• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^The Duometer collection is pretty hit or miss imo. The new 40.5mm Duometer Lunaire is a real winner though!

what are those two little hands at the bottom from the typical 4-5 o'clock and 7-8 o'clock positions?

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

what are those two little hands at the bottom from the typical 4-5 o'clock and 7-8 o'clock positions?

Power reserve(s).

The Quantieme Lunaire is far and away my favorite. It is the one I could see myself wearing day in and day out. To be honest, however, I really could not see myself ever wearing a watch with so many complications. At that price point, I would probably opt for something from Dufour or Voutillainen. As beautiful as the spherotourbillon is, I really don't know how comfortable I would actually be wearing it. That is not to say that I don't respect it... and drool over it... but still.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

^^The Duometer collection is pretty hit or miss imo. The new 40.5mm Duometer Lunaire is a real winner though!

this watch is :drool: i have been :inlove: with it since it first came out.

the watch has 2 power supplies, i believe the 2 little hands you refer to are power reserve indicators for each of the power supplies.

Last edited:

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
23kt6js.jpg

Archimede Pilot XLH

Last edited:

Mirador

Reaction score
JLC seems to be getting a good run here lately so I thought I would post a shot of my Navy Seal Incursion !! to say this watch came with a story would be an understatement
biggrin.gif

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JLC seems to be getting a good run here lately so I thought I would post a shot of my Navy Seal Incursion !! to say this watch came with a story would be an understatement :D

So what is the story?

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not an IWC design.

edit: yeah, what zeppelin said.

Last edited:

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I quite like the blue outlines on the hands and 2nd face.

I think the IWC big pilot is incredibly "in your face" and wouldn't buy it myself - especially for the asking price. A bit like Panerai watches...

Cylon

Reaction score
I agree with Mr. Moo here. For a standard flieger design, archimede or stowa FTW. Spend the difference on anything else...like a briefcase right?
lol8[1].gif

I would favor the Stowa for the simple reason there is no branding. I am not sure archimede offers one without

Update: I was wrong, they do but I think they offer different case sizes respectively.

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The B-Uhr may be a fairly generic WW2 design (it was made by more than one German watch company) but it is without a doubt IWC that brought it back with the Big Pilot and started the wave of re-editions that followed. Also, while IWC and Stowa have historical claims on the design (they were two of the 5 makers of B-Uhr), most of the other brands have none - they're just riding the gravy train.

Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So... I committed a WIS sin this morning, and was just wondering if there were any repercussions, or anything I should worry about.

I am always VERY safe about setting the date, and avoiding setting the date between 9:00-3:00. But today I was about to walk in to my interview and tried to set the date at about 10:20, thinking it was in the morning when I mistakenly set the watch at night :fu:

I gave it a solid 4-5 turns before realizing what I was doing. The date wheel still works perfectly, and the date still switches at midnight. Are there any residual problems that I should be worried about? I know that changing the date between 9-3 can be really bad for a watch, but is that the case with every movement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads