1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Well-Known Member

This thread has definitely derailed.

2. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Well-Known Member

if you stay in school long enough maybe you can come back to that and reread it so you understand it

I'ma call you broken axle from now on

lulz

3. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

back on topic xposting [​IMG]

4. softy

softy Well-Known Member

What has become of our gentle softy? [​IMG]

i was trying to channel some of that inherent masculinity ARW was talking about earlier.
    i feel ashamed. [​IMG]
    going to go wash my mouth out with soap now guys.

5. softy

softy Well-Known Member

back on topic xposting
    [​IMG]

he looks a lil greasy in that pic...
    it ain't easy bein greasy

6. chasingred

chasingred Well-Known Member

I dunno if I can even deal with SWD at this point, Chasingred's posts actually make me [​IMG]
    so, uh, fashion ends at chinos and raw denim? I guess you're right though. Cuz I am caught up in "ideas." However, people were talking shizz bout his fits just cuz they were "avant-garde(hate umbrella terms)." Don't get why that is warranted when peeps all dress a certain way here as well.
    There is a lot in between chinos/ raw denim and over the top avant garde. For example, there is the entire world of suit shorts. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Lane

Lane Well-Known Member

that fool needs to put on some socks

8. softy

softy Well-Known Member

I dunno if I can even deal with SWD at this point, Chasingred's posts actually make me
    [​IMG]

i thnk that has more to do with a general inability to read more than three sentences at a time without feeling uncomfortable and needing to go play bejeweled in another browser tab.

also, when i see all of these ignored/throttled posts squirming by, i know something is up in the wild west and that some kind of dispute is going on

9. Prada_Ferragamo

I want to post my waywt pic, but don't want to get slaughtered with all the anguish in here. [​IMG]

10. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

There is a lot in between chinos/ raw denim and over the top avant garde. For example, there is the entire world of suit shorts. [​IMG]
    I actually like that fit thank you very much. I also like chinos and raw denim. The problem is that it took about 3 posts of yours to see you as essentially the menswear equivalent of every annoying college sophomore who's discovered his "artistic side" and is really anxiously zealous to instruct anyone who will listen about what the appropriate benchmarks of good music are. ALL POSTS MUST BE MADE WITHIN THE PROPER FRAMEWORK FOR LOOKING AT CLOTHING WHICH I AM COMFORTABLE THAT I HAVE ASCERTAINED. To borrow from unc, FUCK Anyway I'm not really trying to start e battles or be dramatic or whatever. It just seems like a lot of things I read on here lately are "seriously, read what you just wrote and ask yourself the following: "fucking really?" EDIT: And judging by the post I' just read by someone named Rambo it's not an idiosyncratic problem on the MC side of the divide.

11. softy

softy Well-Known Member

I want to post my waywt pic, but don't want to get slaughtered with all the anguish in here. [​IMG]

i just peeped it. it makes you look even more like k-town discoteque owner than the last one did. you just need some giant shades to go with it

12. Prada_Ferragamo

i just peeped it. it makes you look even more like k-town discoteque owner than the last one did. you just need some giant shades to go with it

Speaking of which. NYC k-town had some hot ass Korean chicks when I was there last time. Wish I knew how to speak Korean. [​IMG]

13. softy

softy Well-Known Member

Speaking of which. NYC k-town had some hot ass Korean chicks when I was there last time. Wish I knew how to speak Korean. [​IMG]
    lez roll up in our Y's sweatpants + white pumas steez and go paint the town red [​IMG] tbh they are probably plastic surgeried out chix go wild for that kim jong-il steez let's sip some'a dat soju+ melon yogurt action

14. aether

aether Well-Known Member

i dont understand how ARW can say antyhing about synthese's facial structure. have you guys met eachother in real life or something?

15. Prada_Ferragamo

lez roll up in our Y's sweatpants + white pumas steez and go paint the town red [​IMG]
    tbh they are probably plastic surgeried out
    chix go wild for that kim jong-il steez
    let's sip some'a dat soju+ melon yogurt action

[​IMG]

16. softy

softy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

shit is disgusting btw [​IMG]

17. Prada_Ferragamo

You don't like soju? I love that stuff.

18. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Well-Known Member

i dont understand how ARW can say antyhing about synthese's facial structure. have you guys met eachother in real life or something?
    lol nah dude, just based on fit pics, obviously can't see his whole face but you get the nose down. he's got a broad jaw and and long chin etc

19. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Well-Known Member

This isn't a contest on who can be push the most boundaries. Stop trying to be the Dada of fashion. Most avant garde movements are just filled with dickheads anyway who have totally left the realm of aesthetics and beauty, and instead become completely concerned ideas. If that's your bag, then you should only talk to people who are in that conversation, because others are clearly going to clown you for having some really retarded aesthetic sense.

You're a fucking goofball. Fashion avant-garde isn't like Flux or F2B or something, that's just fashion now. Avant-garde is some old Paul Poiret or Chalayan or something. Owens, Saberi, and co. all have a really clear aesthetic bent. Just because ssense tells you something is "avant-garde" doesn't mean it is.

Or: sometimes, when you don't like a thing, it still has worth.

If "This isn't a contest on who can be push the most boundaries" means what I think it means, I would disagree. In some aspects, it is a contest on who can be push the most boundaries. Current leader (designer): Martin Margiela and the exposed labia runway look. My bet for a successor is Gareth Pugh showering the audience with dog semen fired from Super Soakers, but I don't know if you could even get enough pneumatic pressure or what.

20. softy

softy Well-Known Member

You don't like soju? I love that stuff.

i was referring to the yakult mini yogurt guys / flavored melon crap.

soju is alright, i'd rather not revisit benders of yesteryear however.
    that dduk kochi stuff is great though
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.