1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

Much as blue dials and stick markers always appeal, I think I like the earlier 5100 more: either way, these movements are spectacular, aren't they?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's about four years since I was last in NY. One of these days I'm going to have to come over for lunch. With so much TWAT-chat, it's starting to feel overdue.

Talking of PP, my beloved has taken an endearing interest in matters horological after being shown so many things over the last couple of years. She was showing me pictures of stuff last night that she's decided she likes. Frilly's 3970 featured prominently. Three different versions so far on her "I'd quite like..." list. Salmon dial anyone? I knew you people were ruining my life. There's me still agonising over Stowa and the light of my life is graduating to Patek grand complications. You jerks.

2 people like this.
  2. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Finishing off my 3 favorites and at this moment I am not sure there are anything else that can top any of these within the brand.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  3. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

I was also hoping to get there for this!

1 person likes this.
  4. Steel28

Steel28 Well-Known Member

Great trio RFX!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  5. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

If we actually set a date for a TWAT meetup, I would go. I got some free flights lined up, that are just itching to be used.

6. TauKappaEpsilon

TauKappaEpsilon Well-Known Member

Nice collection! It's interesting that of the three watches chosen, none of them have the date.

Have you missed/wanted a date function on a watch?

7. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

Such an amazing watch. I miss the one I handled at work. :(

8. Dino944

Dino944 Well-Known Member

A trip to Leffot with you sounds dangerous $$$$$, but I look forward to it maybe on my next visit to NY. A Friday is the only day I can take off from work (although then I can make it a 3 day weekend)...anyway, I'll keep you posted after I have had a chance to look at my schedule. Plus Mrs. Dino is starting a new job, so I have to check with her schedule too...as its highly unlikely she will want to miss out on a trip to NYC, especially since her favorite SA is there at Van Cleef.

Thank you my friend. I hope you are still enjoying your Jumbo RO. I might be stopping by your neighborhood toward the end of the year...so maybe we can meet up then if not sooner. Cheers!

9. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

I don't really need the date function, my other favorite in my collections a Portuguese Chrono but I'm usually aware of the day date. I was also never a big fan of the cyclops, I don't hate it and I'd rock a BLNR without a problem but I just love the watches symmetry, you can just see it in the lume shot.

I considered the SD4000 with the date and no cyclops but the case was just too thick for my liking.

1 person likes this.
  10. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Well-Known Member

Damn, RFX. nice haul.

I'm contemplating my next purchase. Will be either a Sub (Date or ND) or GMT (BLNR or LN). decisions decisions.

11. in stitches

RFX, please post pics of your full collection. Thanks! :)

12. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

You should see his baller sneaker and leather collection. :embar:

13. in stitches

14. no frills

no frills Well-Known Member

mimo, you're welcome. And yes, you did call this last (ongoing?) round of frillyvolousness.

P.S. I heard you liked the symmetry of this one currently on my wrist:

[​IMG]

15. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

Ah yes..."less is more" in this instance, I feel. I might have mentioned a liking for that, once or twice. Looking good. :)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  16. in stitches

Symmetry at its best. Love.

17. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

Watch selfie while waiting for wife getting her hair cut.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. Patrick R

Patrick R Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a dress watch. My preferences are heavily skewed towards simple. The new Omega Trésor looks fantastic to me.

[​IMG]

I am also a fan of smaller watches. My daily wear is a 34mm Rolex Air-King, but I suspect the diameter won't bother me because of the (relative) thinness. I will try on the watch before buying to make sure it's the appropriate size.

Question: What else do you like in this category, buying new, in the general price range (15k and below)?

19. in stitches

For 15k Id find an AP ultra thin. But that Omega looks lovely, whats the MSRP?

20. aleksandr

aleksandr Well-Known Member

Piaget Altiplano. Not sure what the RRP on that is though, except its out of my price range.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.