1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noochie

Noochie Well-Known Member

this weeks lifestyle
    [​IMG]

today
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. m00ba77

m00ba77 Well-Known Member

m00ba is looking awesome as usual.

Thank you.

Mooba looks great, but everyone note where he is wearing his jeans. It is not possible to have them any higher.

Don't drag me into this!

I like the first picture but the back pockets seen in the second look very feminine (facing outwards accentuating the ass)

edit: no homo

It's mostly because I still have my thumbs tucked into my pockets and it's pulling the ass tighter.

Oh yeah? That's why I fucked your bitch you fat motherfucker.

edit: (take money)

what?

moob your stuff is usually decent for what it is but your face is ruining things (no hate)

Dunno what advice I can give since you've tried smiling, angry, and smug as fuck and none seem to work. I think the glasses are the culprit, and even though you cut your hair you could probably go shorter and be better.

So basically what we've come down to is that I'm fugly.
    Fair enough.

Also, did we every figure out if mooba and conne were related?

I would like to see this person.

3. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Well-Known Member

So basically what we've come down to is that I'm fugly.
    Fair enough.

nope, smug is the word

4. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

m00ba77 drives a prius

5. m00ba77

nope, smug is the word

In that pic, sure, but he's saying that none of the various facial expressions I've made are working.
    Unfortunately, it's just my face.

I'll get some new glasses here eventually, but the ones I want will run me about $1K with lenses and frames all said and done... so I'll have to wait.

Oh well, I'll join sq4 and a few others in the "unfortunate looking" category.

6. m00ba77

m00ba77 drives a prius

Even better: I don't drive a car at all.

7. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

this weeks lifestyle
    [​IMG]

today
    [​IMG]

oh I didn't see you there. don't mind me, just reading.

8. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

Even better: I don't drive a car at all.

Oh my, that might explain it.

9. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Well-Known Member

10. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

Cue Xenox ragging on another excellent ARW fit.

Do you put an emphasis on changing proportions on purpose? You do it rather well.

11. mlyngard

mlyngard Well-Known Member

Not surprised on SE boys on UO site and catalog. They'll probably get a limited edition capsule collection kinda thing there too or at least "Street etiquette picks" section on the webstore. UO knows that their customers are all about the internet and the new phenomenon of internet celebrity via facebook/blogs/myspace/lookbook/etc.... They did this with Jane sea of shoes who had her blog, lookbook and became an internet celebrity briefly (she used to post a bunch on sufu but i think more to get her internet celebrity out there rather than jskissi who posts on sufu/sf genuinely)

Nicely put. I agree on the 'genuine' part. Was just saying to someone how real the guy keeps it, which isn't easy as a blogging New Yorker unless you have true swagger [​IMG]

this weeks lifestyle
    [​IMG]

A friend of the Cohen Brothers is a friend of mine. Unless that's McCain's memoirs you have in your hands.

oh I didn't see you there. don't mind me, just reading.

lulz

12. Asch

Asch Well-Known Member

Well maybe at least jeans that are less tapered than the 5EPs. I'm thinking the Flathead 3001/1001 would probably fit the bill, so I'm holding out for those.
    I had 3001s and they are extremely tight in the thigh -- much more so than even Skull 5010s in the same size. Be careful.

13. Listi

Listi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I like the

Black-Gray top Black-Gray bottom

feel you've got with this fit... The gray shoes really complete it.

14. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Well-Known Member

Shoes in bed is only appropriate in one context. This is not it.

15. Noochie

Noochie Well-Known Member

my gf puts on my CP hightops when we fuck

16. jet

jet Well-Known Member

mine keeps her loubs on

17. driveslowk

driveslowk Well-Known Member

mine doesn't want to have sex with me right now

18. BB1

BB1 Well-Known Member

Camera broke again, luckily Canon is replacing it outright with the newest model

[​IMG]

N Hoolywood
    BoO
    Dior 21cm (too big on me..)

Surprised you're not wearing your new N. Hoolywood trousers.

19. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/q...n/DSC01854.jpg
    i love most of your other fits, but this one seems a bit boring. the sportcoat looks pretty average in the pic. maybe it looks better up close. everything else looks good, just don't really like the sportcoat.

20. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Well-Known Member

fair point man. They do actually physically feel like they could sag a bit, as opposed to my KMWs which just gravitate straight to the point where i wear them and stay there.

I had a pair of 29 weird guys that had / have the same tendency to rise on their own. If the jean is tight on a location with little give, like your hip bone, every wiggle will move it towards an area of less friction, so it rides higher and higher. Many people wearing fitted, raw denim who have a hip to waist ratio >1.0 (ie - hips with no tubby belly) are going to have this issue and it looks like you're in that group.

I corrected my weird guys by doing a couple of things. I found the amount of starch was beyond ridiculous. The legs looked insane and the top block refused to stretch, so I gave them a brief hot soak. Everything about the fit improved. Most notably, when I forced them down at full starch, the button fly splayed open. It no longer does that. I always wear belts, but I use a "larger" diameter with these. I literally wear weird guys lower than everything else I own to make them look right.

This is coming across as a novel, but considering the subject of you vs pants has been rehashed so many times I don't feel too badly about it. Another thing I have learned about the fit of rougher fabrics for my body type is that you have to sag (to whatever degree) denim to obtain lap creases and lap creases are considered hot shit at the 1 yr wash. If you don't have lap creases, your jeans are riding too high.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.