1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Well-Known Member

Beautiful combination ... really fantastic.

2. Cleav

Cleav Well-Known Member

Anyone got any strong views for or against a Chronoswiss Regulaetuer CH1223SW? I've been offered one 7 years old at GB£2500

Some of the accompanying blurb I got -

"The French regulator style popularised by Breguet is an unusual yet captivating way to design a watch dial. The Enicar-based movement features gold chatons, the dial is beautifully silvered and the hands a rich blue. If a dressy, French-styled regulator is something you’ve got a hankering for, you won’t find better without spending a lot more"

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Flake

Flake Well-Known Member

I have a regulator dial watch. Love the look. It takes a little while for the brain to get used to reading time at a glance on one though.

I personally like Chronoswiss. Cool company run by a cool guy. I like the classic aesthetic as well. But that's a personal thing.

4. rnguy001

rnguy001 Well-Known Member

2 watch weekend Most of the week was this though: [​IMG] Switching it up to this today [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  5. Raven

Raven Active Member

I love the look of the Sub on Mrs. TC. :slayer:

Was kinda on the fence about subs before, but now...

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  6. MG85

MG85 Active Member

A few months ago after a lot of research and some advice from this thread I decided on a black face Daytona as my first "real" watch.

Unfortunately the AD sold it before I pulled the trigger. Thursday I went to another AD who luckily had it in stock and Saturday...

I went for a little drive.
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  7. Cleav

Cleav Well-Known Member

Congratulations :nodding:

8. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

a beaut and a classic.

9. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Well-Known Member

Wow...great.

10. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

I can't opine with any authority on what you should pay for it. But I can say it's very pretty and I'd like one.

I'm flattered to be asked for my uneducated opinion. As I've tyre-kicked more than one 323 before, I can say it wears very light for a 47mm monster. If it were my choice, I'd take it because I just find it more interesting - the asymmetry of the dial, and that "Jules Verne" sueded gator strap is sublime. I really did like it.

But logic is a terrible thing to apply to love, and if it's the 346 that makes your heart sing aesthetically, then do it. You could always get that gorgeous strap as an extra, although I think somehow the 346 might work better on some dark, shiny and reptilian with contrast stitching. Just a feeling - maybe because that "cyclops" makes it look more sporty and tough.

1 person likes this.
  11. rnguy001

rnguy001 Well-Known Member

congrats MG - beautiful watch and looks great on you

12. jbarwick

jbarwick Well-Known Member

13. Dino944

Dino944 Well-Known Member

MG- Congrats on your new Daytona. Looks great! I've always been a fan of Daytonas with a black dial. Congrats and enjoy!

14. ktown

ktown Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of picking up a $5k-ish watch this year. So far I'm liking the IWC Pilot Chrono and the Zenith El Primero:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I already own an Omega SMP 2254:

[​IMG]

I'm looking for something sporty, >40mm but flexible on this, on a leather strap, with more visual details on the dial. I'll probably look around for a mint condition used watch. I work in a business casual environment and rarely ever need to wear suits. I want to be able to dress up the watch for business but also wear it with jeans and t-shirt. What do you guys think? Although resale value isn't that important to me, I know the Zeniths usually sell for significant discount in the secondary market. But it also uses an in-house movement rather than a 7750.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  15. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

i much prefer the IWC of the 2. i think it has a much cleaner and classic look.

16. Cant kill da Rooster

Cant kill da Rooster Well-Known Member

You might want to check out the Zenith Pilot as an alternative to the one above. Much closer in appearance to the IWC although maybe not as iconic.

17. RogerP

RogerP Well-Known Member

Quote:Agreed. The slightly dressier Zenith Captain chrono might also be an option given that his other watch is a black dial dive watch.

18. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Well-Known Member

Outstanding pair there.
    Haha, she wears it well for sure. Thanks!

19. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Well-Known Member

This list is ridiculous. Riding on rims after a flat, leaving the scene of an accident, wearing adult diapers?! They make it seem like you have to be James Bond to survive a trade show. I understand there is a lot of money and (accordingly) a lot of theft, but this list has to have some edge of humor to it.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  20. DerekS

DerekS Well-Known Member

saturday started with this
    [​IMG]

and finished with this
    [​IMG]

finally have a panerai back in the collection. 29M...rerelease of the old 29. now...onto more straps!

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.