still pretty much armor, but hopefully if I pound on it for another year it'll be nice and broken-in. The only thing that worries me is getting rained on, since I don't actually have any idea what would happen.

Very nice. Should look amazing in a year or two with regular wear. As for water... it may leave stains since the leather appears to be untreated...

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great, Synthese. You know if that jacket will naturally patina?

Thanks, and yeah, that's the idea. There have been a few posts from other users in the TOJ thread showing their jacket progress, which you can see in the tOJ gallery here. What you see in my picture is already a huge difference in color from when it was new; it was kind of creepily bone-white. I'm hoping it ends up a really, really dark and oily brown at some point down the road. It's still pretty much armor, but hopefully if I pound on it for another year it'll be nice and broken-in. The only thing that worries me is getting rained on, since I don't actually have any idea what would happen.

I really like that bone-white color though. I wonder how much the new off white mirrors that.

Renalan

Reaction score

Travel fit, double UU, jacket is light brown and pants are grey but color came out super whack.

Last edited:

hipster

Reaction score
finally warm enough to rock my toj on the reg :)

udVOA.jpg

mom
toj
hope
uftd
thvm
nb

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Who the **** eats blini and caviar third after the fish and red meat? Troll fail, Miran.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
April weather... Summer shirt with winter cardigan. Curved spread collar for Fuuma.
8kWVO.jpg
n9H1A.jpg

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do not believe that particular pair of light blue denim is gonna work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics