1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DerekS

DerekS Well-Known Member

this. Or just a black keeper off any other strap...IIRC the keeper is leather correct?

1 person likes this.
  2. DerekS

DerekS Well-Known Member

a 111 on the grey market will be 4-4500ish.

the milgauss is my next rolex. I really dig em.

3. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Well-Known Member

Nope, it's rubber (actually a rubber wrapped fabric). I will take some measurements and see if I can find something close on ebay. Thanks!

4. DerekS

DerekS Well-Known Member

really shouldnt be difficult to find at all. Hell, you may find someone that has an extra laying around. I only ever used 1 keeper on my straps.

5. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Well-Known Member

Haha, part of me was hoping that you might be exactly that someone! :)

6. DerekS

DerekS Well-Known Member

i was gonna say I might have one....but my box of watch shit is getting sparse. I do plan on looking when i get home though. not positive...but its a shot.

7. Dino944

Dino944 Well-Known Member

Beautiful!!!! Love the blue/black GMT. I'm sure you will enjoy it on the big day!

8. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Congrats on all the new watches everybody! It has taken me a while to work my way through all the new posts! Just wanted to check in with my TWATters.

On a side note, I stopped into one of the new-to-Louisiana Tudor boutiques to check out there selection. I left thoroughly impressed! In particular, the new Monaco-inspired Heritage Chronograph was quite lovely. I also really, really liked the new Tudor Black Bay. That watch is really quite something in person. It could very well be my next watch (instead of the Tank Solo--I scrapped the Reverso, just too much to ask my parents for!). The cases are a little bit chunky, but it is less a factor of the size and more a factor of how the case is designed. The Black Bay is only 10mm thick, but it looks about 13-14 mm. Very strange!

The Pelagos was also really cool. Not sure how I feel about titanium though. The lightness was a bit disconcerting.

I think that Tudor is really hitting it out of the park, and it is welcome to see what I would consider a good value in the sub-$5,000 price range. Brand new the Black Bay was $3,150, which I feel is a whole lot of watch. I wonder how discounting is going to be...

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  9. RogerP

RogerP Well-Known Member

I had the Black Bay for a while (Tudor is not new to Canada) and can't wait to get a look at the new Heritage Blue.

10. DerekS

DerekS Well-Known Member

No dice. I have a keeper to a 26mm black gator and a few random brown keepers. :(

11. Newcomer

Oh so you ended up selling the black bay? I would love to know why! And yes, the Heritage Blue is very cool! It sits surprisingly well on the wrist. Price is a bit high though.

12. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Well-Known Member

The Black Bay looks great. Gonna have to look into that one.

In the meantime, USPS delivered this earlier today:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Obligatory TWAT wristshot:
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  13. Flake

Flake Well-Known Member

Wait wait wait... There's a Tudor boutique in Louisiana? I didn't know you could even get them in the us anymore. Must check out...

14. Flake

Flake Well-Known Member

Wife's birthday. Heading to dinner. Broke out the squelette

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Wes Bourne

16. Newcomer

There is also an AD in ATL that might be a bit closer to ya :slayer:

Deets would be much appreciated on that Heuer! Lovely looking watch. Looks great on your wrist.

17. RogerP

RogerP Well-Known Member

Newcomer - it was just a case of like, not love. It's a very cool watch - particularly (IMO) on the vintage leather strap. For whatever reason, I found I wasn't wearing it much, so I moved it along. It has already gained legions of fans, however, so clearly many others find it a good fit.

[​IMG]

Oddly enough, I was completely "meh" on the Pelagos initially, but now find it in the running for the empty sports / dive watch slot. Remains to be seen if that will actually be filled, though, as the Speedy 9300 continues to prove its versatility as an all-rounder. It served very well as a one-watch choice these past few days:

[​IMG]

18. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

Wear in good health nephew.
    Creepy dude didn't make you put out or anything did he?

19. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

newC, very interesting info. i have seen very few tudors in person. did they allow you to take pics?

20. Wes Bourne

Thanks! I liked it in all the pics I had seen of it and am really thrilled with how it turned out irl. Just so damn clean.
    I did write about it a few pages back, here.

:lol: :laugh: :D :) :eh: :confused: :plain:

Nope, deal was all for cash moneyz. And he even threw in a few free extras! :fonz:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.