1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Indeed. The nerve of some people...

2. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

it's a meaningless title that hasn't been removed yet. i've asked la guy a few times to no avail.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  3. noob in 89

noob in 89 Well-Known Member

Jacket looks inside out to me. Sort of frazzles my brain whenever I see it, like one of those optical illusions the ol' internal CPU struggles to resolve...

4. noob in 89

noob in 89 Well-Known Member

Still preaty neat, tho...

5. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

You can either tween-travel (conceptual) to two-thousand-six or you can, ideally, find it brand new on SZ classifieds.

It basically is - two reversed (opposing) layers of shearling for the body , so you're not wrong.

6. mike868y

mike868y Well-Known Member

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS.

5 people like this.
  7. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

i can't tell if he's being sarcastic or if he's being serious. no one can possibly be this oblivious

8. mike868y

mike868y Well-Known Member

didn't toasty used to be normal or is my memory just bad? what the fuck happened.

2 people like this.
  9. KingJulien

KingJulien Well-Known Member

Synth, it could be the photo i guess but the shoes are clashing like hell with the jacket. I think you need like a dark brown. I'm in the camp of thinking the jacket is dope though, nice find.

lol

1 person likes this.
  10. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

So, was it suppose to be an inside joke? I work with only absolutes and only recently realized that it could be the actual tween when 4st starting posting more. Sorry Mikey forgot (0)

And you can find that Synth jacket on SZ never would have guessed though now it sort of makes sense. Must be b/c it looks and is so artisanal (sp)

The MMM just look really red or burnt orange in photo

2 people like this.
  11. KingJulien

KingJulien Well-Known Member

Cloak, dior homme and Ann D are like the original SZ brands before they all got into the scarstitch everything stuff

1 person likes this.
  12. fireflygrave

fireflygrave Well-Known Member

What does this even mean

13. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

More "clashes like hell with pants," I think, though maybe it's less noticeable in natural light. Mostly a case of using what is easily accessible in the suitcase - plenty of brown, green, grey or black boots to play with later. What I'd really like is a pair of dark charcoal jeans, though - exactly like the Cloak pair I have that doesn't fit me. :(

And yeah, Toasty, the reason the boots look so different from the Margellon side-zips you're thinking of is because they ARE really different:

"Side Zip" Earlier (unknown year), then later (2010):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Canvas Side Zip (unknown year):
    [​IMG]

"Campus Boot (2011)"
    [​IMG]

"San Crispino" (2012):
    [​IMG]

Surface 2 Air "Sidezip" (2012, just for people who might be wondering about alternatives)
    [​IMG]

Don't even fucking think of asking me about the welts. I don't have a goddamn clue.

Not 100% certain on those years, but they're close.

3 people like this.
  14. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

no negatives allowed

15. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Well-Known Member

I just google chatted with Tween, and he's not sure why conceptual 4est keeps posting fit pics of him.

Apparently Tween had a memory card full of pictures like these, and he left it at a bar a few weeks ago. Then, a day after he realized the card was missing, someone called his phone and left a raspy voice message. Most of it was difficult to make out, but it seems the caller found the memory card and was threatening to keep posting one fit pic per week unless Tween paid him ten grand. Of course there's no way Tween will pay up, since it's way more fun to spend the money on outerwear that resembles decorative floor coverings. So this is a difficult time for everyone, and I ask that we wish Tween the best of luck in getting back on his feet.

25 people like this.
  16. Nil

Nil Well-Known Member

I'd prefer a more substantial boot with that Cloak jacket. You should appear ready to slay wild animals and trudge through snow, something MMM sidezips don't excel at.

11 people like this.
  17. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  18. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est Well-Known Member

I am forfeiting the $10,000 ransom and my stance is now as follows: the pictures will continue until gettoasty gets laid

11 people like this.
  19. jet

jet Well-Known Member

This is oustanding. You can hate the color of the boots or the material of the jacket (neither of which I do) but the combination here is like applewood smoked bacon and niman ranch beef, shit is so good together. Best fit with most flava posted in ages especially compared to all this greyscale bullshit (notchoo nil).

2 people like this.
  20. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

So, we can create another SN and start posting under that so as long as we leave our old one inactive? I don't want to be "gettoasty" anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.