1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy57

Andy57 Well-Known Member

+1

That's a beautiful 1675. If you're anything like me, it will be hard to remove from your wrist.

2. bahlsdheep

bahlsdheep Well-Known Member

Some awesome stuff in here.

Quick picks of my current favourite daily wearer. Speedmaster Pro 50th anniversary "patch." Always wanted a speedy and just had to have this one when they came out in '09.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  3. SteveH35

SteveH35 Well-Known Member

Can't beat this watch in this price range

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  4. CHRK33

CHRK33 Well-Known Member

I love that Tudor. Waiting on my AD to get one in stock - hopefully a Christmas/New Years' present to myself!!!

1 person likes this.
  5. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

Steve,

Although everyone enjoys looking at watch pics, I can't help feeling that yours do not have any point. Other than promoting your (used/grey?) dealer business as linked in your sig. Of course it's all perfectly within the rules, but picture after picture with essentially no commentary or context, starts to look like spam. And that is unwelcome.

I like the Black Bay too, though.

6. SteveH35

WTF? The whole thread is for watch pics. [​IMG]

7. culverwood

culverwood Well-Known Member

But it is not a shopfront.

8. SteveH35

One watch I've ever posted is for sale. That's not even my main business. But whatever, have fun guys. I'm out of this thread.

9. Andy57

Andy57 Well-Known Member

Was there more to this recent exchange that I'm aware of? I haven't read all 3000+ pages of this thread, but I did not interpret @SteveH35 's posting of that Black Bay as shilling. I didn't even know who he is until I went to his website because of the subsequent posts.

What happened here?

10. DLJr

DLJr Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't really get this. I enjoy the wrist shots as they've been almost all different watches. The same watch over and over without a story, ok, but I like seeing new watches on wrists. YMMV.

11. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

Sure, I like to see them too. But without any comment or context, it doesn't make any sense. Unless it's simply about putting posts on enough pages to get the traffic up to your blog/shopfront.

I like watch pics too, of course...maybe I'm being mean.

1 person likes this.
  12. DLJr

DLJr Well-Known Member

I value wrist shots, it helps me consider watches I might not have considered before, and yeah I suppose I could goggle them, but I prefer to see them here in case it sparks questions that I can then ask directly to the poster. To me there is a lot of value, even if it is just one wrist shot with no words. I'd appreciate if you'd continue to post @SteveH35 .

2 people like this.
  13. OmarDubaibanker

OmarDubaibanker Well-Known Member

Hey would have to be the worst salesman in the world posting pics with no comments? Do you gentlemen!

14. jbarwick

jbarwick Well-Known Member

+1. I always liked Steve's videos he posted and if Mimo didn't mention it, I would have thought the sig link was to his videos. Plus different watches to at least draw some discussion is nice. I like Steve's videos.

1 person likes this.
  15. jhcam8

jhcam8 Well-Known Member

huh? Steve, if I quit every time someone irritated me I'd never be on SF. :slapfight:
    Probably most of us think that we don't get enough love when we post, or meanies say bad things, or even worse - just ignore our insightful remarks.

Anyway, it looks like you're 2 to 1 con and pro, so far.

BTW, your site wouldn't load when I just went to it.

16. SteveH35

I appreciate the support. I've been a watch collector for 13 years and only got into the business because I was a collector. I primarily run watch companies (including being one of the first employees of MB&F and bringing them to North America) and consulting. My site is a side thing and I generally make private sales for a handful of big time collectors. I'm not a dealer trolling for business on SF. That being said, my credibility is important to me and it's not even remotely worth these hassles just to share some fun pictures on here. I'm sure the people who really care about my stuff follow me on Insta, read my site, watch my youtube reviews, or have read my pieces on Hodinkee or wherever else.

Dealing with some other bs today, so perhaps I overreacted, but in general who needs this [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    4 people like this.
  17. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

Steve, I apologise if I've misread you. I'm also in a bad mood today.

(And anyway, who gives a damn what I think?)

18. Cleav

Cleav Well-Known Member

Got that bit right! :smarmy:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  19. OmarDubaibanker

OmarDubaibanker Well-Known Member

what is ur website if you don't mind me asking?

20. jhcam8

jhcam8 Well-Known Member

mimo, I was going to point out that you can be a mean bastard. :crackup:

haha

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.