1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsoren

dsoren Well-Known Member

I think you're getting a poor response partly because of the picture quality.

It seems like you're wearing bootcut jeans. These coupled with what you're wearing up top makes you look a bit like a country cowboy. This is fine if you're indeed a country cowboy, I suppose.* Though, still, even if you were, I don't think you're muscular enough to pull off this look.

The jacket's collar oddly splays. In addition, there just isn't enough color contrast. Are the jeans also blue? You would do better with a bit more contrast in colors; even making your shirt white would help. Also, given how country cowboy this fit is - or at least seems to be - wearing a slide buckle dress belt is really odd. I know such contrasts can be done well, but it just doesn't look coherent here.

Lastly, all of your clothes look slightly too small for you. For example, your shoulders look so small that it makes your head look big.

You should also get rid of the Bieber haircut.

Hope that's constructive. I do think you dress better than many of the newbies around here.

* For all you lumberjacks and sailors out there, if you think you look any less silly just because your fits are in vogue, you're fooling yourself.

Thanks for the feedback...no, I am not a country cowboy, and not attempting to be.

I agree that this is not a great fit. The jacket and shirt are not too small. However, I would agree that perhaps the jeans are too slim. Last time I posted a fit pic with those jeans, they were not well received. I just think they are too slim and too tapered. Because of the slimness of the jeans, everything else looks huge. Thoughts? I paid a ton of money for them because of the brand and didn't pay attention to the fit as much as I should have. The salesperson told me they would stretch out alot - but I still think they look too small.

The haircut does look Bieber-esque right now, I am waiting for it to grow out a bit. I just can't rock short hair. I do have a large head - it's not the clothes.

As far as the belt thing goes, it's the best one I own right now - planning to kop a Kenton Sorenson in a few weeks.

Snarky remarks are fun to read and post, but I really appreciate guys like you who are willing to take the time to offer up constructive criticism. Much appreciated.

2. Vaio

Vaio Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mellowfellow.. [​IMG]

3. AHShadow

AHShadow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I still really love that scarf! I know it's from gap, but the wool seems really nice.
    And the sweater is NDG right?

All in all, love the fit, Mellow.

4. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

Mellow, that looks great. And I love your cuffs.

5. aether

aether Well-Known Member

yeah, am already in. just caveat emptor bunch of freaks showed up last time so lefty, me , whodini and shoreman escaped and left poor fok to tend to the flock

hah. will keep an eye out for the segregation...

6. cez

cez Well-Known Member

7. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Well-Known Member

Looks really great MF. How tall are you, if you don't mind me asking?

8. drmmr

drmmr Well-Known Member

Mellow's cuffs are what make his fits great, imo. It's like he's saying "I'm steezy and comfy, and I don't give a fuck what you think." POS: I could care less about how much your frames cost if they look great or different, but why on earth would you pay $700 for a pair of poor Burberry's? Like someone said, they look like $50 ones from Costco, which are like the ones I wore when I was 10. Anyway now that you know they're bad, replace them. And how bad's your eyesight anyway?

9. chasingred

chasingred Well-Known Member

Like everyone else, I always enjoy Mellow's posts. Just for the sake of putting up some constructive criticism though, I'd suggest a better scarf. I like how much life the color of your scarf gives, but the scarf's pattern and fringes makes it look kind of cheap and GAP-ish.

I dig the layering and silhouette you've created though. Great proportions.

10. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Well-Known Member

I still really love that scarf! I know it's from gap, but the wool seems really nice.
    And the sweater is NDG right?

All in all, love the fit, Mellow.

yes it is from gap chasingred [​IMG]

11. Wupper

Wupper Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think that looks spectacular. Like most of mellows fits. Especially the top half. The only thing that I never like on his fits are the cuffs. Yes, they make his legs look short and ruin the silhouette.

12. Vaio

Vaio Well-Known Member

I think that looks spectacular. Like most of mellows fits. Especially the top half. The only thing that I never like on his fits are the cuffs. Yes, they make his legs look short and ruin the silhouette.

I agree, though i feel his cuffs are much better than that of most other forum members.

13. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

POS: I could care less about how much your frames cost if they look great or different, but why on earth would you pay $700 for a pair of poor Burberry's? Like someone said, they look like $50 ones from Costco, which are like the ones I wore when I was 10. Anyway now that you know they're bad, replace them. And how bad's your eyesight anyway?

I thought the point of mentioning the specs was that the dude had some serious vision issues that needed to be addressed with fairly custom lenses, not so much that the frames were $$$.

And kudos to slack for upping the fits:angry rants ratio as of late.

14. ShaOwned

ShaOwned Member

Hey everyone. This is my first post in WAYWT, and hopefully I'll see if I can put stuff up everyday.

I'm pretty much new to this forum as well as style in general, and I'm trying my best, so please don't hurt me =P

Always looking for constructive criticism.

My two concerns about this outfit are the sweater and the shoes kind of match. Boring color pallete in the outfit, that's the fault of my lack of wardrobe. The second is wearing a crew neck under my v neck sweater. I'm not sure if that's a no-no. I think it looks kinda bad, but as the sweater is really light, it doesn't flatter my body unless I put something underneath it. Also the neck is too wide for me to wear a v neck undershirt without it showing.

I do really like the fit on the jeans, interested to see what you guys think about that. Anywhere, here are pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. fungz0r

fungz0r Well-Known Member

You need to kop a better camera

16. chasingred

chasingred Well-Known Member

Photos need to be bigger in order for me to comment.

17. ShaOwned

ShaOwned Member

You need to kop a better camera

Truth...I'm 17 though so not a bunch of cash. That's from my cell phone camera =/

Photos need to be bigger in order for me to comment.

Yeah, I'm not sure why they turned out so huge, I'll look into resizing next time.

18. meso

meso Well-Known Member

My two concerns about this outfit are the sweater and the shoes kind of match. Boring color pallete in the outfit, that's the fault of my lack of wardrobe. The second is wearing a crew neck under my v neck sweater. I'm not sure if that's a no-no. I think it looks kinda bad, but as the sweater is really light, it doesn't flatter my body unless I put something underneath it. Also the neck is too wide for me to wear a v neck undershirt without it showing.

Honestly, I think you're trying to tweak a look that isn't a look at all. It's too generic to be much of anything. What are you going for, anyways?

On a smaller scale you're right-on about the problems, at least from what I can tell from the pic. You have incredibly blah neutral colors. The sweater is too boring to stand on its own. May work as layering. The sneakers aren't really doing it for me -- dunno what else to say about em. Get new shoes. Jeans are a little short without much stacking... they also look kinda washed out and dad-jean-y, but maybe it's the pic. Visible undershirt is always a fail, unless it's clearly intentional and works with the look.

You're obsessing about points that are too small. Missing forest for the trees. Gotta make bigger changes. A jacket and new shoes might be a good bet, for starters. Maybe toss the jeans, too -- I can't really tell what the wash is like in that pic. You're a skinny guy and could do with fits and layers that make you look a little less gangly.

19. skeleton

skeleton Well-Known Member

20. max_r

max_r Well-Known Member

[​IMG] pictures are still coming out half-blurred like they're from an iphone or something D:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.