1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cleav

Cleav Well-Known Member

Frills - And Cleav - 'tis a dangerous path you are treading hahaha.

But master, the prize!?!

[​IMG]

----------------------------

/****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/[/quote]

2 people like this.
  2. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

First LOL of the day, Frilly and Cleav, thanks!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  3. culverwood

culverwood Well-Known Member

Smiths used to have an advert claiming that "I carried you watch to the summit and it worked perfectly" Sir Edmund Hilary.

As far as I am aware one of the watches was worn by Hillary and Tensing when they reached the summit of Everest in 1953 may have been a Rolex but the other watch was a Smiths.

4. apropos

apropos Well-Known Member

Reverso fanboy checking in with pre-SIHH 2014 sneak peak (from our well connected friends at TPP)...

[​IMG]

Same GRUT case as the TTR 1931.

...honestly I'm a bit meh about this one. I still much prefer the "original".

[​IMG]

5. no frills

no frills Well-Known Member

[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAH nice one Cleav!

Did you like the Pateks when you tried them on? Their aesthetics in the flesh, on your wrist? PP's price point is ridiculously high but they can be crazy intoxicating (I speak from experience) if they really move you. And it will be specific pieces too. Like, I think the new 5270s look awful.

Do you guys watch HISHE (How It Should Have Ended) on YouTube? Funny series about how movies should have ended. I think their LOTR version was to have those giant birds fly the ring and drop it at Mordor to be melted. Done, no hassle. Then all the main characters were gathered around at a diner saying "oh man imagine if we had to make that trek on foot? Sheez!" Hahaha.

1 person likes this.
  6. suaviter

suaviter Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the congratulations! Still don't know how to multi - quote .... [​IMG]

7. Dino944

Dino944 Well-Known Member

I like the first one which I'm guessing is in rose gold? I think I'll hold off on making a judgment until I see them in person.

8. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

That Reverso looks fantastic. The 1931 is the only case size that works for me, I think, and the small seconds/stick markers/brown dial combo is ticking a lot of desirability boxes for me. Is that steel? Could be a contender for "most-real-life-desirable-Reverso" in my book. Look forward to more info. And one with a cream dial and blued hands. Pretty please. :)

1 person likes this.
  9. RogerP

RogerP Well-Known Member

Me. Want.

10. RogerP

RogerP Well-Known Member

Click the "Multi" button at the bottom of all the replies you want to quote, but click the "Quote" button for the last one.

11. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

top JLC looks beautiful, i wonder what looks like on the wrist? my guess is that it would look small on a wrist of my size.

12. Cleav

Cleav Well-Known Member

Thanks Frills, Mimo and Stitch

Frills - I loved them all, v impressive. I have looked at the 5270s and go with you, I don't like them. In order to get me in the chair putting in my pin code there may have to be some leap of faith. That said the books, brochures I received made for great reading, good move on their part.

Suffice to say I am comfortable resisting, at the moment. I do however envisage a huge challenge going back to pick up my new Pan Rad strap :uhoh:

13. CTLION

CTLION Well-Known Member

Today is D day. My top 3 in no particular order:

1) Rolex Submariner (I will swap out the steel band for leather)
    2) Rolex Presidential in gold with a leather band
    4) Chopard

During my search for watch #2 I came across Chronoswiss which had some models that looked sharp. What is the thought of the group? I understand they lack the "tradition".

14. Kaplan

Kaplan Well-Known Member

Usually HISHE make a good point, but when it comes to not taking the eagles all the way, there was a reason for that :)

15. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

16. no frills

Hahahaha how awesome!!!!!

/****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/

17. no frills

What did you end up choosing!!! Updates please!

/****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/

18. Cleav

Cleav Well-Known Member

Today is D day. My top 3 in no particular order:

1) Rolex Submariner (I will swap out the steel band for leather)
    2) Rolex Presidential in gold with a leather band
    4) Chopard

During my search for watch #2 I came across Chronoswiss which had some models that looked sharp. What is the thought of the group? I understand they lack the "tradition".[/quote
    ]

:lurk:

19. jeff13007

jeff13007 Well-Known Member

[VIDEO]]

Thought id share this here.

1 person likes this.
  20. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.