1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 518aata

518aata Well-Known Member

Sorry for the beginner questions again, but any idea where to get the best leather straps? As well as a trusting place to fix up my watch?

I've bought about a dozen bands from James Rust, of Rustwatch. The merchandise has been first rate, the prices a bargain, and Mr. Rust has been a pleasure to deal with.

Most of them have been crocodile or alligator from the Hirsch Artisanal line. I also bought a Tiffany-branded lizard band.

Here's a link to his eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/Rustwatch

He also sells pretty much the same merchandise on Blujay, for a few dollars less than his eBay prices. I wasn't familiar with Blujay before, but the buying process works well (with payment via PayPal). Here's a link to his Blujay store: http://www.blujay.com/?page=profile&...name=rustwatch

2. NonServiam

NonServiam Well-Known Member

Model number 116509 white gold silver dial Rolex Daytona ?
    Not quite [​IMG] You'll see that the tachy bezels are slightly different. This is the steel 116520, with the lovely panda dial from the white gold Daytona. The dials are interchangable, but such nonsense is frowned upon by Rolex. Which I fortunately don't care about, since the watch belongs to me and not Rolex [​IMG] I reserve piety for my vintage pieces. Of course I kept the original dial, if I feel like changing back. [​IMG]

3. dshin

dshin Well-Known Member

PLEASE no smacking me around... But, LOOK at THIS new product over on KickStarter. Certainly NOT high fashion, but cool nonetheless:

[​IMG]

Not the best photo. Watch the video!

SEE: LunaTik Watch

The iPod Nano just snaps in. He's got 4,000 + backers and has ALREADY raised more than $300K. Wow!

That is actually kinda cool.

4. bhall41

bhall41 Well-Known Member

What the fuck is going on in this thread? All these shitty watches are burning my eyes.

Nice. Sure beats a Rolex.

What is your problem? If this is an attempt at humour it fails miserably. If you don't like the watch posted, I suggest you at least have the decency to keep your gob shut.

5. surf4hours

surf4hours Active Member

I've bought about a dozen bands from James Rust, of Rustwatch. The merchandise has been first rate, the prices a bargain, and Mr. Rust has been a pleasure to deal with.

Most of them have been crocodile or alligator from the Hirsch Artisanal line. I also bought a Tiffany-branded lizard band.

Here's a link to his eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/Rustwatch

He also sells pretty much the same merchandise on Blujay, for a few dollars less than his eBay prices. I wasn't familiar with Blujay before, but the buying process works well (with payment via PayPal). Here's a link to his Blujay store: http://www.blujay.com/?page=profile&...name=rustwatch

I've also bought from and recommended him in the past. He is a great seller.

6. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Well-Known Member

Vintage Record Geneve...dont know much about this brand except that they were bought by Longines in the 60's or 70's I believe. An ebay score from last year...listed as being from the 30's-40's. Not sure if that's accurate or not...but I was looking for a nice looking vintage manual wind watch and this fit the bill.

I remember when you posted the score. It's a great watch.

7. dshin

dshin Well-Known Member

I remember when you posted the score. It's a great watch.

Thanks. I was bummed b/c it stopped running a couple days after I got it. I sent it back to the seller and supposedly it was fixed but ti stopped running after a day or so. So I took it to a reputable jeweler and spent about $150 to get it serviced. It's been running great ever since.

8. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

I've been wishing up this Royal Oak variant for a while - looks like this should be hitting stores soon. Also available in RG on croc strap. Impressions? I'm a bit concerned about legibility but I quite like the more modern interpretation of skeletalization... looking forward to see in the metal. [​IMG]
    Good lord Medtech that is an abortion of magnificent proportions.
    What is your problem? If this is an attempt at humour it fails miserably. If you don't like the watch posted, I suggest you at least have the decency to keep your gob shut.
    Quiet noob

9. Jott

Jott New Member

Bought my first watch yesterday, from the Longines Master Collection. Im only 16, so it was hard on my wallet, but totally worth it. Hopefully it will last long.

[​IMG]

10. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

Congrats. Great watch. Will never really go out of style.

11. kulata

kulata Well-Known Member

Bought my first watch yesterday, from the Longines Master Collection. Im only 16, so it was hard on my wallet, but totally worth it. Hopefully it will last long.

[​IMG]

Nice watch.

Service it once every 5 years or so. Wear it well!

12. Beckwith

Beckwith Well-Known Member

13. bhall41

bhall41 Well-Known Member

Quiet noob

Pathetic.

14. rwbenjey

rwbenjey Well-Known Member

This is what I wear everyday (I would have shot it on my wrist, but even with long arms, 50mm is pushing it. So, it got the star treatment [​IMG] ). I also have the Desire model on a nice black leather strap, but I'll have to post a pic of that one later. The next watch purchase will probably be an Omega De Ville.

[​IMG]

15. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Well-Known Member

great shot of that tissot. designwise a real departure from what i associate with tissot

16. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

^ yup, tissot should probably get back in making more of those

17. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

This is what I wear everyday (I would have shot it on my wrist, but even with long arms, 50mm is pushing it. So, it got the star treatment [​IMG] ). I also have the Desire model on a nice black leather strap, but I'll have to post a pic of that one later. The next watch purchase will probably be an Omega De Ville. [​IMG]
    Excellent. I've got the black face with the arabic numerals. I don't think I've actually worn it once though. Probably should sell the bastard. It really is a fantastic watch.

18. TheWraith

TheWraith Well-Known Member

+1

Lovely looking Tissot.

19. Singular

Singular Well-Known Member

Today's - looking strangely workwearish with flannel shirt, OCBD and 70s Submariner;

[​IMG]

/M

20. TheWraith

TheWraith Well-Known Member

Great looking Sub there, mate. Exceptional.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.