1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Well-Known Member

speaking of ervell, i think his jeans look great in this pic. I think i read somewhere that its by levi. [​IMG]

2. Kill_switch

Kill_switch Well-Known Member

Surprisingly that fit appeals to me and looks much better than Max's. Its probably because of the pieces he decided to employ, the jeans are less of a standout dad jean despite being Levis and the black shoes really bring the fit together in a different way.

3. aqhong

aqhong Well-Known Member

Surprisingly that fit appeals to me and looks much better than Max's.
    I'm not sure how that's surprising, it's a much more conservative and SF-friendly fit.

4. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

PS: tonio's fit is a true example of palette matching. Great brown tones with the light blue shirt bringing a nice contrast to the overall look

No offense to tonio who seems nice and does the biz-cas thing well, but we're really hodling his stuff in high esteem now? Ugh.... [​IMG]

5. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Well-Known Member

Patrick Ervell:

-interesting haircut and facial features
    -interesting background
    -black laceups
    -shirt buttoned all the way up a la David Lynch/John Waters/David Byrne (3 of the coolest guys ever)

=cool look, individual style

SF dude:

-jc penny looking jeans
    -jc penny-looking windbreaker
    -white vans or some shit

=looks like he sells pot at a community college in Burbank

6. Kill_switch

^ I'm not sure how that's surprising, it's a much more conservative and SF-friendly fit.
    So when you take away windbreaker and add Button-Up you get a more conservative fit? Max was wearing white purcells, a conservative shoe choice, his jeans were APC. Ervell is taking stonewashed Levis, something even more outlandish in these parts and putting them to good use. The black shoes work much better and if you want to talk about "anti-fit", his button-up is not BoO style skinny and looks much too long to leave untucked but he does it, and buttons the top button.

7. aqhong

aqhong Well-Known Member

So when you take away windbreaker and add Button-Up you get a more conservative fit?
    I meant the fit of the jeans specifically, not the overall fit. And the word I actually meant to use was "conventional," sorry. His jeans are a lot closer to what's considered a "proper" fit around these parts (i.e. form-fitting in the thighs) than Max's, which is why I'm not surprised you'd like them more.

8. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

cbusguy and kixslf - excellent fits

9. Kill_switch

I meant the fit of the jeans specifically, not the overall fit. And the word I actually meant to use was "conventional," sorry. His jeans are a lot closer to what's considered a "proper" fit around these parts than Max's (i.e. form-fitting in the thighs), which is why I'm not surprised you'd like them more.
    I prefer 19cm cut jeans to stuff like 501's.

10. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] Just going from your argument of color, A is millions of times better, and while the pieces aren't especially unique or mindblowing, I'd think his fit was far better looking than Max's.

11. chronoaug

His apc petite standards fit pretty much the same as my apc petite standards tbh. Not liking the fit of the jeans is one thing but they look nothing like 501s really. 501s are looser than apc ns and i'm pretty sure those are apc ps really doesn't look that far from what ervell does with his spring collections usually with the washed out colors and kinda boxy tops but more casual since ervell usually slightly shorter pants/jeans. Footwear would probably be some opening ceremony collab instead of purcells. Damn does ervell love doing opening ceremony collabs. If only opening ceremony stepped their game up a little as they usually look good [​IMG] I mean, i know it's not the kind of outfit people would like to straight up copy (which is the barometer for how most people judge fits they like/dislike) but i think he knows what he wants to do with his fit and does it well. I mean, i never want to dress like any of Tonio's fits but i do admit he does conservative business casual pretty well. Still nothing i'd ever like to wear (though i unfortunately have had to in the past)

12. Riio

Riio Well-Known Member

disagree, prefer max's fit. dig the purcells and i feel like more people would think it's dope in natural lighting

13. reprehensible

reprehensible Well-Known Member

You know if they were pants instead of jeans with that same pale blue, I doubt there would be a single derogatory comment about the fit or colour.

I hate that color of pants in all circumstances.

But I'm only even commenting to explain that it's possible to both appreciate nonstandard fits, and not really like what Max Whateverthehell was wearing.

In any case, there are far worse sins perpetrated in WAYWT.

14. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Very simple and often done but the proportions work for me. On the other hand is it me or you shave your arms? Oh and press your shirt I can see the folding lines

15. bluemagic

bluemagic Well-Known Member

I love it when we have a good-taste litmus test.

P.S.

The camera angle and pose make you look weird, tonio. I think you'd look much better if the picture were taken from a better angle, and you stood in a more relaxed fashion. Just giving some constructive criticism!

16. chronoaug

Now i can't unsee those supersmooth arms [​IMG]

17. aqhong

aqhong Well-Known Member

I love it when we have a good-taste litmus test.
    +1, Max's fit is like the Mason-Dixon Line of WAYWT, lol.

18. aeglus

aeglus Well-Known Member

Now i can't unsee those supersmooth arms [​IMG]

it's like the fedex arrow

19. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Petit Bateau
    Folk
    Lee
    Prada

blablabla, a good Berlin report fit, how surprising!! This guy (and rye) pretty much always looks good, I blame the hair.

20. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

Where'd you get that coat? What'd it run you?

I have been looking for a double breasted long navy coat.

As mentionned the coat is Cloak and you can't find it as the brand is no more (he now works for Versace ;( ). BTW it's black but the cotton has faded with wear (the whole point of having a heavy cotton trench). I think it's from 05-06, not sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.