• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
DL, same on matching scarf tee (or blue for that matter) and leg opening is way too small for boots, some 21 cm distressed would be gud.

Originally Posted by nicelynice
Agree looks good, but some straight legs or bootcut jeans with good distressing would look amazing, Diors look too clean for the Rick + Carpe

You said exactly the same thing I said, maybe you are a subconscious repeater?

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by puddin
i'd say most everyone here is privileged.

Boy, you put alot of people in a general class didn't you? I grew up poor, was homeless, then joined the military, and got out and busted ****** to where i am now (which isn't much..college student, with a nurse wife and my GI bill keep us living well.) What's your definition of "privileged" I just enjoy things i couldn't have growing up, but received with hard work.

I remember growing up and hearing firecrackers in the neighborhood, well come to find out those weren't fireworks lol I think you're just talking out of your ass, so you're excused.

ryannn

Reaction score
rHoy9l.jpg

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^need to see shoes with fit.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
it's funny how much some here are willing to spend on clothes while residing in what amounts to a slightly more luxurious street-side burrito cart and using a stained couch as a bed, dining set, and writing desk simultaneously.

I'm a little drunk so this might not read well, but --
Fashion appeals to me as an artistic/design venue because I can take it with me. I definitely don't plan on staying at Hinterland U. much longer, or in the U.S. much longer if I can help it, and I can't take a couch with me as easily as I can take a really good pair of jeans. Also the act of carefully furnishing a room evokes a lifestyle I find kind of abhorrent, I've completely drunk the aspirational bohemian Kool-Aid (if clinical depression and nihilism are good for anything, it's building this fake lifestyle) and I don't really want to spend too much time buying objects whose sole purpose is to anchor me to the earth. Throwing on expensive clothes is way more in line with the set of fictions I buy into. Showing up to a date in distressed Julius stuff and a Ghostface Killah-style beanie-glasses combination and then taking the girl home to my super-tasteful apartment seems pretty disingenuous and contemptible.

Plus of course I'm pretty ******* poor.

Makeshift out.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mad skinny/tall buddy of mine wears bootcut SDA's and engineer boots all the time. Looks sick as ****.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
some 21 cm distressed would be gud.
No. Luster coated 19cms.
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
Showing up to a date in distressed Julius stuff and a Ghostface Killah-style beanie-glasses combination and then taking the girl home to my super-tasteful apartment seems pretty disingenuous and contemptible.
What? So it's more congruent to show up in thousands of dollars of clothes and take her back to a roach-infested hovel? You can furnish a home without making it blandly cookie-cutter

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
No. Luster coated 19cms.

No, what I said.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
it's funny how much some here are willing to spend on clothes while residing in what amounts to a slightly more luxurious street-side burrito cart and using a stained couch as a bed, dining set, and writing desk simultaneously.

My place has "good" furniture but my friend has like a well located and nice but absolutely empty apt (stacks of artbooks+simple table+basic chair+2 laptops) and it works perfectly too. No need for clutter.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
My place has "good" furniture but my friend has like a well located and nice but absolutely empty apt (stacks of artbooks+simple table+basic chair+2 laptops) and it works perfectly too. No need for clutter.

there is large difference between a minimalist, uncluttered abode and what that drunken gypsy is describing above. my only real prerequisite is a silk carpet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads