1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

Good hair bro

1 person likes this.
  2. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Well-Known Member

Any receipts?

I kid, looks awesome!

3. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Well-Known Member

Hello...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

goodbye

16 people like this.
  4. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

i dont think ed's ever posted a fit pic with worn in denim. his gear always look brand new

5. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

what shoes?

do you usually wear odd jackets and pants or are these whole suits

i wish i could cop yohji without direction

someday i want to be a doctor that wears a margiela labcoat or yohji to work

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  6. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ray-Ban
    BR scarf
    SNS
    Uniqlo (barely vis)
    LLB
    Epaulet x Thorogood

7 people like this.
  7. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

svb nice photography can't save that :(

1 person likes this.
  8. Benesyed

Benesyed Well-Known Member

While I appreciate the feedback, and am glad you guys enjoyed my fit, there is not much I can take away from it. I don't think any of you really have a good sense of who I am and so have taken fragments of what comes across here and made an idea of me. Understandably this fiction is one I have trouble living up to especially since some of the advice hits that more so than me.

Nanheun - my yohji purchases haven't been haphazard. They have been black blazers and black trousers. The shapes and cuts have varied. Also some knits. If you take a look at the yohji thread, there are posts by me frequently showcasing items by yohji that I pass up everyday. Perhaps that bomber + flowers is tacky and ugly but I really do like it and am excited to wear it when it arrives. If you could really provide some concrete reference to useless purchases, then I could perhaps utilize your advice. I have the glasses suggestion in my mind but I havent found anything I love, and I like the current ones I have. Guess I am hipster :). Anyway, also wanna take this time to apologize for being confrontational and that I am glad you are no longer ill.

G trans - chances are I will never get to that level. If I had infinite funds and was dressing someone else, then I think I could. But what I enjoy wearing, and lemao pointed this out (i love black suits), is very basic and only really different to those who think those small variations are exciting or interesting and do not tire of that same basic approach. I only see myself changing the shirts to something with subtle patterning or gradients (like a few nice SS i've seen) or swapping in interesting knits (for the shirt or the blazer). Other than that, the blazer and trouser are sort of a uniform, one that I like and see no reason to overhaul just for a few more likes. I'd rather just work on the details and perfect it in my eyes. If I get just 10 likes on something that I think is perfect a month later, then that's a pinnacle for me.

Btw, just so any future drs don't get misled, its xmas break and my school gives us two weeks because they short us in the summer prior. As a result, when im not doing USLME board review I am roaming SF.

1 person likes this.
  9. GBear

GBear Well-Known Member

Thanks.

Completely agree. Randomly found it in my closet and it was windy and cold today. Should've switched it with SS. :foo:

10. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

The fiction that we perceive of you is one that you created. Without your constant posting in Recent Purchases or almost daily fits here, I wouldn't have any opinion. But you do this, and of course it will lead to people having an "idea" of you since after all, we don't know you outside of Styleforum.

It really doesn't matter what you think now and how little you think would change in the future regarding your style. Many of us have changed greatly over time, even those who have had an even more cemented "look" than you (see: brad).You're still relatively new here and you post a lot of different shit, and all I'm saying is that it's just very reminiscent what many of us have been through already. We all think shit looks good and we all think that these pieces will be our grails/cores for a very long time and we all think this goes with this and this and that and this too. I'm not even talking necessarily about total change, but about refinement and finding your niche/groove, what you really look good in and what you yourself can style to be amazing, by your own hands. You weren't around when snow was first posting but it was pretty much exactly the same stuff: he had a "look" that he was very dead set on but ultimately still too varied, and it was met with tepid response, but eventually he became one of the best posters we have.

Really my post (and this one too, really) wasn't even a criticism of you, it was just an explanation of why Moo got way more thumbs than you.

14 people like this.
  11. ManofKent

ManofKent Well-Known Member

Some good fits over the past few pages.

Friday:

[​IMG]

Shirt is a more subdued rusty clay in real life...

Christy's
    Inverallan
    Universal Works
    H&M x2
    Loake

7 people like this.
  12. fauxshow

fauxshow New Member

[​IMG]

Hello.

Club Monaco x2
    J.Crew
    The Knottery
    Levi's

13. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

g trans words + thoughts.

1 person likes this.
  14. djt00

djt00 Well-Known Member

I really like this. It's something I'd wear too. What are the pants and shirt?

15. I wish I had a "look" I was going for. At least then I'd have some direction, misguided as it may be.

16. Jabonator

Jabonator Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

24 people like this.
  17. Benesyed

Benesyed Well-Known Member

jabo, what's that shirt? Looking fresh! :slayer:

18. Severisth

Severisth Well-Known Member

Hmm, shirt seems familiar...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
    2 people like this.
  19. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Well-Known Member

think it's MQ

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  20. ggoofer

ggoofer Well-Known Member

I wish the shirt was a dip dyed sweater. Love the colors though, and still it looks great on you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.