1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

it is interesting you assume he isn't enjoying his life and won't be in the future. Also, 'early death' is relative. He is making his bed, let him lie in it. seriously people need to lay off and mind their own business, this is 'styleforum' not 'bullshit meathead garbage hate on everyone that doesn't fit into your prescribed mold'-forum.
    I'm not saying he isn't enjoying his life right now, he probably is. But in 10-15 years down the line, he probably won't be. Making his bed, lie can refer to fashion too, so let's just not comment on anybody's fits because we don't want hurt feelings ok?

2. CBrown85

CBrown85 Well-Known Member

If someone gains both the body and the looks from working out and eating well- and with it the dramatic reduction in stress, they usually look better in mediocre clothing. I'd rather look good in shitty clothes than look shitty in expensive ones.

3. APK

APK Well-Known Member

I like how caring about fitness/general health = meat head.

Viewpoints like that are one of the reasons you don't ever see any available motorized carts by the entrances at any Wal-Mart.

4. Rikkar501

Rikkar501 Well-Known Member

the guy doesn't want to go work out in a gym. oh, and your signature is the gayest fucking thing i've ever seen.

Glad you like it, bud[​IMG] The point is that saying it's too expensive to be fit is downright ridiculous and just plain wrong. Especially since it really costs $0 to be relatively fit as some have pointed out....

Oh and "meathead"? Count on SF to call someone fit a "meathead"....

Snake, looks like a great spot to burn some time! Looks good.

5. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I'm not saying he isn't enjoying his life right now, he probably is. But in 10-15 years down the line, he probably won't be. Making his bed, lie can refer to fashion too, so let's just not comment on anybody's fits because we don't want hurt feelings ok?

I get what you are saying with the 'hurt feelings' that remark was one I suppose I should have expected in response.

This is style forum (again, this forum is about clothes and how a person looks in their clothes I get it) , But if he instead laid the clothes on the floor and took pics like KitonBrioni none of this would have come about. No one would have noticed, and his fit would have received praise... I think the pieces go together. I think his fit is good. I think for a guy probably in his mid - late 30's he could probably do better, but everyone here could use improvement of some kind (visible, and invisible... some of us (me)aren't super sharp and/or can be real assholes.). We don't post here to be assessed on if we're muscular, tall,short,...

the dude could have a gland problem for all i Know.

telling someone they ought to lose weight is somewhat rude, regardless of how well intended it might be

if you are concerned shoot the guy a PM, spare him being the focal point of the thread.

I like how caring about fitness/general health = meat head.

Viewpoints like that are one of the reasons you don't ever see any available motorized carts by the entrances at any Wal-Mart.

Meat Head was a poor choice of words.

I should have just said 'people unable or unwilling to see past BMI and look at a guys clothes on a forum all about clothes'.

This guy is standing, smiling, he's probably in average shape for his age, he isn't SLIM, and so all of a sudden having a little extra weight makes him obese, un healthy, un happy,....

I think the guys chino-engineer coat combination fits a particular aesthetic, he could have done a better job responding to some of the criticism maybe, but his fit is solid for his given aesthetic

but really this is all I am getting at ...

[​IMG]

If you ain't got something nice to say keep it to yourself.

and there I went clogging up the damn thread with words no one will read.

6. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

robbie, do you get this mad in real life?

7. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Well-Known Member

^^ I read your reply. I was the first person who mentioned that he needs to work out a bit. I wasn't calling him fat or anything. The top block of his clothes could have looked a lot better if he exercised a bit.

8. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

i am not mad now, i hope to not be coming across as mad... I really am just saying what I am thinking. I am not currently angry by any means. So to answer your question, yes, i do get angry in real life, but am not angry now.

9. Asch

Asch Well-Known Member

The top block of his clothes could have looked a lot better if he exercised a bit.
    I can see Robbie's point, and I think the important thing is to relate any physique comments specifically to how the clothes fit, as you do here. For example, my biggest clothing problem starting out was wide hips causing really ugly midsections in my fits. A comment about building my shoulders to balance things out would have been useful, but since there's nothing that can be done to narrow the hip bones or "hide" them, a comment simply noting the fact that I have child-bearing hips would have been useless and irrelevant to clothing style. Speaking of proportions, wmmk, I like your new fits. Has your choice of pieces changed much, or has the improvement mainly been due to crew and its effects on your proportions?

