1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aeglus

aeglus Well-Known Member

it'd look great with a tshirt or something; that knit is just really hard to wear well

stazy is still more awesome than most here can ever hope to be though

2. brightorangetrousers

brightorangetrousers Well-Known Member

The two thicker stripes make it look like the dude has a beer gut and the damn thing is migrating upwards.

Weird cos the guy is obviously pretty slim.

3. crackerjack

crackerjack Well-Known Member

I would just say it's an ugly sweater. If it wasn't Jil Sander would we really be discussing this?

4. reedobandito

reedobandito Well-Known Member

Yeap, let's call a spade a spade

5. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

Tight sweater and tight jeans is too much. ..

6. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Well-Known Member

That sweater works best when paired with bold, clean colors. Sq4you pulled it off by wearing it with slim navy trousers and an equally bold blazer. Faded jawnz throw off the look by contrasting pure primary shapes with a rugged "impure" aesthetic. Also, as others have said, sizing up one would probably have been ideal.

7. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    attachment double layer (thanks to our very own gavin for some sizing help, btw)
    claude maus double layer
    mmm

edit: the new image upload system is nice. no need for image hosts that get blocked. rip green frog

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  8. barims

barims Well-Known Member

Indeed; someone else's bespoke from the days where arty prints were in abundance. I only have 3 bespoke shirts of my own and have only worn one in this thread. If that was one of them, I'd have requested a smaller collar

You wouldn't believe the puffy sleeves on that piece, and it is still a better deal in certain respects than Prada's made-to-measure shirt program, which has the best arty print collection going, I'd say. The seller only had a handful of D&C print shirts (to be fair, the ones I didn't buy were rather extreme in their psychedelic/acid tendencies), but I do have some others in fabric designs like raw silk and raised, textured houndstooth/stars

9. Ivwri

Ivwri Well-Known Member

+1

Really nice top dude. Have really liked all the attachment stuff I have seen in person, looks good on you. And I agree completely about the new image system. Makes life so much easier :D

10. Stazy

Stazy Well-Known Member

The stripes actually curve upwards. No beer gut. lol

Well, it's definitely not my favorite knit or anything like that but there is certain appeal in pulling off pieces that are harder to wear well. I missed the mark a bit this time around but that's why I post here. It's nice to have a venue where you can throw stuff up against a wall and see what sticks.

Hadn't considered this angle. Thanks for sharing.

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

It's not that bad of a sweater, but yeah you can't be wearing faded indigo denim with that shit. It's not a SW+D summer special. You'd be fine to wear it with a pair of crisp Jil Sander or Raf trousers, you could mix and match it with a pair of white denim and some very random shoes, but Stazy is just blatantly bro-ing that shit out.

1 person likes this.
  12. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Well-Known Member

I am loathe to join a dog pile, but the denim looks wrong. They give you some sort of massive diaper hips. The sweater also looks spray painted on, like it's spandex.

13. bryanayrb

bryanayrb Well-Known Member

QUADRUPLE layers snowman? its pretty hot out bro

14. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Well-Known Member

lol was going to say on paper it sounds pretty bad:p

15. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

kgmessier establishing himself as consistently good

stazy wtf

barims everything is fantastic. wish I could pull off this look, totally different from anything I have but superb nonetheless. execution is flawless.

16. clark kent

clark kent Well-Known Member

does anybody remember the episode of Rugrats where Chuckie is afraid of a monster under his bed, but its really just his dad's sweater? thats what Stazy's sweater reminds me of.

[​IMG]

17. cxbxw

cxbxw Well-Known Member

Linea Black Polo shirt
    APC NS
    Adidas Nizza

Can anybody point me in the direction of a nice fitting, plain black polo shirt? This one is pretty beaten up. Also, I just find my entire style so boring. Any tips on how to liven things up? Not sure what goes well with dry denim...

[​IMG][​IMG]

18. clark kent

clark kent Well-Known Member

do you really have your collar popped, or am i imagining things?

19. asobu

asobu Well-Known Member

I think there's something appealing about how off shore's jacket look. Not bad.

20. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Well-Known Member

I think Stazy proves that Raf's designs only look good on emaciated Euro-giants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.