1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Well-Known Member

Beautiful Kermit. [​IMG]
    - thanks

Good lookin Rolex
    - here are some more from the last few days..

Mon
    [​IMG]

Tue
    [​IMG]

Wed
    [​IMG]

2. bpanicola

bpanicola Well-Known Member

Yeah the owner says that the ploprof version (real name is the LM-7 for this company) is going to have a high number sold as the cost to make them was very high and the #'s have to be up to make money. I like it just because I really like tool watches. If the guy responds to me I'll buy the LM-1 and hint to my fiance to cover the rest of the cost of the LM-7 for my Christmas present. The movement is a modified swiss eta 2824-2. Here's the link and NO this is not how much it costs (it is MUCH cheaper than the price on the page) this website is not supposed to be out yet and it does not really work (you can add to the cart and try to buy but it won't work). http://www.ocean7watchco.com/cs1/ind...&product_id=17

I have the LM-1 and think it is a great watch for a tool diver. There are two of them for sale on Watchuseek's sales forum. If you can pull off both with your fiance buying you one for Christmas go for it.

Here is mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am on the fence on the LM-7. I found the forum after the pre-sale closed. At $849 (or so) pre-sale pice it is an oustanding deal. The retail price of $1199 is still very good for a 1000m diver packed with lot's of goodies and iconic style. Too many watches not enough money. [​IMG]

I see from the sneak peak of the new website that there will not be a three day full refund period on this model. I guess it makes sense as a lot of people will want to test drive this one. I was actually thinking of it myself. BTW: How did you get the link to the website?

3. KBW

KBW Well-Known Member

Yeah 849 is a ridiculously good price for all that went into the LM-7. The website link is on their facebook page. TBH I have no clue why they didn't want the website to get out. It is nicely done for a small watch company and I'd want my customers to see it even if it isn't in working order. I saw the one LM-1 on wus and will go look for the other one. Thanks

edit: I think I'm going to buy the #15 one off of WUS. The original purchase fell through

4. gusvs

gusvs Well-Known Member

My choice is the JLC Master Control Geographic. Thinking about getting a brown croc strap for it, what do you think (I use mainly brown shoes/belts)?

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

5. bpanicola

bpanicola Well-Known Member

Yeah 849 is a ridiculously good price for all that went into the LM-7. The website link is on their facebook page. TBH I have no clue why they didn't want the website to get out. It is nicely done for a small watch company and I'd want my customers to see it even if it isn't in working order. I saw the one LM-1 on wus and will go look for the other one. Thanks

edit: I think I'm going to buy the #15 one off of WUS. The original purchase fell through

Luke (snoballz) seems like a good guy. I have communicated with him on several occasions and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him.

Has he responded to your offer?

6. KBW

KBW Well-Known Member

yeah he responded. The other one is much cheaper but it has a chunk taken out of it which would kill the sale for me even if it was $300.

7. NOLA1

NOLA1 Well-Known Member

Stowa Marine Original. I'm waiting on honey and navy gator straps to really make this thing pop. It has gained 1 second in the past 3 days. Pretty good. Pretty, pretty, pretty good.

[​IMG]

8. Liyana

Liyana New Member

Petek Philippe--gentleman watch [​IMG]
    LOVE IT! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. calvinloke

calvinloke Well-Known Member

10. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

11. c_del

c_del Well-Known Member

Beautiful watch gusvs !

I support the idea of a brown/honey alligator strap. I just wouldn't go too dark of a brown with the silver face.

[​IMG]

Yes, I also support this idea. Here's a pic of my new strap in brown with a silver dial:

[​IMG]

12. tricota

tricota Well-Known Member

My choice is the JLC Master Control Geographic. Thinking about getting a brown croc strap for it, what do you think (I use mainly brown shoes/belts)?

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

Absolutely beautiful. Perfect watch...[​IMG]

13. gusvs

gusvs Well-Known Member

Beautiful watch gusvs !

I support the idea of a brown/honey alligator strap. I just wouldn't go too dark of a brown with the silver face.

[​IMG]

Thanks! Needless to say, I am extremely happy with the watch. I agree, too dark would not be right.

14. jetfight

jetfight Active Member

Petek Philippe--gentleman watch [​IMG]
    LOVE IT! [​IMG]

PP rules!! I was saving my money and hoped one day I could wear one, but then the stock market crashed ... [​IMG]

15. spertia

spertia Well-Known Member

Here is the only watch I own:

[​IMG]

It was designed by Tokujin Yoshioka for Issey Miyake and made by Seiko. Obviously purchased for the design, not the quartz technology.

Better photo (not mine):

[​IMG]

16. c_del

c_del Well-Known Member

Here is the only watch I own:

[​IMG]

It was designed by Tokujin Yoshioka for Issey Miyake and made by Seiko. Obviously purchased for the design, not the quartz technology.

Better photo (not mine):

[​IMG]

Cool! Is it two rotating 'wheels', or is it an LCD?

17. spertia

spertia Well-Known Member

Cool! Is it two rotating 'wheels', or is it an LCD?

Each disk rotates. The only bad thing about this slightly unconventional setup is that at certain points in the day it is actually a bit difficult to tell the time!

18. evanrose

evanrose Well-Known Member

Speaking of hard to tell the time, I have one of these guys: [​IMG] I also have one of these, another Issey Miyake deal: [​IMG] Also, does anyone have any advice regarding where I can get an antique chronograph repaired/restored in New York City? Thanks.

19. 0b5cur1ty

0b5cur1ty Well-Known Member

Yes, I also support this idea. Here's a pic of my new strap in brown with a silver dial:

[​IMG]

Beautiful, beautiful Seamaster.

20. Tarmac

Tarmac Well-Known Member

Speaking of hard to tell the time, I have one of these guys:

You think that's hard to tell time? I used to have one of these.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.