10. XenoX101

XenoX101 Well-Known Member

Re: robbie Why should we seperate the clothes from the man? Are they not completely and utterly related? Your implication that "If he didn't wear his clothes they'd be praised" is so retarded I don't think you'd even be able to fathom a retort if that sentence in itself makes sense to you. But regarding hurt feelings or being rude, perhaps you're right, maybe we should ignore key problematic areas in a person's fit in order to not hurt their feelings. While we're at it. we should probably avoid any critique of another person's fit just to be on the safe side - as any critique could be construed as an insult and hurt someone's feelings. I'm sure that will help people's fits/style [​IMG]. To summarize, the "If you don't have anything nice to say" idiom isn't relevant when the sole purpose of a forum (or thread) is to prosper through critique. And it was never mentioned that he was obese or unhappy, but it is completely fair to suggest that he may be unhealthy because of his weight, for reasons I once again shouldn't have to mention. It's simple, there are things that detract from a fit and these are mentioned by posters in response to any given fit. Whether it be the clothes themselves (most often obviously), hairstyle, attitude (so-called 'steez'), person's fitness or picture quality, these factors are mentioned. If your excuse for not mentioning certain things is that 'it may hurt their feelings' then you are on the wrong forum. Edit: As a sidenote however, it is understood and assumed that any critique is polite and mature, and as mentioned respective to the fit. Of course any derogatory comments of the person that don't relate to the fit, or simple childish behaviour wouldn't be tolerated.

11. jet

jet Well-Known Member

i was lol'ing, drew when the fuck you comin to LA foo

12. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Well-Known Member

I can see Robbie's point, and I think the important thing is to relate any physique comments specifically to how the clothes fit, as you do here. For example, my biggest clothing problem starting out was wide hips causing really ugly midsections in my fits. A comment about building my shoulders to balance things out would have been useful, but since there's nothing that can be done to narrow the hip bones or "hide" them, a comment simply noting the fact that I have child-bearing hips would have been useless and irrelevant to clothing style.

Speaking of proportions, wmmk, I like your new fits. Has your choice of pieces changed much, or has the improvement mainly been due to crew and its effects on your proportions?

I wasn't ridiculing him by my first comment. He posted in a discussion thread, so he wanted the forum to respond to his fits. The forum responded by giving him suggestions to improve. Instead acknowledge some of the good suggestions, he ridiculed them by giving some bad examples. Just my 2 cent.

13. Cacatfish

Cacatfish Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I hate to be a stalker, because I know Ive asked you this before on another fit, but:

info on shoes? They look excellent.

14. XenoX101

XenoX101 Well-Known Member

Wow, didn't see that one, +1. On a related note how does one person get so many perfect fitting clothes?

Also I think I've come to the conclusion that clean polished shoes can benefit most fits.

15. APK

APK Well-Known Member

But if he instead laid the clothes on the floor and took pics like KitonBrioni none of this would have come about. .
    You're right. His body composition is quite similar to KitonBrioni's.

Ah, the old stand by for the fat person who insists they have no control over their weight. They'll usually tell you this over one of their standard meals consisting of a bucket of fried gravy, lots of bread, and gummy bears wrapped in bacon with a dollop of extensive physical inactivity.

16. driveslowk

driveslowk Well-Known Member

Where can I get gummy bears wrapped in bacon?

17. APK

APK Well-Known Member

Demonito's vegetable crisper most likely.

18. demonito

demonito Member

Re: robbie

Why should we seperate the clothes from the man? Are they not completely and utterly related?

Your implication that "If he didn't wear his clothes they'd be praised" is so retarded I don't think you'd even be able to fathom a retort if that sentence in itself makes sense to you.

But regarding hurt feelings or being rude, perhaps you're right, maybe we should ignore key problematic areas in a person's fit in order to not hurt their feelings. While we're at it. we should probably avoid any critique of another person's fit just to be on the safe side - as any critique could be construed as an insult and hurt someone's feelings. I'm sure that will help people's fits/style [​IMG]. To summarize, the "If you don't have anything nice to say" idiom isn't relevant when the sole purpose of a forum (or thread) is to prosper through critique.

And it was never mentioned that he was obese or unhappy, but it is completely fair to suggest that he may be unhealthy because of his weight, for reasons I once again shouldn't have to mention.

It's simple, there are things that detract from a fit and these are mentioned by posters in response to any given fit. Whether it be the clothes themselves (most often obviously), hairstyle, attitude (so-called 'steez'), person's fitness or picture quality, these factors are mentioned. If your excuse for not mentioning certain things is that 'it may hurt their feelings' then you are on the wrong forum.

Edit: As a sidenote however, it is understood and assumed that any critique is polite and mature, and as mentioned respective to the fit. Of course any derogatory comments of the person that don't relate to the fit, or simple childish behaviour wouldn't be tolerated.

you should because when you start wearing dolce, owens or ann d. you be like them gay people? so i think you should separate the man from their choice of clothes

and yes im pretty cute for my age. [​IMG]

you people dont know me yet well not all youll see why give me a couple of months here.. and you wll tell me ohhh yeah " thats why hes like...this ..like.. that.. ohh"

xoxo
    ed

19. c00kz

c00kz Well-Known Member

Can't attempt reading your posts for a couple months. :/

20. tagutcow

tagutcow Well-Known Member

Can't attempt reading your posts for a couple months. :/

His English composition skills are flabby.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.