• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizzlybear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
before anyone says anything about me cuffing my jeans, i was playing soccer with my lil bro :slayer:

grizzlybear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"Gothic ninja ****" is the last thing I would put with an MDR, but it would probably look better than a bro that wandered onto the internet.
I don't particularly like Reedo's fits either, but he is at least conscious of what he is putting together and knows what he is going for.
Plus I hate you.

huh? i don't see how i remotely look like a bro :lol:
you hate me? cool :happy:

Last edited:

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
ok great can you STFU please let's look at other things for a while

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
why did you post a picture of just your face? :confused:

anyway, that tie is pretty bad, and that whole first pic too. too many similar colours, tbh black cardi and navy shirt doesnt work. the last pic is probably your best, but even still that tee looks a bit big. dont get so bothered by people
either.

grizzlybear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

why did you post a picture of just your face? :confused:
anyway, that tie is pretty bad, and that whole first pic too. too many similar colours, tbh black cardi and navy shirt doesnt work. the last pic is probably your best, but even still that tee looks a bit big. dont get so bothered by people
either.

It was in an album my bad, and the shirt and cardigan are both black so I don't see how that would not work and either way it's a work fit so it's not that important. yeah the tee is a bit long I got rid of all those stafford garbage tees and Hanes seem to fit much better.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
yeah black on black is a no go for dress shirts and cardigan. my advice, stay away from black dress shirts entirely. i know you said it was a work fit, but you also said you saw nothing wrong which led me to believe youd wear that out.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
let me see if i can try to save this:

Lz1e7.jpg

First, I am partial to green sneakers. I think they look really dope if done right.

Read on if you want the details:
Secondly, I am not sure about the hate b/c obviously you have history with posters that I am not aware of not does it matter.

But for the sake of your outfit, I would suggest swamping out the tee for a button down/OCBD -- preferably white to start things off.
Get rid of the hoodie, it is making the leather look really full in the body in a bad way. IF you are really cold, then throw on a different outerwear or layer thinner pieces. You should be able to fit a button down+jumper under that leather without a problem. If not, then you can stop reading here as the leather is too small. At least IMO...

Grey chinos? I would go for something a little more structured if you are looking at chinos. Like actually trousers, wool, no break or .25" (VERY SMALL BREAK). The cut should be a fit fuller as well, try 7.5" - 8" for good measure. I personally would wear some bottoms that are some beat down faded raw denim. I think some beat up faded denim would be cool contrast to the sneaker and give more of an edge along with the leather.

that said, i think everyone is jumping on the bandwagon because you don't quite know when to stop chit chatting and just listen. you don't have to address back every single post... sit back and enjoy. it's a learning process that I myself am still studying

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
the bottom half looks way too chunky. id swap jeans for a different cut (and possibly size) entirely. shoes also make it look akward.

how tall are you btw? maybe that can explain why some thing seem the way they are

Jabonator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Angle not flattering, needs better lighting so we can see the fit better. Slimmer jeans would probably work better.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@hipster, I think the fit is really good until I get below the knees. Everything is so slim and form fitting and then the denim bunches up as it tucks into the sneakers. If the denim were tapered (and possibly hemmed) and you had on a slimmer shoe I think this would look really nice.

@grizzlybear I don't understand why you didn't just post that second photo from your montage as your orig fit pic. The colors come through much clearer. I'm not a huge fan of the hoody, but I don't think it ruins the fit like others do. I don't really care for the green shoes with the gray (?) slacks.

The last photo in your montage looks pretty good.

Lastly, thanks everybody for the feedback and the kind words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads