1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marvin100

marvin100 Well-Known Member

Far more annoying on a phone or throttled internet connection.

2. academe

academe Well-Known Member

P RO on the wrist today. It hasn't gotten much wrist time over the last week, so it's nice to have it on again.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Dachshund

Dachshund Well-Known Member

Think I'll pass on that one too, thanks.

4. DLJr

DLJr Well-Known Member

My issue isn't with seeing the same pics 12 times, though I don't particularly care for that, my issue is viewing on mobile while it's struggling to load the page because no one uses spoilers. And it's hardly just one poster, as that wouldn't cause as much of an issue. I suppose the solution for me is to just not visit the thread when on mobile away from a decent wifi connection.

5. Belligero

Belligero Well-Known Member

With all this talk of GPs lately, I thought I'd post up what I'm wearing today:

[​IMG]

My phone camera is all I have on me at the moment its mangled lens makes the tan dial look like a sallow mess, so I inverted the colours to salvage the photo.

The 38 mm cushion case sits perfectly on my 200 mm (7 3/4") wrist and it's among the top three in the rotation. I don't get tired of the design and I still haven't spotted any WTF elements to it. I definitely know what you mean about the blued hands and applied rose gold Arabics; it seems to be a GP strength.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    3 people like this.
  6. Dino944

Dino944 Well-Known Member

I usually try just to use 1 pic unspoilered and delete multiples when quoting someone, in an effort to streamline things a bit. Anyway, you are far to kind. Thanks Bro! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. J3ff

J3ff Member

Here's my vintage LeCoultre. Yes, a little small for my wrist, but a narrower croc band might help the look.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

NOOOOO! VISIT ALWAYS!!!!!

9. DLJr

DLJr Well-Known Member

Well, you're always just a PM away. Are there any fun boutiques or AD's down your way, Stitch? I've visited Frills twice now, I'm planning a trip to New Orleans and will likely be seeing Nuke when I'm down there, so I'm probably due to a trip to your neck of the woods.

10. Keith T

Keith T Well-Known Member

Looks great! Agreed maybe a touch small, but it probably wears very well with a suited/dress shirt look. Pics like this one always make me think really hard about going the vintage route vs. purchasing a modern dress watch. As long as it's a decent size with a clean, well-regulated movement, there's so much to love.

11. in stitches

indeed!

there are a few. regular stores, but some very nice selection. obviously they dont carry as much uber high end as what you see in nyc, but there is fun to be had. looking forward to your visit!

12. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

Go to Stitchy's fun, unauthorised boutique and take pics!

My small watch works fine for me. I'd just say don't be shy with the strap: I find that actually one that doesn't taper too much makes the whole thing look more substantial on the wrist. And that gold is longing to be set off against something. I'm thinking...navy cordovan. But then again, I'm a pervert.

13. in stitches

lol. we move our stuff pretty quick, so there is not usually much to see, but would be cool to have DL see my place of bidness.

14. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

Take pics of Stitch and his stuff moving quickly!

1 person likes this.
  15. in stitches

oh, i dont move quickly, just our watches.

16. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

You're a ginger ninja. No fooling us.

Also, here is a blurry picture of a watch from someone's wrist last night:

[​IMG]

17. DLJr

DLJr Well-Known Member

I thought you moved quickly in order to get the right look for your SW&D pictures, have I been misinformed. [​IMG]

18. robw

robw Well-Known Member

Dino- Far be it from me to an enabler, but some complications are where I would go with your collection.

I took a break from buying for quite a while, and then recently picked up a a couple of complicated watches. I definitely want to get more, if things like the budget allow.

Regards

19. in stitches

well, maybe sometimes i move quickly lol.

20. academe

academe Well-Known Member

Nice to see so many Sinns on TWAT. I don't know that much about their provenance or history, except that they were founded by some with former links to IWC? Would any Sinn collectors out there be able to say more? I'm starting to appreciate their military styling aesthetic...

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.