• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If anyone is looking to buy one of the new 42 mm AP Royal Oak Offshores, let me know--I've been offered some at pretty good prices. I'm really digging the new Safari but gonna pass as I'm saving up for something else . . .

ROO-Safari.jpg

:bounce2:

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score

Alas, I've just lost my great new job - apparently the guy who's not been doing it for the last fifteen years has convinced the Chairman that he can really, and therefore my newly created position isn't needed.  Given everyone else's crappy first quarter, apparently cutting the new job before mimo gets contract tenure, was an easy sell.  ****!  But you're right, this watch will get me in the end...and I have a plan.  And in the mean time, I still have TWAT.

SRSLY? Boo!

That sucks, mimo!

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm on a flight tomorrow morning, won't see my new watch until monday :fu:

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Pretty sure that's blue balls, mate. TWAT being both cause and cure ...

lol, indeed.

If anyone is looking to buy one of the new 42 mm AP Royal Oak Offshores, let me know--I've been offered some at pretty good prices. I'm really digging the new Safari but gonna pass as I'm saving up for something else . . .

ROO-Safari.jpg

i dig it. perfect color scheme.

---

mimo, that RJ is all kinds of bad.

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alas, I've just lost my great new job - apparently the guy who's not been doing it for the last fifteen years has convinced the Chairman that he can really, and therefore my newly created position isn't needed. Given everyone else's crappy first quarter, apparently cutting the new job before mimo gets contract tenure, was an easy sell. ****! But you're right, this watch will get me in the end...and I have a plan. And in the mean time, I still have TWAT.

BOOOOOO!

But you always have TWAT, this is the truth.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ROO-Safari.jpg

Ah crap, I thought I was over that.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Alas, I've just lost my great new job - apparently the guy who's not been doing it for the last fifteen years has convinced the Chairman that he can really, and therefore my newly created position isn't needed.  Given everyone else's crappy first quarter, apparently cutting the new job before mimo gets contract tenure, was an easy sell.  ****!  But you're right, this watch will get me in the end...and I have a plan.  And in the mean time, I still have TWAT.

:( really sorry to hear that, mimo. that sucks hard.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
OM: I saw one in person the other day, and the way that beige dial pops the tapisserie, against those browns and that chunky brushed case....yes the strap is OTT...but it's a hell of a thing...you should PM for a price.

Yes, I'm still able to enable...and I just ordered two pairs of Vass and a bespoke tie, I mean, life goes on right?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats what they tell me. :)

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

OM: I saw one in person the other day, and the way that beige dial pops the tapisserie, against those browns and that chunky brushed case....yes the strap is OTT...but it's a hell of a thing...you should PM for a price.

Yes, I'm still able to enable...and I just ordered two pairs of Vass and a bespoke tie, I mean, life goes on right?

It does indeed. Sorry to hear your news Mimo.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All this Lange pr0n drew me out...

14fa8859_image.jpeg

Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I am sorry to hear Mimo! But you know, I have found that things always work out for those who put themselves in the right situations!

I enjoyed your recent VC pics. The Malte looks great... the perpetual calendar looks delicious... and I have to say, I love that Overseas. The Overseas has been growing on me as of late. It looks great on the wrist.

jdldore

Reaction score
Here's my Temption Cameo in Silver. (Another small German watch brand; I feel like I get pretty good value out of the smaller German companies.)

It's a funky watch to be sure, but those funky details are pretty neat. It's not a small watch (40 x 37, I think), but it is not very wide (circa 10 mm) and is incredibly light on the wrist for its size.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads