1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

All you need now is some kind of nylon tracksuit top and you'll be completely anti-mimo.

But the watch is nice.

2. Cleav

Cleav Well-Known Member

Mimo, you're very kind. If I had the means I would let...

Thought I'd wrestle the Duchess for hers for a pic or two. What you learn through a lens eh?

I can't remember ever noticing the roman numerals! (purchased 18 months apart) Also, what a mess it is. Looks like time for some work.

Anyway, is it twee to have matching? (to the untrained eye) Don't know. However, she has had many compliments and the pair have been noted on many occasions, she tells me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. no frills

no frills Well-Known Member

Gonna add to the Rolex pile! Wearing 114270 today. To save money for future watch purchases I go to Chinatown for haircuts!

[​IMG]

----------------------------

/****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/

4. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

Keepin' it G, Frilly! I can feel that you get a great deal of pleasure from that Explorer, despite its relative modesty next to PP stable-mates. One man's luxury watch, is Frilly's favourite pair of old slippers. :)

5. jbarwick

jbarwick Well-Known Member

Fluted and Jubilee is the way it should be....Blue and Sticks just for kicks!

6. Keith T

Keith T Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO that Frilly would post replicas. Hilarious.

Frilly's got fake watches like Upton's got fake....well....you know.... :embar:

Cleav, man I really love that DJ. Not in the market for one, but always figured I'd opt for the smooth / sticks / oyster combo. And I like the blue as well. Magnifique.

But I will also say this once again: thank God my wife is not into watches.

7. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

I dunno....he does get his hair cut in Chinatown.... haha

8. Cleav

Cleav Well-Known Member

:lol:

9. Cleav

Cleav Well-Known Member

Keith T how right you are.

Today we had a lovely day out together, rare treat with the 'flower garden' (our two girls) at school. She kopped a new pair of C & J for "picking the girls up"!

[​IMG]

and mentioned when I was looking at IWCs how she liked the new ladies rolex, seen in a magazine! (thats code for go look)

:facepalm:

1 person likes this.
  10. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Stitchy, it was pretty bad (at least based on my expectations). There were 2 customers (well 1 and a couple who were together) in the store and at least 2 staff members not doing much of anything. I wanted to check out the MUT and noticed they only had it in gold. I asked if they had a stainless available and the guy looks up and says "what you see is what we have". I asked about pricing and he says "I would have to look that up". I ask if he could do that and he says "we don't have it in store and I would have to order it from another store with a deposit". I was going to try on the gold one to get a better feel for how it looked on wrist, but I just left. The Rolex boutique a few feet away was still open and only had 1 customer inside and I thought about inquiring re: BLNRs, but I didn't bother and just called it a day.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  11. Dino944

Dino944 Well-Known Member

Beautiful his and hers Rolex watches. Looks great!

That Canal Street "Bolex Explerar" [​IMG] is looking good Frills!

[​IMG] Spot on Keith !!! Great statement! Our Frills would never wear fakes.

12. Dino944

Great JLC wrist shot...and are you having fun driving Mimo crazy with your jeans?

Always sad, to hear when people working on a shop can't be bothered to assist a customer. When I worked in retail years ago, I always enjoyed working with customers. Anyone too lazy to look up a price or to actually engage a customer is in the wrong business.

13. Cleav

Cleav Well-Known Member

@Dino944 :cheers:

14. Dino944

Since this is turning into a photo sharing afternoon...here is my photo for today. My only blue dialed watch, but one of my favorites. It seemed appropriate to wear for finishing up a transaction on a new blue car.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

I drooled over this on Instagram today. And here I am drooling over it again! Stunner. Enjoy that new Porsche, Dino!

16. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Beautiful Dino! I know you and Frills are not doing it on purpose, but each and everyday I vacillate between the 15202 and the 5711 as my next watch. Today, you are winning. I am having a whole lot of fun showing off my jeans to Mimo :D. And congrats on the Porsche! What did you get? I think car pics are always welcome.

17. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Awe, no love for the shell loafers?

And if it is any consolation, I do not own anything that even faintly resembles a nylon tracksuit top.

18. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

Shell loafers, if you think about it, are a rather odd concept. But I have love for them nonetheless.

And apart from your disgraceful overalls and socklessness, I'm still smarting at what you said about the Speedmaster Moonphase. I LOVE that watch. It's top of my Omega wish list :)

Dino, I love your watch even more- now you'd better show us the accessory car!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  19. Dino944

Thanks, for the kind words about the AP and the Porsche...I can't wait for some nice spring weather to get so I can take some nice photos of my 2 blue babies together.
    Frills and I have a diabolical plan to post pix repeatedly of the 5711 and 15202 until you can't their their images out of your mind. Its called PP/AP syndrome...there is no cure. You will just have to give in and buy one!!!

Its a new 2014 Cayman S that Mrs. Dino and I ordered a few months ago.

I just love that shade of blue and how it changes color in different lighting conditions.
    Since you asked here are a few pix from when it arrived at the dealer. Not all of the plastic was removed (bright blue stuff near inner part of door) and the wheel caps hadn't been installed yet. Its all being detailed and prepped to come home.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Lovely Cayman. Cheers, fellow Porsche owner!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.