1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

why does everyone keep commenting on how ugly sq is? is it the lyle lovett hair and scruff? I don't really get it, but it's certainly unnecessary
    While I think sq's fits would improve dramatically with a hair cut and a shave, he's certainly not ugly.

btw, you need a new avatar.

2. scribbles

scribbles Well-Known Member

^ It's TOJ.

Great, one more thing to lust after that I can't afford at the moment. Anyway, much thanks.

[​IMG]

I don't know if it's necessarily the clothes that I don't like (though the sleeves look like they could be narrowed a bit)... I think it's the body language. The combination of the slumped shoulders and bowed head makes you look like a broken man. Stand up straight and exude some confidence. How you wear something is just as important as what you are wearing. Sorry if that makes me sound like an overcritical douche (I'm well aware of the fact that I'm usually a complete asshole, but that is honestly not my intent here)

3. scribbles

+1000

4. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

Looks good shore. Like the jacket a lot. Although is it still that cold there? I'd be sweating in that here.

5. flyguy7

flyguy7 Well-Known Member

+1000

so much hate? eason has a pic of arnold in a tank and no one says a word

6. JanC

JanC Well-Known Member

Raptor shuz made especially for mah raptor feetz.

[​IMG]

So, brand?

7. scribbles

so much hate? eason has a pic of arnold in a tank and no one says a word

until you make a movie as great as kindergarden cop, please don't ever compare yourself to arnold.

8. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

9. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Well-Known Member

Looks good shore. Like the jacket a lot. Although is it still that cold there? I'd be sweating in that here.

Was so effing cold today and last night.

10. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

LK awesomeness
    [​IMG]

11. scribbles

[​IMG]

^^ You win

12. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Is that my duffle coat? Looks great!! That bag is awesome

13. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

This might come as a shock to some of you guys, but I am ok with some people thinking I look 'costumey'. I honestly don't mind being a bit outrageous. I just don't feel the need to say, "HAI GUYZ! I'm being outraaageous!" If you can't take a little understated outrageousness, then the joke's on you.

In the end, I like what I wear, and try to have a little fun wearing it, which is more than I can say for most of you guys...

zissou owns

14. Listi

Listi Well-Known Member

I am on a netbook and scrolling slowly down labelkings fit

i hit the shoes

and a smile creeps across my face

awesome

15. nicelynice

Been looking for an excuse all winter long to wear my Mr. Olive moccasins. Temperature was in the 60's today and sunny so I finally got a chance to wear them again without socks. The sole and leather are so soft and flexible that they feel like you're walking around in slippers. Every imperfection and pebble in the pavement is felt, yet your feet never truly hurt. Feels liberating after wearing mostly boots throughout winter. Everyone should own at least one pair of footwear that doesn't isolate you from the ground. [​IMG] [​IMG] Lad Musician tee Mr. Olive bracelet Mr. Olive denim Mr. Olive moccasins
    Those jeans are fucking awesome, seriously, they fit perfectly and the wash is amazing.. my fav. pair I've seen on this forum other than Gav-rouche's 501s Dark denim is a dime a dozen on the internet, so something with a nice wash like this really stands out

16. Listi

Listi Well-Known Member

This might come as a shock to some of you guys, but I am ok with some people thinking I look 'costumey'. I honestly don't mind being a bit outrageous. I just don't feel the need to say, "HAI GUYZ! I'm being outraaageous!" If you can't take a little understated outrageousness, then the joke's on you.
    I agree completely, and can't believe people on a fashion forum of all places don't realize that a lot of people don't CARE if they look different as long as they're having a good time. @BB1: That fit is really great.

17. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

Is that my duffle coat? Looks great!!
    That bag is awesome

It's a "Traditional Weatherwear" duffel coat.

18. nicelynice

It's a "Traditional Weatherwear" duffel coat.
    I had one of those last year, picked it up in Japan. Pretty sure it's a Japan exclusive line made by Macintosh. Literally the nicest duffle coat I've ever seen, slim fit and nice construction By the way, here is the most boring fit ever, but ToJ stood up really well to unexpected rain, so here it is Tried popping the collar, can I like, do that? [​IMG] Jeans are the Margiela relaxed ones

19. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Well-Known Member

Lot of talk in here (but what else is new?)...last 5 or 6 fits I've scrolled through all look excellent though. In particular, I really liked shoreman, LK, bb1, and willycheesesteak's efforts.

20. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

Great, one more thing to lust after that I can't afford at the moment. Anyway, much thanks.

[​IMG]

I don't know if it's necessarily the clothes that I don't like (though the sleeves look like they could be narrowed a bit)... I think it's the body language. The combination of the slumped shoulders and bowed head makes you look like a broken man. Stand up straight and exude some confidence. How you wear something is just as important as what you are wearing. Sorry if that makes me sound like an overcritical douche (I'm well aware of the fact that I'm usually a complete asshole, but that is honestly not my intent here)

He's being pensive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.