1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

first half +1... second half -10. knucks isn't "fat" and/or shapeless in a way that he can't look good... it's just that he's, as some people round these parts say, built like a brick shithouse. he definitely needs more skillfully chosen cuts that will de-emphasize his barrel torso and thick legs and butt. pleated trousers would help.. a bit more room in the shoulders and more fitted sleeves in the shirts perhaps. knucks you need to do some window shopping and lots of trying stuff on to find clothing that will produce a more flattering silhouette and get an idea of what works for you and start with and build on that. these looks do not flatter...

2. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

if anyoone on this forum should be wearing all rick it's knucks. just looking at your top collar button makes my neck itch, man. good luck!

3 people like this.
  3. APK

APK Well-Known Member

If kunk is still lurking around here, he should chime in a bit, since he's no doubt battled similar issues as knucks has.

And IIRC, kunk was able to make a lot of different designer stuff work with his body, not just Rick, so I'd be interested to hear his insights here.

4. Lane

Lane Well-Known Member

yah, styleforum has perpetuated this idea that you need to be skinny to look good in designer clothes, but not all designers are designing with this intention. And not all aesthetics require it.

Last edited: May 4, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

pretty sure his insight was that prada and other brands with "athletic," steep-drop cuts (versace, DG maybe? Not sure) were what he'd found. I don't even know if kunk was as big as knucks, though, in terms of being hard-to-fit.

For myself, I think he should just wear a toga and carry a trident.

2 people like this.
  6. 1234

1234 Well-Known Member

Knucks would look f'in awesome in rick.

1 person likes this.
  7. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

^ questionable, but sure, why not. probably the more athletic rick, not leather and tailored rick.

8. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

not necessarily rick.

What he wants are clothes that just hang from the shoulder and hang from the waist. No tapered hems. things should be long and flowy. the opposite of tailored clothing.

1 person likes this.
  9. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

here goes.

knucks is a fucking beast and unfortunately looks like a provincetown bear playing dress up in what he posted. i am lean now but at 280 with big traps, i couldn't wear anything but nike tees. i have no more traps due to neck injury but no shirts are made to fit traps like his, they will all pull across the chest and delta. he needs to go custom. looks to be like a 46/32 or 48/33, it's not easy. rick works but unlike half of sf, you can't just go about buying a ton of rick without ever having thought about it before. you have choices to make, one is making yourself so large that clothes rarely work. when you're really big, you usually look fat in clothes. i don't see ronnie coleman in a suit and say wow, that guy is fit. for instance, my shoulders are 61" around back so aside from leathers, ccp is a no go.

up to a 48, to echo synth echoing me, prada is a good option, the more formal stuff is cut fairly athletically. most designer suits wouldn't work; the shoulder seam would be on his jugular.

2 people like this.
  10. artishard116

artishard116 Well-Known Member

you know you want to...

11. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

why you no like ronnie coleman suit?

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  12. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

I suppose I designed it? I just asked for a s/s made with my other shirts measurements in a nice linen, fiddled with the collar and placket and some other small details, I think it's pretty basic. I've always wanted to have a watch but I think it's a hobby that I can't afford at this point. It's one of those things that if I have one I want to have a nice one, and thanks to this fucking forum that means 20k or nothing.

13. knucks

knucks Well-Known Member

kunk, my suit size isn't that big, i think. a 42 or a 44, probably. never had a real true measurement of things.

regarding pants and the like, I think I just need to get comfortable with the fact that I need to wear my shit looser, if not for comfort, but to offset the large upper body.

i've never thought about rick, nor do i think i can afford it, or have anywhere local i can try stuff on./

14. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

ah, thought you were bigger. prada is a great choice for suits, wide cut shoulders.

flat front pants are tough, i always get pocket flare like you do in your pic. pants just never sit right on me, wish i had better advice

15. GBear

GBear Well-Known Member

Looks like you're enjoying the shirt, Eason. PL sent me a bunch of swatches recently, and I'm thinking of having a few shirts made, including a linen or two. Great to hear.

16. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Well-Known Member

Geller does a lot of stuff with rayon, that's what it looks like imo

17. Nil

Nil Well-Known Member

I have the shorter version of that Geller jacket. It's a rayon/cotton blend. Going off memory I think it's 65/35.

18. artishard116

artishard116 Well-Known Member

working on it, got any suggestions?
    painted gats are still the best summer sneaks ever.

19. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

get some baller footwear... direct attention to baller shoes/boots thread please. 700 minimum

20. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Well-Known Member

don't normally care about gats (do like the all white ones), but I think they work really well on artishard

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.