• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
correct D. That photo linked isnt a "promo pic" I suppose that omega was out at the same time, but it wasnt worn by Connery in a bond film. Maybe he had one in his personal collection, but omega was never worn by bond prior to goldeneye

Hi Derek,

Yea, I pretty much thought the "promo photo" looked like someone did it at home. Sure Connery could have owned an Omega, but as you stated he never wore one in a Bond film. If he had I'm sure Omega would mention it in their website section dedicated to Bond...but they make no mention of their watches and Bond films prior to Goldeneye.

Just to add to the confusion, there was Breitling in "Thunderball", apparently.

Which I shall stick ********** before ejecting myself from the DB5 and eating the 9mm from the Walther PPK as requested. It's unpleasant, but a guaranteed YouTube hit. Bite me, "Psy". Gangnam style just got old.

Yes, Bond/Connery did wear a Breitling as did a lesser character in the Film Thunderball. Bond's Breitling was equipped with a Gieger counter to detect atomic bombs that were supposedly on board villain, Largo's boat. Bond's is the 2 subdial Breitling shown in this link. http://watchesinmovies.info/movies/thunderball-1965/ There was also a 3 dial Breitling (maybe a Navitimer ...I've never been into Breitlings) worn by a pilot that gets killed early in the film. Bond also wears a Submariner later in the film.

The link I provided mentions watches worn in tons of movies (Bond, Deer Hunter, Glenn Garry Glenn Ross, etc). You can search by movie or watch brand. Someone put a lot of time into that site, there are lots of photos of the watch scenes.

Last edited:

shoefan

Reaction score
This is a Breguet ultra-thin automatic. Beautiful watch, I really like it. Unusual in that the hands are not blued steel, rather they appear to be black enamel.

Last edited:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like this.

Me too!
With a PPK.

Nice! Since we are WAY off topic, here's my contribution to the Walther discussion.

It's actually a Walther PP, a common German officer's sidearm which my Grandfather acquired at the end of the war. He left it to my Dad, who in turn left it to me. Sadly my Grandfather left it in a leather holster for decades so it suffered some damage to the finish.

Based on the serial number, it was manufactured in 1937 in Zella-Mehlis, Germany. I consider it part of my Bond collection nonetheless.

Still runs flawlessly.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
From correct Bond watches to functional and lethal Nazi memorabilia. And all of it interesting. No wonder I keep reading this ridiculous forum...:)

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me too!

Nice! Since we are WAY off topic, here's my contribution to the Walther discussion.

It's actually a Walther PP, a common German officer's sidearm which my Grandfather acquired at the end of the war.

Still runs flawlessly.
The difference between the PP and the PPK is the PP had a slightly longer barrel. Nice Walther thanks for sharing.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

From correct Bond watches to functional and lethal Nazi memorabilia.  And all of it interesting.  No wonder I keep reading this ridiculous forum...:)

you seem like a pleasant individual.

Last edited:

Cylon

Reaction score
edit and apology for coming out of the gate swinging so hard
shog[1].gif

Last edited:

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Connery wore a wristwatch in most of his films.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads